Quantcast Further definition of "adult subjects"

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

LittleDragonErin Guest

Default Further definition of "adult subjects"

This week's safety corner goes a little more in detail of what they mean by adult subjects:

Adult subjects are not allowed in VMK. An example of an adult subject is playing as a baby/mommy/daddy character. If you need a reminder of what is and isn't acceptable, read over the VMK Values.
    Now if only they'd say something further about "taken" outside of guest rooms and the "animals" thing.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

No one reads that stuff anyways. Way too many people still ask if people are taken. Today I told a pair of kids to use polite language (they said shut up) and that taken is against values. Still hoping for a gold star

It's like a movie. Robber runs by the cop. Cop stands up, says hey, stop. Robber keeps going. Cop sits down. Not much action going on to stop the problem!
    "There are two ways to look at this blank sheet of paper. You can look at it as the last page of a book, or as the greatest opportunity in the world because nobody's put anything on it." -Walt

Dreaming of Imagineering

LittleDragonErin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by varcity View Post
    It's like a movie. Robber runs by the cop. Cop stands up, says hey, stop. Robber keeps going. Cop sits down. Not much action going on to stop the problem!
    I can only speak for Bingo and Red, as they are the only 2 that are on my list that are on, on a daily basis. But Bingo spends so much time talking to those with "taken" in their signatures and closing down "meet" rooms. I visit her every now and then and she's always too busy to chat.

Red, on the other hand, just is zipping through rooms, knocking out those help reports.

I understand the game is free, and their budget is only so big. But honestly, they need more regular staff to help out in the game.

Post Thanks / Like

"Adult subjects are not allowed in VMK. An example of an adult subject is playing as a baby/mommy/daddy character. "

Personally I find this to be ridiculous....I "played" being a mommy and a baby when I was a child. I'm sorry that we are all mature adults here and feel like we're above this sort of thing, but this was started as a kids game and sometimes I think we've taken it over too much. I know that not all these kids are innocent, but there are a lot of kids that are innocent and aren't on vmk to commit any sort of "vmk crime"!......and that's my two-cents!
    Sonja

Spay and neuter your pets!

LittleDragonErin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RenDuran View Post
    "Adult subjects are not allowed in VMK. An example of an adult subject is playing as a baby/mommy/daddy character. "

Personally I find this to be ridiculous....I "played" being a mommy and a baby when I was a child. I'm sorry that we are all mature adults here and feel like we're above this sort of thing, but this was started as a kids game and sometimes I think we've taken it over too much. I know that not all these kids are innocent, but there are a lot of kids that are innocent and aren't on vmk to commit any sort of "vmk crime"!......and that's my two-cents!
    I played as a mommy and baby when I was a child too, but I think the difference is how far some of the players take it in VMK. From personal experience, I've seen more "mature" players playing at mommy/daddy/baby than innocent kids pretending. I only say that because of the manner in which they "play", describing sexual acts and stuff. And I think that's why VMK had to bring out this rule clarification. As is always the case, there are a select number that have to push and bend the rules just to see how far they can go and in the end ruin it for everybody else.

Post Thanks / Like

The bay be thing is not as bad as taken or cursing, really. Basically, a bay be or taken person sees someone else that they barely know and ask to be taken or to be their "mummy/duh duh." It's not as dangerous as taken, since a lot of taken people want to give out personal information when they're taken, but it gets annoying sometimes when someone just pops up and asks to be their mummy.

I think that they should allow rooms where friends can get together, but not allow taken. Sometimes when people want to do rooms for friends but leave it open and end up having taken people in it.
    Inferno. RIP VMK.
    -Happiest Place On Earth

Post Thanks / Like

VMK definitely needs rules and standards to keep things clean and safe. This game is no different than real life. People that play by the rules suffer for the actions of those that don't. And those that don't, could care less that others suffer for their actions. Readingprincess was 6 years old when she started playing VMK. She has played taking care of babies since she was old enough to talk and walk, and there has never been anything sexual about her playing, in real life or VMK. She truly is an innocent kid that I want protected when she is online, but I also want her to be able to have fun.
    VMK Nachocat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RenDuran View Post

I understand what you're saying completely but when you take into consideration that you don't really know who is the other person that is being the "mommy daddy or baby", it's just too scary.
    Last visit to Disneyland : Oct/07
    WDW: Sept/06!!

Dreaming of the next trip...

Post Thanks / Like

As a child, I too played house, otherwise referred to as "mommy/daddy/baby" but I think there is a difference on VMK. [[If this seems like other posts, I apologize.]] This was originally a kid's site, and I think that this behavior is fine, as long as you don't get mature. But the fact is, [most] players who do this are using way to much maturity/adulthood for their own good. Bringing things into VMK that shouldn't even be mentioned. Like "bath" and "changing dipars" to name a few. Plus you don't even know who your mommy/daddy/kid is! [[For players who do this with friends in real life on VMK, I think it's fine as long as you keep it appropriate.]]My biggest problem is "taken". I mean, would you go up to some random guy/girl on the street and ask them out? What I'm curious is about, in the safety corner they said you could get banned for baby, but all the staff say that you don't unless you take it to a bad level. Is it or is it not allowed? As for "animals" I don't think it's bad to dress as an animal, but getting an owner is kind of weird.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaspberryRed View Post
    As for "animals" I don't think it's bad to dress as an animal, but getting an owner is kind of weird.
    The kids dressed as animals always make me laugh! I never "played" animal as a child.... maybe that's my problem!
    Sonja

Spay and neuter your pets!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: