Quantcast Disney Land

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Disney Land

Post Thanks / Like

Question Disney Land

I have been researching Disneyland and Disney World and i have found Disneyland is about $500 more.

Why is this?
    Why is the rum always gone...
    Oh, thats why.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

All of the hotels at DL tend to fall into the Deluxe category when compared to WDW. There really isn't the equivalent of All Stars or Pop.
    Niki aka Lucille

I used to be Snow White, but I drifted - Mae West

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you
    Why is the rum always gone...
    Oh, thats why.

Post Thanks / Like

That is true, the hotels are more expensive, but the park hoppers are MUCH cheaper! If you will be going for more than 4 days, buy a Deluxe AP and you can get at LEAST a 10% discount on the room, unless they release a special offer and then it could be a bigger discount.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

food is also more expensive at disneyland. your basic combo meal with drink at disney world is $8-9, while at disneyland it's closer to $10-11. the exact same ice cream bar is $2.50 at world and $4.00 at land. i guess the overall cost of living is way higher in LA than in orlando...otherwise i don't know why they do that.

Post Thanks / Like

We are going to Dl for two days in Aug::, staying at the Dl Hotel, if we were to double the cost of this trip we could go to WDW, stay at the POP, meals and tickest inlcuded for 10 days. Needless to say, I still love Disneyland more, no matter the cost. DH would rather spend the money and go to WDW. The craziest thing is that a lot of the snacks are cheaper at WDW too, we thought that was weird, you would think a bottle of water would be the same everywhere.
    "We get there when we get there!"
    Disneyland Too many times to count
    Saratoga Springs OCT '00, Dec. 2010, Dec. 2014, Dec. 2015
    A S Sports DEC '03
    POP May '06
    AKL Jan '08 Offsite Sheraton Vistana Jan '08
    Port Orleans Mar 2015, May 2015
    Coronado Springs Sept 2015

Post Thanks / Like

It's regional. It's much cheaper to live in Florida. I didn't find the prices bad in California. I live in New York - so I'm used to paying more for every little thing.

There are 2 parks as opposed to 4 - hence passes are cheaper in California.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishMickey View Post
    We are going to Dl for two days in Aug::, staying at the Dl Hotel, if we were to double the cost of this trip we could go to WDW, stay at the POP, meals and tickest inlcuded for 10 days.
    That is like comparing day and night. POP is nowhere near the likes of the Disneyland Hotel.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by autumn View Post
    food is also more expensive at disneyland. your basic combo meal with drink at disney world is $8-9, while at disneyland it's closer to $10-11. the exact same ice cream bar is $2.50 at world and $4.00 at land. i guess the overall cost of living is way higher in LA than in orlando...otherwise i don't know why they do that.
    I can tell you that is definitely NOT true. Apples to apples, it's practically the same price. (I'm talking comparing something like a cheeseburger, fries, soda meal). Now, DL does have a LOT more CS places that are to the likes of Tusker House, where it is more like a cafeteria, and there, the prices reflect the better quality of the food/size of the portions. However, overall, the CS food portions and prices are similar. I would argue, however, that the FOOD QUALITY is better at DL by more than a slight margin.

Also, the ice cream treats are the same price at DL and WDW...perhaps there is a 50 cent markup at DL, but I am VERY familiar with both places and I can tell you that the food prices at DLR are in line with what they are at WDW.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: