Quantcast Re-Imagining of Spaceship Earth - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    From what I understand the only part of the ride that is changing is the end. The original history of communications will stay intact.
    That's what I hope also, but the release above said " Enhancements to the time-travel attraction will encompass changes to each of the ride scenes."
    I guess it's a wait and see.
    Rob Hinkle
    28 Visits to the Magical Vacation Kingdom of Disney World and counting!

Next Trips -
    December 2010 - WDW - Contemporary
    January 2011 - WDW - Beach Club Resort

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    omTo spread a little hope, I know I read on other sites a while back that the orginal goal was to close the ride in early June and then open it up just in time for the 25th in October. So there is two probable reasons they moved the date back to November: they realized they needed more time, or they decided to keep the ride up until July (my guess till the 4th if the rumor is true.) Heres hoping its the later option.

Also with the inside being spruced up and saying that that will be finished in late Nov but yet the ride will still be undergoing rehab until spring 2008, what else could it be: lets see they are allready working on the post show which will be finshed by the time the main ride closes, and we have the main ride done in Nov, so that leaves what, the outside? Could "beloved" wand be finally coming down??? Lets hope so
    me too i can't wait to see it the new spaceship Earth in November 2008.
    JEANY SANCHEZ
    January 2022 Polynesian Village Resort

Post Thanks / Like

The original post says: Enhancements to the time-travel attraction will encompass changes to each of the ride scenes. New show scenes will be added to the attraction's story along with new lighting effects, costumes, set decoration, narration and musical score.

So it seems to be a general refurb: I'm thinking new paintjobs, costumes (or, at least, a cleaning of the old ones,) and most significantly changes to the goofiness at the end of the ride (definately saying "bye bye" to video phones and that bizarre virtual reality class trip to Mars.) It also seems like a new narration and music is on its way as well.

So while the ride is staying basically the same, it's certainly going to be an updated version. We can't really complain though, communications HAVE changed in the last 15 years after all.
    Walt Disney World:
    93, PO FQ
    94-95, Caribbean
    96, Off Site
    99, Coronado
    00, Caribbean
    03, Poly & Wilderness Lodge
    04, Pop Cent
    06, Contemp
    07, Beach Club
    07, Pop Cent
    09, Pop Cent
    10, Off Site
    11, PO FQ
    12, Coronado
    13, Off Site
    14, PO FQ
    16, PO RS

Only 1110.89 miles...

Post Thanks / Like

It seems like everything until the View of Earth will stay the same, everything after that will be changed, as well as ride vehicles.

I have mixed emotions. While I think the technology part at the end needs fixed.. because, really, we're at that point, tech wise. On the other hand.. I love it as it is.

Its sad that it will be down while I'm there, but I guess I'll just hafta come back sooner than I thought!
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

While I'm sad that it will be closed while I'm there (it sounds like a reason to start thinking of another trip though...), I'm happy it's getting a spruce! I was just on SE in March, and it is starting to look pretty dated. As long as they don't monkey with it too much, I'll be very happy!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

mttafire Guest

Default Cool!!

Looking forward to see the change. Disney gets kudos for all the upgrades lately!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Thanks for the update Jason!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Red Randal View Post
    Also, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the awesome call-back to HORIZONS with the interactive ending.
    That came to my mind almost immediately when I read that part.

I'm in favor of an update (as long as the changes don't detract from the classic feel and quality of the attraction) even though DW and me will miss it on our September trip. Enhancement to the current show scenes, the addition of new scenes at the end, and the aforementioned interactive endings sound promising. This is a good sign that SSE will continue to exist for many years to come.
    I'm a dad! My daughter, Eisley, was born on December 17, 2010.

Regular WDW visitor since 1981

Post Thanks / Like

Can they pull down the wand while they're at it?
    Geaux Tigers!

Last Trip: Honeymoon at DL and So. Cal. CityPass 5/27 - 6/2/2007

Next trip: WDW 9/6-12/2009 @ Pop for DD's 4th birthday!

Follow the trip on Twitter: scottinwdw.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if our fearless leader, the great and all-powerful Johnny Y can pull some strings and get them to open it up for us for the Intercot bash in October.
    Alex

4/1976 - offsite,4/1983 - offsite,5/1999 - CaribBeach,5/2000 - CaribBeach,
    11/2001 - Coronado,7/2003 - AKL, 8/2004 - POFQ, 8/2005 - Poly, 8/2006 - Grand Flo,10/2007 - POFQ, 8/2008 - Wilderness Lodge, 8/2009 - POR, 8/2010 - CaribBeach, 8/2011 - Coronado, 8/2012 -Coronado, 8/2014 - Coronado

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Red Randal View Post
    Also, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the awesome call-back to HORIZONS with the interactive ending.
    That's what I thought when I read it too, sounds a little like the end of Horizons. I'm glad we're going in May to see it one last time before it changes. Well, I'm sure we'll ride it more than once...
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I must say that I'm looking forward to the changes, especially since this guarantees that they won't completely gut the ride anytime soon. On the other hand, now my favorite ride in all of WDW will be closed when we go in September...
    Mike

Trips: 1983,1986,1988,1991 - Off-site
    Jan 2001 - WL
    Nov 2004 - WL

Sep 2005 - AKL
    Sep 2007 - Poly
    May 2009 - CBR
    May 2010 - Poly
    Oct 2010 - Pop
    May 2012 - BC
    Next trip May 2014 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

Im looking forward to the new content at SE, but I agree that I hope they dont change too much.

The one thing that I really wish they would do with that ride that I know would be too expensive is to fix the track so that the ride would be more smooth. I feel less bumps and jerks on the "L" in Chicago!

And why does everyone hate the wand? I love it! I think it makes Epcot that much more "Disney".
    Everybodys got a laughin place!

Post Thanks / Like

Erm... kinda cool, I guess. But why do they have to change the musical score at the end?

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say that i am just glad that they are keeping this a "ride slowly through scenes" type of ride. There are not too many left in WDW. I am also excited to see how they change and add scenes. Hopefully they will be able to fix the track as well.
    Aubree

Disney Trips:

01/10 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    02/05 - Port Orleans - Riverside
    03/01- Polynesian
    11/97 - Polynesian
    11/91 - Off-site

Post Thanks / Like

Any word on who will provide the "new" narration?
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

I've always loved Spaceship Earth since my first visit. From what I've read the changes all seem positive, and won't change what I love about this attraction. I'm also happy to hear about the interactive part like Horizons. I know selecting the ending of Horizons was always one of my favorite things, as I know it was with others as well. I'm glad they decided to bring that to Spaceship Earth. It will also be nice to have some nice exhibits at the end of the attraction again. I'm looking forward to see it all when it's done.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

It's always wonderful to see already great things, improve. I think the only thing that I would be very downhearted about is the loss of the current musical score and narration. If the improved versions of the narration are done by Jeremy Irons and the musical score is redone using the same music in one way or another, then that would be great!

Like was already stated, the music, especially on the lighted descent, is absolutely empowering. I am a VERY firm believer that music is a very crucial aspect of memories and emotions and with fantastic classic rides like SE that so many people grew up with, it is no exception. Here's to hoping that Disney can incorporate those things that are nostalgic to many of us, with new and exciting updates.
    Born and raised in Kissimmee Florida!
    2010--Coronado Springs [April 18-24]
    2008--Coronado Springs [Jan 25-Feb 2]
    2005--Pop Century [May 1-8]
    2003--offsite: Got engaged in Mexico at Epcot!
    2002--offsite
    2001-1981--too many times to remember!

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

okay, now I'm ticked. my best friend has never left the state of CT before, and when we graduate we're going to disney. In july. when spaceship earth will be closed. ggrrrrrrrrr........ thats my favorite attraction! I even have the entire narration on my mp3 player i can't believe it's going to be closed!!!! I feel like screaming... I won't cuz I'm in the library... but i still want to scream at the top of my lungs. What happened to doing renovations in the off-season???
    <3 Robin

Prince Charming: It's offical. I've lost my mind. First I'm hijacked by bluebirds and now I'm talking to ...imaginary mice.

King: I do trust you son.... It's the talking mice I'm worried about...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: