Quantcast Epcot 'Back Door' entrance

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Epcot 'Back Door' entrance

You know... the one from Boardwalk & Beach club between UK and France...Is it the maybe called the International Gateway...??

Anyway, what time does it open? The world showcase doesn't open until later in the day (11-ish..?) so how does it work with this entrance? Do they have CMs ushering you through to FW until WS opens?

LOL! Does any of this make a bit of sense..?!!

Thanks in advance...!
    Tom

DLR '76, '81-2x, '85-2x, '01, '03, '04, '05-2x, '07-3x All off-site

DLR '02 PPH
    DLR '07, '13 GCH
    DLR '08, '12 DLH
    DLR '09, '10 GCV
    WDW '82 Royal Plaza
    WDW '98 ASMu
    WDW '06 POR
    WDW '08 POP
    WDW '08, '09, '11 BWV
    WDW '14 OKW, DCL, BLT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I understood what you meant (of course maybe that's becaue I don't make sense most of the time) I can tell you for a fact that it's called the International Gateway.
    I think (and not possitive) that it does not open until 11 when the World showcase opens. But I'm sure someone will be along shortly to verify

Post Thanks / Like

you know how if you have reservations for cinderellas royal table and MK hasnt opened yet you still kinda walk down an empty main street?

one time befor WS opened we walked threw a very empty UK and Canada. we took pictures of us with the emptyness to fool people into thinking we were seriosly there alone. nothings open but u can walk through. at least i definoutly have

i see what you meen, that would be kinda silly for the people at BW and Y&BC to have to wait until WS opens for them to be able to use their shortcut...
    1991 - Fairway Villas, 1993 - Old Key West, 1995 - Yacht Club, 1997 - Fort Wilderness, 2003 - Fort Wilderness, 2004 - Contemporary, 2005 - Caribbean, 2007 - Polynesian, 2012 - Disneyland Paris, 2014 - Beach Club, 2015 - Beach Club
    2016 - Contemporary
    Lisa

Post Thanks / Like

The International Gateway opens at 9am same time as Future World. When you get to England, there is a rope and a cast member preventing you from going toward France into World Showcase. You can walk through England and Canada to get to the paths that lead to Future World. It's really nice and peaceful walking through that little bit of the World Showcase before it is really open. The buildings however are not open.
    Next Trip: 2019-Yacht Club
    Resorts Stayed At Since 1994
    :
    Yacht Club (9 times)
    Beach Club (10 times)
    Animal Kingdom Lodge (1 time)
    Caribbean Beach (3 times)
    Dixie Landings (1 time)
    Contemporary Resort (1 time)

1987 Disney Music Days-Marched in EPCOT!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well there you go, pardon my ignorance, I learn something new everyday!
    I don't know why I thought the Int. Gateway wasn't open until 11 and because I thought that I always avoided it before then (we stayed @ the Swan last year and we took the bus to Epcot first thing in the AM when look at that we could have walked it or taken the friendship after all) Thanks for correcting me

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Best place to buy tickets

The back door entrance to Epcot is also the best place to conduct business at WDW, like purchasing extra tickets, asking questions, whatever. The lines are never as long as they are at the ticket windows at the front of the parks. Avoid morning rush - between 8:30 and 9:30 AM - then you are good to go. Also, get in line before 8:30 AM, then you will wizz right through security and can hurry over and be one of the first for Sorin and Nemo.

Post Thanks / Like

Can you use this entrance even if you are staying off property? If so, is it possible to get there from the Epcot parking lot, as I understand it is no longer possible to park at Epcot resorts if you are not staying there, unless you have meal reservations? Also, what time does the ticket place there open? It seems like a cool way to get into Epcot AND avoid crowds.

Post Thanks / Like

A few things to note:
    1. International Gateway opens when FW entrance opens - this includes EMH in the mornings.

2. The people coming from FW (front entrance) will always beat you to Soarin' - they have a significantly shorter walk, and are permitted into FW (during busy times all the way to Innoventions) to the "rope drop."
    Int'l Gateway members can't even get the rope drop in the UK - it's always on the bridge.

3. It is a much more relaxed entry into the park - there are always people here, but usually less than 100 (at park opening). The countries aren't opened but are serene and beautiful.

4. You won't be allowed to walk any place other than towards FW. They do let you stop, walk liesurely, take pics., etc., but they do direct you towards FW.
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by K8screen View Post
    Can you use this entrance even if you are staying off property?
    Anyone can use the entrance/exit.
    If so, is it possible to get there from the Epcot parking lot, as I understand it is no longer possible to park at Epcot resorts if you are not staying there, unless you have meal reservations?
    You cannot get to the Int'l Gateway from the EPCOT parking lot (other than walking through the park! ). You are not permitted to use Resort Parking in order to get into a park - so you're pretty much out of luck using the Int'l Gateway unless you're staying at one of the EPCOT resorts (at least for AM entrance).
    Also, what time does the ticket place there open?
    Like most of the ticket windows, they open (approximately) 30 minutes before the park opens.
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Can I buy Annual Passes at the back door to EPCOT?
    74-79 poly w/parents
    99' WL - 00' WL- 01' WL - 02' WL - 03' WL
    04' WL - 04' AS Sports - FEB 05' WL - May 05' POR
    Sept 05' POR cancelled/Katrina
    Oct 05' BCV, Mardi Gras 06' WLV
    Labor day 06 SSR, November 06, Dec POR, Aug 07 BCV, Feb 08 WLV
    Easter 08 OKW, Labor Day 08CBR,Nov08 SSR, Next feb09?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes you can buy annual passes, unless something has changed, but my sister bought one there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dteed View Post
    Can I buy Annual Passes at the back door to EPCOT?
    Yup. Just about anything for sale at the front is available in the back. They even have strollers and ECV's.
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Default International Gateway

Yes, it's a bit of a hike to FW but the EMH morning we went they let us in a few minutes before 8am.

Note: there was a small crowd at the entrance itself by 8am.

When we walked through WC there was a young Chinese CM standing at the entrance to the bridge to France saying, "Ni hao" which usually means "hello" but in this case means, "I'm standing here to keep you from crossing this bridge."

If you're not in a hurry it's a very plesant walk and when we were there the coffee cart at Canada was open - Ha! There were more CMs buying their morning wake up than park guests.

The EMH morning we went we walked VERY briskly from the IG to Soarin' (10 minute wait) then crossed to MS - got an FP for just after the main 9am entrance then TestTrack (20 minute wait then back to MS then HoneyISTA then a leisurely walk back through FW and a stop at that coffee stand. We arrived back at BW before 11 am checkout.....

Post Thanks / Like

yuppers its called the international gateway and it opens at whatever time Epcot opens for the day...and you can do pretty much anything you can do at the front of any of the other parks at this entrace!!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: