Quantcast What pins to buy on Ebay?????

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation What pins to buy on Ebay?????

Hi Everyone, I want to start pin trading so I was going to buy some pins on Ebay. But I have heard for many people that some pins sold on Ebay can't be traded in the parks, or they aren't really Disney Pin Trading Pins??? I was wondering if someone could tell how I should know if they are Disney Pins and can be traded??? Any help would be great!!!
    Disney Maniac

My WDW Trips
    2007 Dec. AKL
    2007 May/June AKL
    2006 July WL
    2003 Offsite (!!Never Again!!)

Next Trip....
    2008 July Poly

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi! I've bought two "grab bag lots" of pins, and lots of individual pins from eBay, and have never had a problem. You know to check the seller's feedback, I'm sure. As for the pins themselves, the seller should list them as official Disney pins, you do NOT want Sedesma pins...I think they're knockoffs, and cannot be traded with CMs. The pins need to have "Disney" on the backs. Some say disney pin trading, some have the year, but they ALL say Disney somewhere.

I like to buy from sellers who are located in central Florida...there are a lot! They usually sell groups of pins that they have gotten as trades. So you might get some from WDW, some from DL, DL Paris, etc. But as long as they list them as official Disney pins, you should be good to go. The first lot of pins I ordered were all Paris pins, and we had no problems trading them (the few that DD decided she didn't want to keep, that it! LOL)

Just read the seller's item description carefully, and check out the feedback.

Hope all of that helped you!
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Thanks tinksmom02 that helped me alot!! Do you know of any good seller's on Ebay that I could buy pins from??? Thanks so much!!
    Disney Maniac

My WDW Trips
    2007 Dec. AKL
    2007 May/June AKL
    2006 July WL
    2003 Offsite (!!Never Again!!)

Next Trip....
    2008 July Poly

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to find good traders, go to the Dizpins discussion boards (sale board). This is where the serious pin collectors sell pins to each other. I just bought 20 pins from a trader for $2.25 per pin (free shipping!) and the pins are great. Wonderful selection and all authentic pins, including Hidden Mickey pins (the ones you can only get from Cast Member lanyards).

This is the only place I will buy pins from, and I've done it 4-5 times and always had good results. You can check sellers references through the Dizpin boards too, and most sellers accept Paypal.

Send me a Private Message if you need help!
    TikiG
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinksmom02 View Post
    As for the pins themselves, the seller should list them as official Disney pins, you do NOT want Sedesma pins...I think they're knockoffs, and cannot be traded with CMs. The pins need to have "Disney" on the backs.

I wish I had read this first. I bought some of these pins on ebay thinking we could trade them. They are real cute though

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

Stephanie,

Sedesma pins are tradeable. Some CMs will not take them but they are supposed to. I think the rule is the pin must be metal, have a Disney likeness on the front, and have the Disney copyright on the back.

HTH!
    TikiG
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TikiGoddess View Post
    Stephanie,

Sedesma pins are tradeable. Some CMs will not take them but they are supposed to. I think the rule is the pin must be metal, have a Disney likeness on the front, and have the Disney copyright on the back.

HTH!
    TikiG
    Thanks for the info. They are really cute, they just seem smaller than usual. Nicely made though. If I can't trade any I still like them. The little size makes them cuter

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: