Quantcast I need help PLEASE!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default I need help PLEASE!

I leave Friday. We have tickets for MNSSHP and I had decided to me Minnie. I bought the shoes, ears and gloves from the Disney web site...I am a full figured girl so I didn't order the dress because I was afraid it wouldn't fit. I decided to turn an old maid of honor dress in to a Minnie dress, however when I tried to dye the dress it didn't take...and it shrunk So, now I have nothing!!! Does anyone have any ideas ?
    Everyone in the family has a costume...I want tone too. Help!??!!
    Countless Disneyland trips
    May 2000 Honeymoon 1st DW Trip
    April 2001 AS Music
    May 2003 Off-site
    December 2003 AS Movies
    July 2004 Disneyland
    December 2005 AS Movies
    September 2007 Pop
    March 2009 Pop
    Christmas 2010 Movies
    June 2011 off-site
    Christmas 2012 Caribbean Beach

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, here is what I would do. First maybe try a second hand store to see what you can find that would be inexpensive and that you could alter (cut, sew, etc.) without feeling guilty for potentially runing a piece of clothing.

If that doesn't work, I'd go to a fabric store and buy some cheap material to make a Minnie dress. I have a sewing machine that I don't know how to use - so I'd say buy some heat and bond (if you are also not good with a sewing machine) to attach the fabric with. If it is just for one night, then it doesn't need to be that well made.

Good luck!
    Adults are only kids grown up...

March 2013 - Beach Club
    October 2010 - Wilderness Lodge
    September 2009 - Contemporary
    February 2009 - Yacht Club
    April 2008 - Contemporary/Grand Floridian
    October 2007 - DLR - GC -Honeymoon trip!
    March 2007 - Poly
    February 2006 - DLR - Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

As far as the costume goes I am not too creative in that area sorry. I do have a tip for the shoes. If you purchased the ones from Disney, yellow and red with the velcro strap, pad the insides. 2 years back I did the whole thing, it looked really cute. By the end of the night I was practically crippled. The shoes feel comfortable at first but after walking all night at the park it was terrible. Put some extra padding at the ball of your feet, you won't regret it. I had trouble walking the rest of our vacation. Good luck on the costume!
    Next Trip: POP Century...September 16th to September 26th!

Post Thanks / Like

My wife was Minnie last year, and she got her dress from TJ Maxx. It was just a red dress with white polka dots.

If that doesn't work, why not find some overalls and be Minnie's country cousin. Or a nice evening gown, and tell everyone that Mickey's taking you out on the town later.

Either way, have fun!
    Steve

Ohana means family....
    Schultzy means crazy family!

Last Trip: November 2015 At POP

Next Trip: May 2017 at POP...again. Unless the FP+ thing isn't worked out. Then we'll go to Dollywood. Or just stay home and look at pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

Time to get creative. Hit your local fabric store and look into making your own dress. I have a Minnie dress that is very simple and looks easy enough to make. Nothing fancy, but it does the trick. If you are intimidated by the idea of making the dress maybe you could find a simple red dress at a discount store and glue white polka dots on it.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: