Quantcast SS versus OKW

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: SS versus OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Default SS versus OKW

Once again, I waited too long to book our vacation and our home resort (BCV) is sold out. The only available (early December, after missing our annual spring trip) are OKW and SS. (I think it's clear the owners of SS and OKW don't really like their home resort as much as they do the others since those are always the last to fill up.)

Anyway, which one is better? We're a family of 6. (And, yes, I'll wait list for the other three.)
    TTFN!

06/97 offsite, 09/00 BW, 01/01 BC, 12/01 Poly, 05/02 YC, 12/02 BC, 06/03 WLV, 10/03 BCV, 05/04 BWV, 10/04 BCV, 04/05 BCV, 12/05 BWV, 05/06 WLV, 12/06 BCV, 11/07 BWV, 08/08 SS, 08/09 BCV, 09/10 BCV, 08/11 BCV, 08/12 BLT, 01/13 SS, 08/13 BLT, 07/14 BCV, 07/16 SS, 06/19 BCV

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally like OKW better. The rooms ar bigger and I like the way it is very laid back and quiet. SSR is my home resort, and while I think that it is OK, I like the kitchen and dining area at OKW is much better.

Kristine----Mom to David and Kassandra
    Oct 2005 DVC Members SSR
    Jan 2006 SSR
    OKW Oct 31-Nov 6 2006 shhh its a secret
    OKW May 11-15 2007 Me Time
    OKW Sep-Oct 2007 Family X-mas Gift
    DCL Jan 2009 1st cruise (just DH and I)
    Next up Oct-Nov 2009 Land and Sea

Post Thanks / Like

If you are in a one bedroom or up I think OKW wins hands down. It is my home resort and I love it! The rooms are massive and you get bigger balconies.

The reason these two resorts are always likely to have more places available is that they are a lot bigger than the other DVC resorts. SSR has a huge number of rooms and OKW is pretty big.
    Mikki
    INTERCOT staff - DVC, Characters, Collectibles and Games

2017 Feb WDW Festival of Art and hopefully winter sunshine
    2017 Aug Disneyland bound

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlpmikki View Post
    If you are in a one bedroom or up I think OKW wins hands down. It is my home resort and I love it! The rooms are massive and you get bigger balconies.
    I agree!

Accomodations at OKW are significantly larger than those at SSR (or any other DVC resort for that matter). SSR is still "growing up" (as we put it) and has to really find its niche. OKW is established and beautiful.
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

OKW and SSR are both great resorts! In fact we will be at both in the next 6 months. Just because it is easier to get rooms there, don't sell either short. Being right next to Downtown Disney is great and SSR's pool is second only to Beach Club and might tie with AKL.
    The rooms are so numerous that it is hard to sell out while the other DVC resorts have much fewer rooms! In fact I think both are pretty near capacity for the fall! SSR had a waiting list for November! I am not sure if the still do, so book soon!!! Plus don't forget all of your fellow DVCers want to visit the same time you are going because points are low and decorations flying high for the holiday season
    Off Property - August, 2002
    Animal Kingdom Lodge - June, 2005
    Wilderness Lodge - August, 2006
    DVC Member at Saratoga Springs- 2007
    Saratoga Springs - June, 2007
    Saratoga Springs - August, 2007

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by CantonMichigan View Post
    I think it's clear the owners of SS and OKW don't really like their home resort as much as they do the others since those are always the last to fill up.
    As mentioned by others, do not mistake the fact that since OKW and SS have availability, that members prefer them less. There are more rooms at these resorts. That being said, if you need to choose between OKW and SS, I'd say OKW for the size of the rooms. If you plan to spend a few evenings at DTD, then SS might be a better location. But make a reservation, stay on the BC wait list, and see what happens. The worst scenario is that you get to spend your time at OKW or SS - not a hardship as they are both very nice, too. Have fun.

Post Thanks / Like

OKW and SSR are bigger, hence it tends to have more vacancy.

Yes, OKW has larger rooms (see your dvc material for room layouts).

SSR is much newer and is closer to DD.

Depends what you want - both are great. l love SSR.

Many, many visits since 1973....

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: