Quantcast New coaster for WDW - Crush's Coaster at WDS

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default New coaster for WDW - Crush's Coaster at WDS

I was lucky enough to get to Disneyland Resort Paris this weekend and did Walt Disney Studios. Wow, their new Crush's Coaster is fantastic. A combination of Space Mountain, a little Maelstrom,
    Nemo Clam ride, and Primevil Whirl. Not much whirl though.

WDW needs to get the rights and start building right now . It would fit nice in Epcot next to the Seas, or at MK behind Pooh's Spot. MK needs more Nemo theming.
    Steve "I'm Grumpy because you're Dopey"
    90Treehouse, 93Clubhouse Villa(DD2), 96Hotel Plaza(DD5&2), 99CR, 01OKW(expecting DS), 03POR (luv the trundle), 04AKL, 06ASMo(DW40, DD2), 07DLRP/PC, 08Y&BC/PC/DLRP, 09ASMusic/Cruise, 10ASSp/Pop, 11POR/Cruise, 12DLR, 13PC/Cruise, 14ASMu, 15CRx2, 16CR&ASMo(DW50)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually it is not a matter of WDW acquiring the rights to a ride at a different Disney park because one part of the Disney Company or another owns all the rights to all the rides in any park that has the name Disney on it. As a result, The Disney company already owns the rights to use this ride anyplace they want to. Sure there are outside people who are involved in the rights, but Disney won't put something in at any park that they couldn't export elsewhere if they wanted to.

It is really a matter of Disney wanting to spend the money, thinking that the ride in question fits the park and it theme, the need for another big ride, etc., etc. Having said all that, I agree from what I have read that this would be a great addition to WDW regardless of where they may decide to put it.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure all the legal issues with Euro Disney SCA and the ride manufacturer, but I agree Disney owns the trademarks so it would be easy to bring it in.

Expensive, I'm sure. Worst thing is that it's a very slow loader. Each shell only holds 4 riders and the throughput seems low. Might have to put two in side-by-side for WDW volumes.

The sign said 120 minutes but I only waited about 70 minutes... Boy, Europeans really need to learn how to queue. A brother and sister were pushing through the lines, passing others whenever the line "opened up" with room to pass. Very common practice over there. Needless to say, their advance was stopped right behind me.
    90Treehouse, 93Clubhouse Villa(DD2), 96Hotel Plaza(DD5&2), 99CR, 01OKW(expecting DS), 03POR (luv the trundle), 04AKL, 06ASMo(DW40, DD2), 07DLRP/PC, 08Y&BC/PC/DLRP, 09ASMusic/Cruise, 10ASSp/Pop, 11POR/Cruise, 12DLR, 13PC/Cruise, 14ASMu, 15CRx2, 16CR&ASMo(DW50)

Post Thanks / Like

If I remember right there were rumors of planning to put something like that ride at WDS into Pixar Place in DHS sometime in the future.
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWfanatic742 View Post
    If I remember right there were rumors of planning to put something like that ride at WDS into Pixar Place in DHS sometime in the future.
    It would fit nice at DHS, but Epcot really needs a real coaster. This would fill that gapping hole. Balance out the west side of the park with another FP ride. Soarin and Crush on the westside and MM and TT on the east. Balance the crowds as well.

Disney, time to Nike... Just do it! I promise to buy more DIS if you do...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: