Quantcast Condsidering DVC.... questions.

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

pogo Guest

Question Condsidering DVC.... questions.

I've read just about every thread here and I'm hearing that it may be difficult to book after the seven month mark.

We are considering OKW resale at this time.

We usually like to travel in late April, but would also like to see WDW in early December.

How hard is it to book a studio or a one bedroom ? Any help will be appreciated.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    We usually like to travel in late April, but would also like to see WDW in early December.

How hard is it to book a studio or a one bedroom ? Any help will be appreciated.
    To book a studio or a one BR at your home resort at the 11 month mark will be no problem.

Things become more problematic when booking at the 7 month window - especially at the times you listed. Both December and April are pretty busy times and very popular with DVC.

I would never discourage anyone from the purchase as we love the investment... but if you're only travelling at those times, and you want to use other resorts as well, I'd exercise caution; or I'd purchase DVC at the resort I'd prefer to stay at!
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

I will tell you this...our home resort is SSR, and we usually do not have a problem getting a studio or 1 bedroom at OKW. Although we have not been able to get into BCV, it always seems to be booked.

If your home resort is OKW then you can book 11 months out at OKW, but if you want to got to one of the other resorts then the 7 months out you can book.

Kristine----Mom to David and Kassandra
    Oct 2005 DVC Members SSR
    Jan 2006 SSR
    OKW Oct 31-Nov 6 2006 shhh its a secret
    OKW May 11-15 2007 Me Time
    OKW Sep-Oct 2007 Family X-mas Gift
    DCL Jan 2009 1st cruise (just DH and I)
    Next up Oct-Nov 2009 Land and Sea

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

If you're booking into your home resort, you wouldn't have a problem. If you don't want to stay at OKW most of the time, though, I'd avoid buying there.

You should definitely want to stay where you buy, since it's likely you'll end up there a lot.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Just my experience as a SSR owner--I've been able to book both early December (9th-12th, '07) and April-just yesterday actually-(27th-30th, '08) at the 11 month window with no problem.

The only time we have had to stay at a resort other than our first choice was booking in a 2 month window.

But the advice to consider where you really want to stay and when you are most likely to travel when purchasing is really sound advice.

Good luck with your decision!
    Upcoming Trips:

March '11 Beach Club Villas
    July '11 Disney Institute Seminar-Beach Club
    Aug '11 Wonder to Alaska
    Nov '11 BLT

DVC Member Since 11/06

pogo Guest

Thanks everyone. I will heed your advice and I think we will be joining all of you shortly.

It still looks like OKW for us when the right deal comes along.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: