Quantcast Which DVC for a family of 8??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Which DVC for a family of 8??

So my sister and I are taking our families back to Disney. We both have a family of 4. She has a family of 5 but her oldest son will be 20 and pretty much is on his own.

So we are exchanging into a DVC through II so will begetting a 2 bedroom villa. Here are preferences in order.

1) Animal Kingdom Villas
    2) Wilderness Lodge
    3) BoardWalk
    4) Saratoga Springs

The youngest in the group will be turning 5 on this trip. So we need some thing for the kids (16,16, 14 & 5) as well as the adults.

Any advice or suggestions??
    șOș Coleen șOș

Up next:
    Hubby's 40th - Dec. 2014 (POP) 1st Christmas Trip
    Past Disney Trips
    Honeymoon - August 2004 (Radisson) Hurricane Charlie
    Family Vacation - July 2006 (POP)
    Anniversary Vacation - Aug 2007 (CSR)
    Family Vacation - Oct. 2011 Food & Wine Festival!! (POR) FREE DINING!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as room size, they're all the same. (Side note: you'd have significantly more space at OKW as their 2 BR's are enormous - even compared to other DVC 2BR accomodations.)

VWL for theme - great resort.
    BWV for location - EPCOT and MGM are short walks away.

SSR is not my favorite, but it's been a while since I've stayed there - lately reviews have been very favorable here.

Can't speak for the AK villas...yet!
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

I have teenage boys who are 17 and 15. They've both taken friends, and all of them have loved the Beach Club because of Stormalong Bay, and even the quiet pools. The bus service is outstanding and you can't beat the walk to Epcot. But with teenagers, I don't know how you can top the Beach Club.
    30+ trips; DCV owner at Beach Club Villas; 4 Disney cruises; 2 trips to Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I find it interesting that you don't list OKW or BC, which would be our two recommendations. As stated above, OKW will offer the most space, which might be important with 9 of you. BCV offers a lot location-wise, especially with teen-agers, including the pool, easy access to EPCOT/MGM, an easy walk to Fantasia Mini-Golf, and evening entertainment at Boardwalk.

All the locations are terrific, though, so good luck with your decision.

Post Thanks / Like

Just curious if you have already attempted to trade in through II? I have tried for years and own in Hawaii and have had no luck. Many DVC owners do not trade out so it is very difficult to trade in. I wish you all the luck though! Hope you were luckier than I!
    Cast: ME39, DH36, DD 6, DS1
    Oct 04/Oct 05 - offsite at Westgate Vacation Villas
    May 06 - offsite at Westgate
    Aug/Sept 07 - first time on property - POFQ
    Oct 4 - Oct 13 2008 - Westgate Vacation Villas
    Oct 3 - Oct 10 2009 - off site timeshare
    May 1 - May 8 2010-Boardwalk Villas

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Which DVC for a family of 8??

I stayed in a 2 beddroom with a party of 8 (me DH our 4 children and 2 of their friends) this past January. It was really nice ! I highly recommend SSR but must say that OKW has the largest internal space of the DVCs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ThanxForNoticin View Post
    I find it interesting that you don't list OKW or BC, which would be our two recommendations. As stated above, OKW will offer the most space, which might be important with 9 of you. BCV offers a lot location-wise, especially with teen-agers, including the pool, easy access to EPCOT/MGM, an easy walk to Fantasia Mini-Golf, and evening entertainment at Boardwalk.

All the locations are terrific, though, so good luck with your decision.
    I didn't choose BC because we live in the Virgin Islands and we are not very intrested in doing any of the Beach themed resorts. Only the Polynesian and that is Hawaiian.

OKW didn't really jump at me when I looked at it on the site. I will give it another look.

Quote Originally Posted by momofdisneyprincess
    Just curious if you have already attempted to trade in through II? I have tried for years and own in Hawaii and have had no luck. Many DVC owners do not trade out so it is very difficult to trade in. I wish you all the luck though! Hope you were luckier than I!
    This will be my first attempt to exchange with II. So far I have had good responses for my chance especially with the time involved. It won't be for 2 years so I have been told that I have a good chance.

Thanks for all the feed back!
    șOș Coleen șOș

Up next:
    Hubby's 40th - Dec. 2014 (POP) 1st Christmas Trip
    Past Disney Trips
    Honeymoon - August 2004 (Radisson) Hurricane Charlie
    Family Vacation - July 2006 (POP)
    Anniversary Vacation - Aug 2007 (CSR)
    Family Vacation - Oct. 2011 Food & Wine Festival!! (POR) FREE DINING!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

With a party of that size, I'd try for OKW since size definitely matters with your crew!
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Dedivah View Post
    I didn't choose BC because we live in the Virgin Islands and we are not very intrested in doing any of the Beach themed resorts. Only the Polynesian and that is Hawaiian.
    If you get to enjoy the Virgin Islands all the time, I understand perfectly why Beach Club would not be on your list. Good luck with your choice.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: