Quantcast Anyone else having hard time getting ressies?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone else having hard time getting ressies?

We have been booked for SSR for the week of Thanksgiving for a few months. Today was the 7 month mark. Called to switch to VWL or BWV for a studio or 1 bed, and could not get a thing! Also, have been on waitlist for HH for several blocks of dates from start of Jun to end of July, and can't even get 2 nights in a row avail!! I am so frustrated!! Anyone else experiencing these kind of issues? We bought last year and had no problem booking trips to VWL in July and HH in July last year. Did I just get lucky last year to get what I wanted 5-6 months out?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    lockedoutlogic Guest

Two problems:

1. holiday weeks are always packed....including thanksgiving. So that is one of the reasons why it is unlikely you will be able to switch. You're probably thinking "wow....the kids won't have to miss any...or as much...school"....
    ...So is everyone else.

2. Wilderness Lodge and Beach Club are the smallest DVC sites as far as units...so there is literally the least to go around there.....WL would be a longshot around the holidays.

That being said...I would try the waitlist...you can call DVC and request to be on it. It has a fairly good success rate.....
    ...but plan on Saratoga...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goingbacktodisney View Post
    Anyone else experiencing these kind of issues?
    Not quite to the extreme that you're experiencing, but I've got to say that the larger DVC grows, the less reliable the waitlist has been...

Post Thanks / Like

It will be tough to get filled for holiday weeks off the wait list. We were wait listed for BCV for one day - they just called end of last week to fill that slot. We still are wait listed for the last 2 days of our trip hopefully they get filled. This is for our trip in OCT right after the Columbus holiday. Took about 1 month for the one day to fill. Like previous post said with BCV and VWL, they are the smallest DVC resorts and unless you own there - the best thing to do is book right at 7 month window and go waitlist
    Bazz
    81 - Offsite, 97,98 - Dixie Landings
    99 - BWV - DVC Member
    00 - BWV/DCL-Wonder
    01 - BWV,OKW, 02, 03 - OKW
    04 - OKW, SSR
    05 - SSR - May, OKW-Aug, BCV-OCT
    06 - SSR - May, SSR - Aug, VWL-OCT
    07 - SSR - Jan, OKW - Jul, SSR,BCV -Oct
    08 - SSR - May, SSR - Jul, SSR - Sep

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I have had such problems getting in and have tried many different months and resorts. ...and have had no luck in getting anything where we can stay in one resort for the full length of stay....it was 3 days here, then move to another resort for the rest of the vacation. We've "been there-done that" and won't do it again. I just broke it to DH that we're looking at going next year-at least I will have all those points to use!
    10/91-Honeymoon YC Concierge
    6/92, 5/93, 9/95, 9/99-YC
    9/00-BWI,YC
    6/01-AKL,YC
    9/02-BCV,YC
    5/03-BCV
    8/03-WLV,BWV
    1/04-HH,BWV,OKW
    6/04, 5/05-BWV
    8/05, 11/07-SSR
    2/09-BCV
    11/09-BCV
    5/11-AKL
    4/12-OKW

lockedoutlogic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMousse View Post
    Oh, I have had such problems getting in and have tried many different months and resorts. ...and have had no luck in getting anything where we can stay in one resort for the full length of stay....it was 3 days here, then move to another resort for the rest of the vacation. We've "been there-done that" and won't do it again. I just broke it to DH that we're looking at going next year-at least I will have all those points to use!

Two questions:

How long is the stay you're lookling for?

What time of year are you going?

Post Thanks / Like

Nov 18-Nov 23 (Sun - Thurs), however, Thurs is Thanksgiving day.

Post Thanks / Like

We just bought DVC and so far have had no troubles. Booked a 1bed at VWL for 3 nights in May with 6 weeks notice. Booked a 1bed at BCV and a 2bed at BWV w/ 5 months notice, one for 4 nights and the other for 6.

Neither are high season. Booking Christmas, T-giving, Easter, are all likely to need the 11 month window.

Just my experience.
    Kat
    DVC Member, home resort BWV
    1985, 1991, 1993 Off-site
    September 2006 Coronado Springs
    October 2006 POFQ/CSR
    January 2007 CBR/OKW
    May 2007 CSR/VWL
    Sept 2007 CSR/BCV/BWV

Post Thanks / Like

We are currently having difficulty booking our November 26 through December 2 trip.

We called first thing in the morning of the 11 month window for our home resort (BWV) and there was no availability. We are currently in the 7 month window and have to call each day to book since it's not yet 7 months from the departure date. We've already been told that we most likely will not be able to book anything for the entire trip.

We're already on the wait list at BWV and really wanted to wait list a booking for the duration of the entire trip somewhere else, but according to what others have posted at another post I currently have, this won't be possible because we only have points for this year. Can't borrow because we have been borrowing for a couple of years now and are ahead of ourselves.

We've had difficulty in the past, but not to this degree. I really thought since this was after Thanksgiving and before Xmas that we would not have had a problem with our home resort. Now there's a chance we might not even get more than 3 or 4 nights using our DVC points and even those might not be at the same resort. I'm beginning to think we were lucky for a few years too - now, not so much!
    DVC Member Since 2000
    1998 - Offsite (Our Honeymoon!)
    1999 - Offsite
    2000 - GF & BWV
    2001 - BWV & OKW
    2002 - OKW
    2003 - OKW
    2004 - OKW
    2005 - OKW & Gaylord Palms
    2006 - OKW & Omni Champions Gate
    Most Recent Magic! - November/December 2007 - OKW & AKL

Post Thanks / Like

.....We called first thing in the morning of the 11 month window for our home resort (BWV) and there was no availability....(snip)...
    I'm having trouble believing this - BWV never fills up that fast.

You must have been calling for either a standard view or a guaranteed Boardwalk view. Those two categories (which each make up slightly less than 20% of the total BWV units available) do fill up quickly. Most call day by day as soon as MS opens to be sure of getting into those views.

However, there should have been availability for Preferred View - Pool/Garden. There weren't other reports of problems getting that week at the BWV until just recently.

Sorry you are having trouble finding accomodations - hope your waitlist comes through very soon..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CarolMN View Post
    However, there should have been availability for Preferred View - Pool/Garden. There weren't other reports of problems getting that week at the BWV until just recently.
    Unfortunately, we don't have enough points for a preferred view for our length of stay or we would have chosen that if it was available.

If we had known there would be nothing available at the 11 month mark, we would have called day by day starting before the 11 months. At least we will know for next year I guess.

Fingers crossed that something comes through
    DVC Member Since 2000
    1998 - Offsite (Our Honeymoon!)
    1999 - Offsite
    2000 - GF & BWV
    2001 - BWV & OKW
    2002 - OKW
    2003 - OKW
    2004 - OKW
    2005 - OKW & Gaylord Palms
    2006 - OKW & Omni Champions Gate
    Most Recent Magic! - November/December 2007 - OKW & AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my goodness....I am scared to death now.

I am planning on going Dec. 4 - Dec. 14. May 4th is when I have been told to 'start calling day-by-day'.....and I plan on doing that (since SSR is my home resort and my only other option is to call at the 7mo. mark if I want somewhere else).

But hearing all these stories has gotten me worried.

1. What if they don't have it - do I ask to get put on the waiting list and cancel my existing SSR ressie for the day?....or keep it also...just in case.
    2. Should I even bother with this since people don't seem to be getting what they want.
    3. One of the reasons why I joined DVC was to experience other resorts....it sounds as if that isn't a 'perk' hardly.....
    WDW is my happy place

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carolee View Post
    Oh my goodness....I am scared to death now.

I am planning on going Dec. 4 - Dec. 14. May 4th is when I have been told to 'start calling day-by-day'.....and I plan on doing that (since SSR is my home resort and my only other option is to call at the 7mo. mark if I want somewhere else).
    The day to begin calling is 7 months prior to the check out date. So if you are checking in on December 4, you would call on May 5 - because the check out date for your first night would be 12/5. Remember that MS is open on Saturdays now, so your first call will be this Saturday.

But hearing all these stories has gotten me worried.
    1. What if they don't have it - do I ask to get put on the waiting list and cancel my existing SSR ressie for the day?....or keep it also...just in case.
    If you have enough points to keep the SSR reservation while you try to get in somewhere else, keep it! That way, using the waitlist won't be so stressful - if you don't get all of your days, you can always stay at your home resort. If you don't have enough points, then you have to decide if you are willing to take the chance of having to move back and forth.
    2. Should I even bother with this since people don't seem to be getting what they want.
    Well, that's up to you. For sure you won't get anything else if you don't try. Be prepared to waitlist and also to be on hold - there will be many members trying to change their reservations to VWL, BCV & BWV at the 7 month mark.
    3. One of the reasons why I joined DVC was to experience other resorts....it sounds as if that isn't a 'perk' hardly.....
    Unfortunately, the first week of December is extremely popular with DVC members. Many members have bought add on contracts for the smaller resorts to be able to book at 11 months for those resorts and they are using it. I know there are already wait lists at the 3 smaller DVC resorts for at least some of the days between 12/4 & 12/14.

My advice is to save yourself the aggravation and try one of the other resorts on another trip. Other times of the year are much easier to book at 7 months than December.

That said, it doesn't hurt to try - it's up to you!

Post Thanks / Like

We have never had a problem getting a resservtion in the 11 mo window. The only time we have had trouble at all was trying to go during spring break and calling only three weeks in advance.
    Faith, Family, Fidelity, Fun

'88 - Honeymoon
    '02 - ASmovie
    '03 - VWL
    '04 - HHI
    '05 - DCL, BCV
    '06 - HHI
    '07 - POR, VWL, POP/BWV
    '09 - BWV, BCV/SSR
    '10 - BWV
    '12 - AKV/BCV, VWL
    '13 - AKV
    '15 - BCV, AKV
    '16 - AKV
    '18 - VWL
    '19 - OKW, THV, GF
    '20 - BWV
    '21 - AKL/OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
    Two questions:

How long is the stay you're lookling for?

What time of year are you going?
    We wanted to stay 10 days. For that time, I could get in, but had to break up my stay between 2 resorts.

October and November. The Food Festival seems to have taken alot in ressies.

With all the points that I am saving, looks like we'll be heading back in 6/08 for 2 weeks!
    10/91-Honeymoon YC Concierge
    6/92, 5/93, 9/95, 9/99-YC
    9/00-BWI,YC
    6/01-AKL,YC
    9/02-BCV,YC
    5/03-BCV
    8/03-WLV,BWV
    1/04-HH,BWV,OKW
    6/04, 5/05-BWV
    8/05, 11/07-SSR
    2/09-BCV
    11/09-BCV
    5/11-AKL
    4/12-OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wait lists????

Has any one had troule booking trips to one of the other "550" resorts disney offers around the world? We just signed up and went directly to book in Key West or Aruba with no luck, only option was a wait list that could become available as little as 8 days ahead of time. As a teacher I have limited vacation times and don't see how this DVC will be accessable. I feel like I'll be loosing my points every year unless I choose to stay at Disney. I like Disney and all, but not EVERY year!
    Please share experiences with wait lists at other resorts. Thanks!

Jacksboro, Texas (Northwest of Dallas Fort Worth)
    Post Thanks / Like

I took a long shot and requested a one bedroom at SSR for Dec 20-26..using DVC member website...the reply was there are NO
    rooms available at ANY.. DCV resort for dates requested..) I expected that response since its almost August now..So what the heck..i call MS..gave all my info..and the dates and all...and poof...within 15 min i have exactly what i wanted........How did that happen ??...oh well guess someone cancelled or switched just about the same time i called..
    Who knows..but it gets better...i called to see if by chance we could get any dinner ressies..yea right...i doubt it...SURPRISE AGAIN...got every one we wanted...

guess its timing or dumb luck..sorry your having so much trouble ..hang in there and call back often...
    First trip 1981

Married at Disney's wedding pavillion 12-22-04
    DVC owners @ SSR Dec 2005
    OKW-DEC-2004-Wedding
    VERO BEACH-DEC-2004-(honeymoon)
    ASM-DEC-2005
    SSR-OCT-2006
    SSR-DEC-2007
    AKV owners Jul 08
    SSR Dec 08
    SSR June 09
    New Baby Boy arrived Aug 3 2009 !! (our first)

lockedoutlogic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by disneycouple2004 View Post
    I took a long shot and requested a one bedroom at SSR for Dec 20-26..using DVC member website...the reply was there are NO
    rooms available at ANY.. DCV resort for dates requested..) I expected that response since its almost August now..So what the heck..i call MS..gave all my info..and the dates and all...and poof...within 15 min i have exactly what i wanted........How did that happen ??...oh well guess someone cancelled or switched just about the same time i called..
    Who knows..but it gets better...i called to see if by chance we could get any dinner ressies..yea right...i doubt it...SURPRISE AGAIN...got every one we wanted...

guess its timing or dumb luck..sorry your having so much trouble ..hang in there and call back often...
    you'll get saratoga on a waitlist or a cancellation.....

what you won't get is beach club, boardwalk, wilderness lodge, and soon contemporary.....

you will most likely not get old key west or animal kingdom as it currently stands either.....

you may have a shot at animal kingdom once the new facility opens....

Post Thanks / Like

I tried to book any DVC for a week in the last couple of weeks in Oct or early Nov and got nothing. I know that 4 months is short notice, but I thought with kids in school I would not have an issue. I am guessing F&W Festival is having a big impact on DVC. Although all of the Epcot resorts had avalability. I am saving the points and staying at POFQ, while hoping for decent AP rate.
    DVC - BCV
    Last Trip: 09.15
    Next Trip: 05.16

Post Thanks / Like

Just a quick observation/question: I've seen throughout this thread about people calling every day - is that to get a reservation at home or try to see if another resort is open? I thought you could just call 11 months in advance of your check-in day now and get 7 nights worth of your stay in one call - if staying for more then you'd have to call 11 months in advacen of the next 7 days.

Also, I made a reservation for next June staying at AKV Concierge, but am thinking about trying for BCV. Any thoughts? i.e. Don't give up Concierege or I probably won't get BCV?
    5/04 - Caribbean Beach
    5/05 - Caribbean Beach
    11/06 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Honeymoon)
    6/07 - Caribbean Beach
    10/08 - SSR (for DS's 1st B-day)

DVC Owners @ AKV as of 4/08
    Next Trip: 6/09 - SWW!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: