Quantcast Please tell me why people prefer SSR

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Please tell me why people prefer SSR

We will be in WDW staying at SSR this August for 17 days. Please provide pros and cons of this resort. Any help will be appreciated.
    2000 - off site
    2002 - Caribbean Beach
    2004 - Port Orleans Riverside
    2006- Boardwalk Villas
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007- Port Orleans Riverside
    2007 - Saratoga Springs

2008- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2008- Wilderness Lodge Villas ( Tentatively )

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

SSR is our "Home" and we love it there. There are varying opinions about SSR out there and it is best for you to go with an open mind and judge for yourself. I think some of the negative comments in the past were caused by the fact that SSR was still under construction. With that being complete, I think the opinions will change.

IMHO, the pros to SSR are:

-brand new resort
    -walking distance to DTD (from Congress Park)
    -several pools
    -breathtaking view of DTD
    -golf course access on site

the cons are:

-it can be a long walk to the main pool and front desk depending on where your room is (but you can always take any of the busses as the Carriage house is the last stop on their route)
    -busses are the only transportation to the parks (there is a boat to DTD)

I believe you will love SSR and I know you will enjoy your stay...you ARE at the happiest place on earth after all !!
    John

DVC owner at SSR
    94 Off Site (Honeymoon)
    98 DL
    03 ASM
    05 AKL
    5/06 SSR
    8/06 OKW
    5/07 VWL
    8/07 SSR
    5/08 BWV
    8/09 AKV/DCL/POFQ
    Next Trip 12/17/09 BWV
    "I'm in the mood to help you dude...you ain't never had a friend like me" !! ...the Genie

Post Thanks / Like

I really liked SSR as well. It is our home resort, but on our last trip and our upcoming trip, we are at OKW simply because it is less points (I'm also wait-listed at Boardwalk for our September trip). I want to stay at all of the DVC resorts just get get a feel for everything.

As far as SSR, Congress Park had a great view of DTD as well as that short walk. We were in a 2-Bedroom villa with full kitchen. There were 7 of us ( 5 adults and 2 Children) and we didn't feel like we were on top of each other. I know many people don't like to cook on vacation, but I did a few times and found the kitchen wonderful.

The only thing I really didn't like was that the buses seemed a little slow and infrequent. However, this was before Disney had switched to the new GPS based system which will send more buses to the stops that have more people waiting. I'm interested to see if this has sped things up inside SSR.

Plan on having a wonderful time at SSR!
    ~Tripp West
    Dream CMO Top 3!

1977, 1983, 1986, 1989, 1993, 1996, 2000, 2005, 2006,
    DVC Trips
    12/2006(SSR), 2/2007(OKW),9/2007(OKW),12/07 (ASM-Got a great AP Discount),3/08 (BWV)

Post Thanks / Like

I was only there on the tour, but SSR is a beautiful resort with great accomodations. We went with AKL because it just appealed to our personal tastes more.

Have a great trip!
    Ed aka Horizon93

"If we can dream it, then we can do it".

DVC owner as of July 07 at AKV, as of Oct 2010 at BWV

Just back from honeymoon at AKV Kidani, July 2013!

Next up...not sure yet, but going back soon! )

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Please tell me why people prefer SSR

SSR is our home resort and we are very happy there. We like to grounds and all it has to offer as far as room decor, food and recreation. We also like DD and spend time there when not in the parks. There are pros and cons to which ever section you stay in including proximity (or distance) to the main building (Carriage House) and bus pick up and drop off. In addition to the main pool there are pools as Paddock (located at the section of Paddock near Carousel), Congress and Grandstand. All pools now have refillable mug stations. I recommend getting a map and knowing the layout before getting there. The boat to DD travels back and forth on the half hour. I wish it were more frequent.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: