Quantcast ToonTown question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default ToonTown question

Not sure where to put this so feel free to move it if necessary.

I just started playing ToonTown a few weeks ago and it's been fun...well, fun is too calm of a word. How about addicted? That works.

My problem is that I bought a new computer that has Windows Vista on it. My other had XP. Well, now when I go to log onto ToonTown, I get the screen that says "Loading Macromedia Flash Player and ToonTown installer" then the screen goes black and I'm sent to the Report a bug page. Does anyone know what I can do? Is is some security thing with Vista or something?

Darn you Bill Gates and your technology!!!!
    "You are, by far, the worst pirate I have ever heard of."
    "Ah! But you have heard of me!"

"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming."

"My friends must be punished."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you have Flash installed? I guess I can see that it won't work with Vista because it is still pretty new, but Disney should have updated it to let Vista machines play it by now.
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Post Thanks / Like

My sister has Vista, but she doesn't play ToonTown. However she does play VMK, and she has no problem with it. But when she plays on two characters at the same time she crashes. On my computer, which is XP, I don't crash, so maybe it's a Vista problem.
    Inferno. RIP VMK.
    -Happiest Place On Earth

Post Thanks / Like

I looked in the tecnical aspects of ToonTown and it does say that TT is not compatible with Vista yet. But hopefully they will fix it soon.
    Guess I'll just have to play on the laptop...

Maybe Bill Gates is really a Cog..would explain alot.

Post Thanks / Like

That's really surprising when ToonTown still to this day is a big online game that millions of people play.
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Are you running it on Firefox on Vista? I have horrible problems with VMK when I use Firefox on my Vista. If I use Exporer, it's not bad. Just the usual VMK glitches.
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Toontown isn't compatible with Vista? I didn't know that I thought I had used a free version of the game on my Laptop and it worked with Vista. I was playing on explorer. It seems to work well with that including VMK I just can't log on two people at once.
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

Post Thanks / Like

No I don't use Firefox, I use Internet Explorer. This is what is stated under the FAQ's page...

Q:Can I play Toontown in Windows Vista?

A:While it is possible to play Toontown on Windows Vista, we are currently not able to officially support it. If you mostly use your computer to play Toontown, we recommend waiting to upgrade to Vista. We are actively working on creating a Vista compatible version of our game, so stay Tooned!

If you are trying to use Windows Vista with Toontown, please be aware: Windows Vista runs in Protected Mode by default. This higher level of security helps to protect your computer from unfriendly software (probably designed by Cogs!). Unfortunately, Protected Mode is not compatible with Toontown at this time. An update to Toontown will be released soon allowing you to play without reducing your security level. We DO NOT recommend disabling protected mode even temporarily, but if you wish to play Toontown on Windows Vista before a Vista compatible version is released, here's how:

Then it goes on to describe how to do it. But I don't want to mess up my new PC when I can play on my laptop.

Post Thanks / Like

We don't want you to do it, but here's how to do it

Classic...
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Post Thanks / Like

I have logged in and used 3 VMK characters using Vista. Some problems with Vista are not the actual software but how much RAM you have to run it all. Vista uses a lot of RAM by itself and if you don't have enough you won't be able to multi task well.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: