Quantcast Tidbits May 2007 - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Figment! View Post
    Kwaheli, Researcher

5/14/07 In addition to seating expansions, it appears that Kilimanjaro Safari will be receiving some storyline changes as well. Attraction Cast have reported, that as of June 1, 2007, the attraction will debut a new ride audio devoid of Wildlife Researcher Miss Cathrine Jobson . Additionally, it is also reported that the finale scene of catching the poachers will be replaced by a new scene. Although details of the new script and finale scene have yet to be made clear, it is reported that several of the ride vehicles are currently being used to preview the new audio track.

YAY!!!
    I never did like this story line. Thought it was way too "preachy" and took away from the beauty of the "preserve" and the attraction's animals. I welcome the change.

Now, if only they would change the script/story for Kali River Rapids!
    Everybody else is thinking it, I'm just saying it. - Mr Gibbs
    ---
    2/00-OKW/BW
    9/00-YC
    7/01-BW
    12/01-Doubletree Suites (DTD)
    4/02-WL
    4/03-BW
    2/04-Mariott Horizons
    7/04-POP
    2/06-POP
    9/06-POP
    9/07-POP
    6/08-Dolphin/POP
    10/09-POP
    10/10-POP
    3/10-CSR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update! Interesting news about the Safari changing its storyline. I always enjoyed it on all of my trips, although as the years have gone on, the storyline hasn't been stressed by the drivers I've had as much, and of course the CM by Little Red hasn't been there for quite a while, so maybe it's time for a change. I hope they keep the environmental/save wildlife message; I'm sure they will.

Jeff
    Disney Vacation Club Member

The Beach Club
    Remember the Magic!

Post Thanks / Like

I am not too sure I understand the new Test Pass. In the past, I have used my FP anytime after the start time, as long as it is the same day. Will that still be the case, or will there actually be an end time to the FP?

Thanks
    Last edited by JoRy; 05-16-2007 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Quote was not right
    1979, 1992, Mar 2000, July '02, March '03 - Contemporary; 1984 - Off Property; 1990, July 2006, Jan 2007 - Dolphin; 1998 - Old Key West; Oct. 1999, Jun 2007, Jan 2008 - Boardwalk Villas; March 2003 - CBR; July 2004 - WL
    July 2004, Jan 2006 - Swan; Nov 2006 - Disney Wonder Cruise;

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JoRy View Post
    I am not too sure I understand the new Test Pass. In the past, I have used my FP anytime after the start time, as long as it is the same day. Will that still be the case, or will there actually be an end time to the FP?

Thanks
    There has always been and end time to fast passes - there is a one hour window when they can be used.

I am SO GLAD to hear that they are changing Kilimanjaro's story line - I have never liked the big red/little red story line. And yes, the CM's over the years have been less enthused about the storyline on the safari. Looking forward to the change!
    Lea-Ann
    The Creative Mind that Never Rests . . .

Dreaming of Disney.......
    Last Trip - Dec 14-21, 2012 AKL!!! Next Trip - TBA!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flower View Post
    There has always been and end time to fast passes - there is a one hour window when they can be used.

I am SO GLAD to hear that they are changing Kilimanjaro's story line - I have never liked the big red/little red story line. And yes, the CM's over the years have been less enthused about the storyline on the safari. Looking forward to the change!
    Although there is an end time on the FP, the CM's have always told me they accept the FP as long as it is after the starting time and on the same day as it is issued. I was asking this question for CM's to let us know if this is going to change. I know there is an end time on there, but it is not enforced.
    1979, 1992, Mar 2000, July '02, March '03 - Contemporary; 1984 - Off Property; 1990, July 2006, Jan 2007 - Dolphin; 1998 - Old Key West; Oct. 1999, Jun 2007, Jan 2008 - Boardwalk Villas; March 2003 - CBR; July 2004 - WL
    July 2004, Jan 2006 - Swan; Nov 2006 - Disney Wonder Cruise;

Post Thanks / Like

We were just at AK last week and experienced the new story line on the safari. Miss Jobson is still speaking on the video they show in the queue, but she is not a part of the actual ride audio. I liked the new story line and the driver we had was great! I've been on the safari many times but he mentioned a few facts that I hadn't heard before (of course I can't remember them now ). The poacher aspect is still in the story, but not quite as prevalent as before. I felt like the driver concentrated more on spotting animals and giving you facts about them. All in all a big with me!

Also, one of the loading docks for the safari ride vehicles was still being refurbished so they were only loading from one side. I didn't notice if the truck we were in had more seats than usual or not! I guess I'm not very observant!
    Wendy

"Everybody wants to be a cat. Because a cat's the only cat who knows where it's at."

Upcoming trips:
    August 2018: Honeymoon trip for DD and her new husband
    September 2018: Food and Wine trip
    March 2019: Disneyland Food and Wine trip?

Post Thanks / Like

Big fan of the Daily Buzz - watch it every morning. I was hoping that there would be more of an MGM presence on the show but it looks just like the set they regularly use.

Mitch has been to EPCOT once already so hopefully they will be broadcasting more from around the park while they are there.

The Daily Buzz is really a show already and now (be it temporarily) broadcasting from WDW. What a job!
    "Believe me, it's the most exciting and challenging assignment we have ever tackled at Walt Disney Productions."
    Walt Disney speaking on the future Disney World

Post Thanks / Like

Default RIP old Contemporary game room

I had hoped to show my kids the room that got me so excited when I was on my first trip at 14 years old. Guess I waited too long....

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

**Updated**

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

**Updated**

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jason, this all sounds so awesome!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Jason!

I'll be very curious to see if they displace the Star Wars Weekends meet 'n greets due to the construction on Midway Mania.
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: