Quantcast Timeframe for non DVC'er booking DVC

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Timeframe for non DVC'er booking DVC

Hey guys --- I am serioulsy leaning toward going with a 2 bedroom villa for my extended family's next trip to the World. I know there are pretty specific time windows for when members can book their home resort, and then when other DVC'ers can book....but when can those of us who haven't talked our spouses into buying into DVC book??? As in, how far in advance. Obviously, DVC members should, and I am sure do, get first pick. When can I swoop in for the leftovers?
    Jen

Always ready to talk Disney
    Grand Floridian**Contemporary**Polynesian**Wilderness Lodge**Yacht Club**Dolphin**Port Orleans French Quarter**All Star Movies**All Star Music**POP Century**Disney Wonder**Disney Magic**Disney Dream**VWL**Old Key West**Animal Kingdom Lodge**Bay Lake Tower

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you want to book DVC accomodations for cash by calling CRO/WDWTC. There really isn't any "set time" that CRO gets DVC rooms, but no need to even start looking until 11 months prior to arrival.

Disney/DVC does retain a small percentage of the rooms in each DVC resort. If those aren't needed for other purposes (i.e., for rehab, maintenance, etc.), they are often rented for cash. If DVC members use points to stay at one of the non-DVC resorts or to cruise on the DCL, DVC sends the equivalent number of rooms to CRO. There's really no way to predict when that will happen (at least none that I know of) or what dates and villas will be made available for cash reservations. That said, there is usually more availability when you get closer to the dates

Bottom Line: You just have to keep calling periodically and hope to get lucky. In my experience, availability for the larger villas and more popular dates is limited (i.e., seldom discounted).

Good luck - you will love the 2 bedrooms!

P.S. You might look into renting a reservation from a DVC member. It is more risky than renting directly from Disney, but in exchange you can get your first choice of the dates & unit size & resort (if you plan ahead) and a good discount (maybe as much as 40% or even more). If you go this route and want popular dates, start looking for a DVC member willing to rent as early as 12 months ahead. That way, the member will be able to reserve what you want as soon as the 11 month window opens.

Post Thanks / Like

I would try renting points from a member. To give you an example, a 2-bed villa at BCV during value season is $670/night. Regular is $880/night.

In point value, Sun-Thurs, the same 2-bed villa is 30 pts/night in value, 32 in "choice" (regular). You can usually rent at $10-12/pt.

Another thought, if you want to convince your spouse... You can take the $4400 and it will pay for 1/3 of your buy-in for the 160 points that you would need to book regular season. Or you could buy an 80 pt resale at $85/pt, bank/borrow the points and go every other year, and it would only cost an extra $1200 buy-in + $400/yr in maintenance.
    Kat
    DVC Member, home resort BWV
    1985, 1991, 1993 Off-site
    September 2006 Coronado Springs
    October 2006 POFQ/CSR
    January 2007 CBR/OKW
    May 2007 CSR/VWL
    Sept 2007 CSR/BCV/BWV

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyKat View Post
    Another thought, if you want to convince your spouse... You can take the $4400 and it will pay for 1/3 of your buy-in for the 160 points that you would need to book regular season. Or you could buy an 80 pt resale at $85/pt, bank/borrow the points and go every other year, and it would only cost an extra $1200 buy-in + $400/yr in maintenance.
    Wow! This is exactly what I was thinking!!! I have a buddy who spent a week at the GF (President's Week). He was so jealous of my family as he and his dropped about $7000 for the week! He could have had 50% of the min. DVC payment for that!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: