Quantcast Best Meal EVER in WDW - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The best time I ever had at a Disney restaurant was at Chefs de France several years ago. I had just graduated college and finished a series of classes in French Literature (long story) and my mother thought it would be amusing to have me order for the entire family in the language. Well, our waiter wasn't much older than me at the time and he was an outrageous flirt. He thought it was the cutest thing ever that I was ordering in French. He kept coming over and refilling my glass, bringing me extra crudites/charcuteries, and generally chatting me up. The other female CMs would wink at me or giggle when he was headed my way, which was highly amusing to my family. When I got up to refresh myself, he was waiting for me when I returned and made a big show of pulling out my chair and putting the napkin on my lap. Oh, and the food was excellent too. Ahh, that was fun.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Put me down as another vote for Ohana for dinner. As of our last trip, it is my new favorite restaurant experience. Although, the Hollywood Brown Derby is a very close second.
    7/90-6CB
    F/N97ASSP
    F/N98ASSP
    Jan/Nv99ASM
    7/00CB
    7/01ASM
    F/N 02ASM
    2/03ASM
    11/03DL-OFF
    F/N 04PC
    F/N 05PC
    11/06PC
    6/07PC
    10/07PC
    2/08PC
    9/08PC
    6/09PC
    2/10PC
    5/11PC
    5/12PC
    8/13Off
    10/13PC
    5/14PC
    6/14Off
    10/14AKLKV
    5/15PC
    7/15Off
    10/15SSR
    5/16SSR
    9/16SSR
    6/17PC
    5/18PC

Post Thanks / Like

narcoossees,kona cafe`,mama melrose,le` cellier,oops that`s more than one!
    "there`s a great big beautiful tomorrow"

Post Thanks / Like

Fulton's Crabhouse back in 1998 we were on the original dining plan and ran the gauntlet of eating at Fulton's. We started out with some great appetizers Crab legs, shrimp, clams on the half shell and a few other tasty treats. Then moved on to soup the Lobster Bisque was awesome. For the main course had surf and turf and a big piece of cheese cake for dessert. Almost 10 years later and I can remember this meal like it was yesterday. The service was top notch and very relaxing Good thing we were on the dining plan at the time since the bill for 4 people was up there
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

I would have to say Brown Derby. The food has always been wonderful It has been a couple of years since we have eaten there. We will be going back in August and have ADR's for the Brown Derby Fantasmic Evening....Can't wait!

First trip 1972
    Last trip 7/11
    Next trip 6/12

Post Thanks / Like

I've only been a few times but... in 2002 and 2003 Califonia Grill was best... sushi, steak and wines were (and still are fabulous)

In 2007 Narcoosees I think just edged out CG on service and food... Just barely....

What I'm saying is... if you throw out the view and fireworks...It's Narcoosees....

Both dinners (both years) were dependent on ... the dependents.. so to speak... the story reamains the same... If the kids arn't happy... no one's happy.

THAT may be the difference... kids slept thru more than half the meal at narcoosees.

Scott
    Honeymoon, 89
    Poly 2002
    CR 2003
    Shades of Green May 2007
    GF June 2014 (25th Anniversary)

Post Thanks / Like

Narcoosee's on our honeymoon. The menu has changed a bit in 13 years, but I still remember that everything was delicious, from the smoked alligator pate, to the seafood bisque to the fantastic entrees and desserets. And out waiter was a Pgh transplant, so we had some great conversation with him, too.

Boma is always good for me, too.

Post Thanks / Like

Oohh, I love these posts! Reminds me of all the wonderful times at WDW and I can enjoy others' stories also .

My best WDW meal ever has to be my anniversary meal in October 1999 at Victoria & Albert's. DH actually made it a surprise by having my MIL (she always travels with us - don't worry, she's an awesome MIL!) pack his suit and a nicer dress for me. We were staying a couple of nights at GF (another anniversary treat) and when we got there and unpacked, DH started to hang up our "special clothes" - that's when I found out we were going.

We've been fortunate enough to visit V & A several more times, but that first time will always be the the most magical. The food and service was just out of this world. I can still remember the taste of Chillean sea bass and vanilla bean creme brulee . That was the first time I had the Chillean sea bass. What a wonderful memory of our first anniversary - WDW AND Chef Scott - could it get any better?
    DVC Member Since 2000
    1998 - Offsite (Our Honeymoon!)
    1999 - Offsite
    2000 - GF & BWV
    2001 - BWV & OKW
    2002 - OKW
    2003 - OKW
    2004 - OKW
    2005 - OKW & Gaylord Palms
    2006 - OKW & Omni Champions Gate
    Most Recent Magic! - November/December 2007 - OKW & AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Le Cellier I still remember our waitresses name! Despite it being a very crazy night, and the difficult, demanding and rude family she was serving next to us, she was amazing, friendly but unobtrustive. On the ball with everything and very professional.

And the food! OHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!! Mushroom Filet is scrumptious.

Post Thanks / Like

My Dh and I are huge Tusker House fans, I am so said its going to change. He loves the chicken and I think the turkey wrap with chowder is the best. So with that changing I would have to say Liberty Tree Tavern. I love the dinner with Goofy and Minnie dressed in Colonial garb. In the past we have also had them make a fuss over the fact we are from the first state.
    DEC 2005 Pop Century
    Oct 2006 Old Key West
    Dec 2007 All Star Sports
    Sept 2008 Pop Century

February 2012 off property!

Post Thanks / Like

The Buffalo at Artist Pt.

Poly--2010. POR 2010
    Poly and CR 2011
    POR- 2009
    Grand Floridian-2009
    Wilderness Lodge-2008
    Polynesian-2008
    Contemporary-2007
    Wilderness Lodge-2006 & 2006
    Off-Site-2006
    POR- YC POR 2005

CBR- 2004

Post Thanks / Like

In 2000 we went on the Grand Plan for our honeymoon and absolutely loved most of our meals. The dining plan was very different then. We had an amazing Xmas dinner at V&A. Another one of our favorites was Fulton's Crab House. Once we told our waiter that we were on the grand plan, he was sure to point out the most expensive meals on the menu as suggestions. Lobster and Prime Rib, Lobster and Filet, etc. All I wanted was a really big lobster. I just love lobster and I don't like red meat. So, I asked the waiter, can I just have a really big lobster. He looked at me a little funny and I told him I don't like steak, and he laughed and said he would see what he could do.

Well, have you ever seen a lobster so big that it fit on a turkey platter from claws to tail. The monster had to have been a least five pounds. My husband and I looked down at the beast, slack jawed. I looked up at the waiter who was smiling, who then asked if I would like him to shell it for me. Of course, or else I would have been there all night. Talk about YUMMY!!!!
    Melissa

Disneyland - too many times to count
    Poly 2007
    3 day Cruise Wonder 2007
    4 day Cruise Wonder 2000-2001 (New Years Cruise) Honeymoon
    Beach Club 2000 Honeymoon
    Poly 98
    3 day Cruise Magic 98
    Tokyo Disneyland 1994

Post Thanks / Like

on our recent trip we finally ate at Ohana's for the very first time, and let me say that this was the best dining experince that me and dw have ever had!! the food was sooooo good and the service was even better, and guess what else ... we were on the ddp and the food nor the service lacked in any way, but thats a topic for a different discussion, but any how Ohana's is top notch and we'll already planning to start and finish our next trip next year with them

Victor
    95-97,99(dixie landings)
    06/06(asmo- mighty ducks)
    06/07(asmu - jazz inn)
    12/07(asmu - broadway)
    06/08(asmu - calypso)
    12/08(asmu - rock inn)
    09/09(asmu - broadway)
    03/10(boardwalk)free upgrade
    09/10-(asmu- rock inn)
    10/11-(asmu-country+7 day west carib cruise)
    3/12- (okw resort dvc)

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

There are a lot of places we have yet to try. And we typically don't repeat because we like try different places....

However, one place we have repeated multiple times, and gladly so, is Le Cellier. Their Mushroom Filet has never been anything but excellent.
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch last Feb. Their beer-battered mozarella sticks are the best, the Colony Salad incredible, and all of their desserts are the best on property (with the notable exception of the banana-fried tortilla thingie at WCC). Their griddled pound cake with pecans... ooooh, and their real berry shortcake.... aaah!
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Poly (04), WL (06), BC (07), AoA (20)
    DL (74, 75, 83, 87, 98, 07, 09. 10)

Magical Journeys is the ONLY way to go!

Post Thanks / Like

Another for 'Ohana! We went there for the first time last year, and it was the first ADR we made sure to get for this trip. I have never had such a hard time pacing myself at a restaurant. Each thing they brought out was better than the previous thing. From the salad and won tons to the shrimp and Maui potatoes, and all of that delicious meat! And then to top it all off with that yummy bread pudding - I thought my DW and DS were going to have to roll me out of there when we were done! I love, love, love 'Ohana!

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for Ohana. We went there for our first time this year and it did not disappoint. We won't miss it from now on.
    Great food!
    Great Atmosphere!
    Great Service!

Our dinner was a little more special to me because of all the Ohana = family thing. I went with my DH, my mom, and my dad. Mom had just finished chemo treatments for breast cancer and I had just found out I was pregnant although I hadn't broken the news yet. It was a great meal with great company. It really made me appreciate my family.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Natazu Guest

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Natazu View Post
    Since my vote is the same as Jym's I will let his tantalizing review speak for me as well.
    ~Lisa aka Tinkermom

DVC Member since 05/01

Most Recent Trips:
    12/28/12-1/4/13 OKW to watch our son and his HS marching band on Main Street on NYE!
    7/13/12-7/17/12 Vero Beach & 7/17/12-7/23/12 WLVs

Next up: 5/28-6/12 Vero Beach (Beach Cottage!)/Fort Myers/Treehouse Villas

Post Thanks / Like

Based on food alone...

Narcoossee's.

Best experience was at LTT last year when our kids were DD2 and DS4. Our DD adhored Chip and Dale. Dale kept coming up to her and made a squeeking sound. She would just giggle like crazy!

Was a great meal and lots a fun and memories!
    Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: