Quantcast Tidbits June 2007 - Page 6

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

**Updated**

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disdad13 View Post
    Say it ain't so! We are already going to miss SE this trip, and now this? Probably not a big deal for people who live close and can make multiple trips per year, but Disney is a once a year (at best) trip for us. This bites There should be a Disney rule that they can only have one major attraction closed at any given time....
    I agree 100%! We will miss Spaceship Earth, will hopefully be able to catch HM, I'm so sad if this is closed too.
    September 2004: CBR...dodging Hurricanes successfully!
    September 2005: CBR again and again dodging Hurricanes with success!
    September 2006: AKL, our honeymoon, just awesome!
    September 2007: POR, anniversary celebration! was awesome:)
    December 2012: First trip with the 4 year old, yay:)

Harrisonburg, VA--too far from the magic!
    Post Thanks / Like

First of all, thanks for keeping us up-to-date Figment! I always watch for the updates! Now, does anyone know anything more specific about the dates the Mermaid show will be down? It's one of our favorites and I would hate to miss it (especially since I have to miss SE!). Thanks!
    șoș Tiffany șoș

Many trips offsite growing up
    2/08 CBR
    10/09 Pop/POFQ
    12/09-1/10 POR/CR
    10/10 POLY
    12/11 POFQ

Next Up:
    POFQ 10/14 - 11/14

Post Thanks / Like

Space Mountain is going down for 6 months starting January? Say it ain't so! My next trip is during Spring Break '08. Space Mountain is my favorite in the MK!

Oh well, I'll get to enjoy some new stuff instead. (WDW has added a lot since August '06!)

I'm curious, though, are they changing the ride at all? I'm not sure they could do that in 6 months, and, as much as I love WDW Space, I would love to have the DL ride or something similar, too.

I'm fine with keeping it the way it is, but they just need to reduce the light leaks. It's dark on the outside, but when you get closer to the middle and the queue area, you start seeing the track. And I think it's still futuristic the way it is. When's the last time you've been to a space station, flown around in a small rocket, and space travel has been part of everyday?

About Space, they should either make it darker and keep it the way it is, bring over the DL ride, or create something original and amazing.

While I'm still here, I can't wait for the new SSE and a shiny, new HM.
    Always CRAZY 4 DISNEY WORLD!
    VMK Name: CrazyForWDW
    "Some imagination, huh?" -Mickey
    "Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantenganse allejado de las puertas." -WDW Monorail
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day!" -COP

Post Thanks / Like

"A new show attraction is planned to debut in the ABC Theater May 2008."

I miss Doug Live!! I wonder what they are going to put in there now?!?
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by beksy
    ... anything more specific about the dates the Mermaid show will be down?
    It appears that exact dates have not been scheduled yet. As soon as anything concrete is announced or released, you'll be able to find it on INTERCOT via the rehabs section of INTERCOT info Central.
    Figment! aka Jason șoș
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

DisneyNut2005 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by joelkfla View Post
    But I kind of wish they would spend the money on bringing back the "Country Bear Christmas Special" instead.
    Well, this year, you just might get your wish.

You see, the real reason why the CBJ holiday overlay didn't happen last year was because they needed to re-clear certain copyrights for some of the songs used in the show, particularly for "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer", and they couldn't obtain them on time. It was not because of cost or attendance as other sources proclaim.

So, the CBJ Xmas show IS returning this year.

As a matter of fact, the Rudolph song was cut out of "Celebrate the Season" and "Mickey's 'Twas the Night Before Christmas" this past year, due to the same copyright issues that caused the Bears' Xmas show to get cancelled for that year.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Jason! I'm just getting around to reading all of the June updates.
    6/29/07 It is currently rumoured that the Jungle Cruise rehab may be pushed back and replaced time-wise with a Space Mountain rehab. It is currently rumoured that Space Mountain may under-go a 6 month rehab starting January 2008, with a Jungle Cruise rehab to start in June 2008 directly following the Space Mountain rehab completion. At this time, this schedule has not been confirmed by attraction Cast of either attraction or Operations.
    With the amount of time SM was broken down during our recent stay, this certainly wouldn't surprise me - kind of like how they made up their minds to close the HM sooner than expected because they really needed to.
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: