Quantcast Spiderman 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spiderman 3

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spiderman 3

So who's seen it and what do you think?

At work we get free passes to advance screenings of movies all the time. Since I work evenings I never get to go.
    I've been a good boy this week so they let me out of my cage early.

The movie was GREAT!!!!!

I've always been a big fan of the black costume Spidey and the movie version actually looked really good. I was also really happy with how Venom turned out. I was worried he would look cheesy but he rocked. Unfortunately, he wasn't given the screentime he deserved.

keep an eye out for Stan Lee and Bruce Campbell's cameos. Definitely a nice touch.
    "in darkness there is power"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The earliest showing locally is 11am - we'll be there. I already bought the tickets yesterday! I don't like the black costume.
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Saw the midnight screening last night/this morning.

Eh, it was the type of movie that one would expect in that genre, but of the three I though it was by far the weakest.

Some parts of the movie seemed way too dragged out, while other parts seemed way too rushed.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with most of what Figment said. I saw a midnight show as well. Some parts definitely could've been cut, while plotlines I enjoyed more should have been expanded.

Where I disagree is that I had very high expectations. I loved the first 2 movies, 2 especially. I remember leaving that movie theater so pumped up. It was awesome! This one left a bad taste in my mouth though. The ending especially was just kind of... weak.

It was still a good movie. I like Spidey's black suit, and Venom looked like he was pulled straight from the comic books. The Bruce Campbell bit is hysterical as usual. It's just that one the whole, it just wasn't as good as I wanted it to be. I'll probably see it again though. I'll tell you what... That Pirates trailer looked awesome. Our whole audience cheered out loud
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw Spiderman 3 today and I really liked it!
    Jeri Lynn

Fantasy 9/18 Dream 5/16 Fantasy 9/15 Wonder 10/14 Dream BCV ~ 12/09, BC ~9/18, 12/17 10/15 10/12 11/11 10/10 10/08, 11/07, 9/07, 11/06, 9/06, 12/05, 12/04, 9/04, 9/03, 9/02, 9/01, 12/2000, 9/99
    YC 9/16
    AKL 12/05, 9/05, 11/13
    DXL 9/98
    CBR 9/96
    DXL 5/93
    Off-site 1984, 1908

Post Thanks / Like

Definatley a step backwards from Spiderman 2 and more of what one what expect from a comic book made into a movie. I still enjoyed the movie, just not the wow factor like 2. I would recommend it to others.
    '94 & '97 Off Site
    '98, '04 & '07 PO - Riverside
    '00 Polynesian I '01 Contemporary
    '02 Animal Kingdom Lodge I '03 All Star Movies
    '05, '08 & '09 Pop Century I '06 Wilderness Lodge

Next 9/18 PO - French Quarter

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." ~ Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was great although I agree that there were a few loose ends that didn't seem quite tied up. The Stan Lee cameo was cute. It seemed like a good transition from 45 years worth of stories to a movie - easy enough for those who don't know Spider-Man through the years to follow yet enough sticks to the comic book origins to satisfy most Spidey fans. DH is the Spider-Man expert in our house and he loved it - he had nothing bad to say except that it ended.
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I'm not sure if it was the strongest of the 3 movies, but I will say that I thought all the acting was superior. I really can't even single out one actor who seemed weak. Overall, I enjoyed the movie but it wore me out. So many enemies and they just kept coming back and multiplying --lol
    Jen

Always ready to talk Disney
    Grand Floridian**Contemporary**Polynesian**Wilderness Lodge**Yacht Club**Dolphin**Port Orleans French Quarter**All Star Movies**All Star Music**POP Century**Disney Wonder**Disney Magic**Disney Dream**VWL**Old Key West**Animal Kingdom Lodge**Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I saw it and really liked it. I think it's so popular because it has a little bit of everything- comedy, drama, romance, and a whole lot of action. I think some scenes were really random and confusing though, but overall it was fun to watch.
    Chris
    "WDWizard"

Last Trip: Disney's Hollywood Studios/Blizzard Beach June 2008

Next Trip: Not anytime soon. Been there, seen it all, have too many t-shirts.

Post Thanks / Like

My friend really hit the nail on the head when we left the theater. One said to me "It had really great parts like Batman Begins, and really AWFUL moment like Batman and Robin." KIRSTEN DUNST SHOULD NEVER EVER EVER SING AGAIN!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We checked it out last night. I thought all in all it was a good story. Plenty of action and the special effects were pretty awesome. I was sad to see Harry go and the Sandman reminded me a bit of the Mummy movie. I think it was a good movie though. Are there going to be any more?
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

So, who wants to start guessing who the villains for Part 4 will be?
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

The villains in this one are the writers of the screenplay.
    1972 Offsite
    '74 Polynesian ($27/night)
    '78 Quality Inn aka Sheraton Studio City
    '80 Disneyland
    '97 Hilton
    '98, '99 All Star Music
    2000, '01, '02 All Star Movies
    '05 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    '06, '07, '08, '10, '11 Pop Century
    '07 Disneyland Paris (daytrip)
    '11 Dream cruise

Post Thanks / Like

Uh, it's sad that the best part of the movie was the trailer for Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix. Spiderman 3 was a stinker.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

I kind of agree with everyone else. The movie was alright, but not as good as the other two.

According to Yahoo, the movie got $148,000,000 this weekend. Not that bad.
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

I saw it tonight and thought it drag in some places but I liked it. Not as good as the first but a little better than the second.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

I saw it this weekend and really wasn't terribly impressed. The first two were much better. Honestly, I thought some of it was just downright cheesy. Particularly the parts with the "bad" Peter - him strutting around like he was John Travolta with his hair in his eyes (was anyone else reminded of Garth Brooks' alter ego, Chris Gaines?). It was all just very hokey, and not in a funny-hokey way, just flat out hokey. And I guess I'm in the minority but I thought Venom was cheesy, too. Overall I was just not impressed with the villains.

Luckily I didn't actually pay for it so I'm not too upset about the 2+ hours gone from my life.

Not a terrible movie by any means but certainly nothing to rave about either.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    And I guess I'm in the minority but I thought Venom was cheesy, too. .
    Visually, I thought that Venom fully masked was stunning. But I cringed every time that mask withered away to let Topher Grace speak. Extremely unnecessary and just accentuated the fact that the role was miscast. And note- they never even SAID the name "Venom." I just hope that their is a 4th movie because I cannot believe that is the treatment that Venom gets on the big screen. I still wonder why they never developed Dr. Connors... For those unfamiliar with the comics, he becomes Lizard as a result of an experiment gone awry trying to regrow his arm.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    So, who wants to start guessing who the villains for Part 4 will be?
    Dr Connors has had his appearances so I'm hoping he'll become the lizard in the next one.

Also, since the symbiote has already been introduced, that leaves the door open for Carnage! Now that would be a great charcter to see on the screen. The violence factor would be through the roof.
    "in darkness there is power"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula766 View Post
    At work we get free passes to advance screenings of movies all the time. Since I work evenings I never get to go.
    I also received free passes, but as they often are, it was day I couldn't go. I did pay to see it on Friday night with my wife. I went early to buy tickets, and still ended up having to go to another theater to buy tickets that were not for a show starting at 10:30pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethanymouse View Post
    was sad to see Harry go and the Sandman reminded me a bit of the Mummy movie. I think it was a good movie though. Are there going to be any more?
    The Sandman also reminded me of the Mummy movie. According to Sony pictures, yes there will be more films ....

'Spider-Man 3' snares $148 million
    Sony's superhero nabs $375 million worldwide

By IAN MOHR (Variety)

Sony's third pic based on the Marvel superhero character also leapt easily over several other major box office records, including biggest opening day of all time, with $59 million, and biggest worldwide opening weekend, with $375 million.

The exuberance of Sony brass was evident Sunday morning, as they trumpeted the likelihood of not just another sequel but multiple sequels.

"There'll be a fourth and a fifth and sixth and a seventh," Sony Pictures Entertainment co-chair Amy Pascal told Daily Variety. "As many stories as Peter Parker has to tell, we'll do sequels."

Quote Originally Posted by kakn7294 View Post
    I The Stan Lee cameo was cute.
    I liked that too. It was nice seeing him in the film.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    Visually, I thought that Venom fully masked was stunning. But I cringed every time that mask withered away to let Topher Grace speak. Extremely unnecessary and just accentuated the fact that the role was miscast.
    I actually like Topher Grace in the part. I used to watch the 70's show all the time, and went to several filmings of the show. I never thought he was a great actor, but I enjoyed seeing him do something different from his character on the 70's show, and the similar characters he's done in his movies.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: