Quantcast Who's a Disney Visa Card holder?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Who's a Disney Visa Card holder?

I'm excited that I just became a Disney Visa Card holder- and just got my card with info in the mail yesterday. I noticed that the enclosed info read that I can get discounts on things like stroller rentals at DL, as well discounts on merchandise at DL & WDW, etc.

Are you a Disney Visa card holder? Can you tell me what perks you've used and how you like it?

PS. I'm sticking this under Mousecellaneous... I hope this is where it goes.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been a cardmember for years and love it. I put everything on it and the reward dollars build up so fast. Keep up with the chase website too because that is where they post the discounts. Also, anytime you call Disney for anything always mention you are a Disney Visa holder. Sometimes there are deals going on you don't know about.

Post Thanks / Like

Well...Lets just say i bought 3, 6 day hopper passes and it didn't cost me a penny! ( i didn't even pay a panny of finance charges either!)

Post Thanks / Like

We are Disney Visa holders. We have the one with the pixie dust
    Amanda, Mom of 4

ASMo Mar 2005
    Pop Sep 2006, Jan 2014, Jan 2016
    SSR Dec 2006
    Disney Magic Jan 2008, Mar 2009, Apr 2011
    OKW Jan 2009, June 2012, December 2017
    POFQ Jan 2012
    VWL Oct 2012
    AKV Jan 2013, June 2013, Aug 2015
    AOA July 2014
    All Star Sports Jan 2015

Post Thanks / Like

We got one when we bought our house and started making major purchases. That was in Jan 2003 and have been racking up points for the four years since then. We have close to 1,200 points saved. We are going in Sept with the free dining. 75% of our trip will be paid for with the points.

We put everything on it and just pay it off at the end of the month.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

We have the cards, too. We've used the 0% trip financing and the rewards points.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the card, but I'm not too sure that I'm too happy about having to find out about things like the Free Dining Plan offer on here rather than from them.

This is the last day to get in before the offer is opened up to the general public and I have yet to see anything on their site, in my e-mail, or on my account page that would let me know that ANYTHING is going on.

That said, the 0% - 6 month financing for Disney trips, Rewards points, and discounts at DTD stores is worth having the card!

Post Thanks / Like

I am, but I way prefer the WDW perks. The character meet and greet at DCA was too inconvenient and we never ended up getting to it (very limited hours). Epcot's woks out better for me.

We like putting out trip on it and not having to pay it off for 6 months.

And last year we saved like $500 on our trip
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Poly (04), WL (06), BC (07), AoA (20)
    DL (74, 75, 83, 87, 98, 07, 09. 10)

Magical Journeys is the ONLY way to go!

Post Thanks / Like

I've been a card holder since day one! I use my points for shopping while i'm in the world. We get the dining plan, so I feel like I don't really have to bring much cash with me.. everything is covered.
    Lisa
    November 2013 GF
    September /October 2012 AoA
    August 2012 Pop
    November 2011 PORFQ
    May 2010 WL
    October / November 2008 PORFQ
    August 2007 PORFQ
    July 2006 WL
    October 2005 Pop
    August 2004 POR FQ
    October 2003 ASM
    June 2000 CS
    July 1999 CB
    May 1997 Off site
    June 1996 POR FQ

Post Thanks / Like

Been a cardholder since the day they offered it. We've used it to purchase our annual passes (3) one time. We did a lot of renovations on our house and purchased everything we could with the credit card just to get the dollars.

I usually use the reward dollars for spending money while we're down. That way it seems like it's all for "free."

We'll probably use it this time for our dinner at Artist Point.
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

We've been thinking about getting one, how does it help you get discounts and stuff? is it really worth it?
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    We've been thinking about getting one, how does it help you get discounts and stuff? is it really worth it?
    You betcha it's worth it! We do all of our purchases on the card and just pay it off at the end of the month. I bank with Chase so online I just transfer the money over. In essence, we use it like a check card. We earn about $40 a month. You do the math. In one year, that is $480 that cost you nothing!
    Wilderness Campgrounds ('77)
    Villas ('88)
    Off Site ('91)
    AK Lodge ('04)
    AS Sports ('05)
    AS Music (April '06)
    Pop (Sept. '06)
    OKW (Feb. '08)
    BCV/SSR (June '08)
    SSR (Nov. '08)
    AKV (Kidani Village)/BWV (June '09)

Post Thanks / Like

I got my card in Feb., I had a promo code so I got a $50 gift card for signing up! Since then I've used it to pay for everything!!! We are going to Disney World in January. I'm hoping to use my reward dollars as spending money.

Post Thanks / Like

What if you dont use the card very often, mostly like just for booking our trip? Would it be worth it to switch?
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

I have it as well for one year now and I used my points in January that I had accumulated all year. We did the Epcot meet and greet both visits. I am not sure how the points work exackly when not using the card for Disney as I have been getting points for other purchases. Can anyone shed some light on this? Otherwise I love the card...just be careful once the 0% runs out!!
    Deb
    2012 Jan ALSM
    2011 July POFQ
    2010 July POR
    2009-Oct 3 days POFQ
    2009-June POFQ
    2008-Aug OKW
    2007-June WL
    2007-Jan POFQ
    2006-July Polynesian
    2005-June OKW
    2004-July BCV
    2004-Jan off site
    2003-July FWC
    2003-Dec/Jan CS
    2002-June OKW
    2000-July POFQ
    1999-July OKW
    1998-July OKW
    Have a Disney Day!!!

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    What if you dont use the card very often, mostly like just for booking our trip? Would it be worth it to switch?

Well, that all depends upon you. If you are going to pay the trip down within the 6 month 0% Interest period, then yes, it is worth it. Also, those Disney trips get rewards points as well!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BMan62 View Post
    I have the card, but I'm not too sure that I'm too happy about having to find out about things like the Free Dining Plan offer on here rather than from them.
    I agree. I just switched a few weeks ago and I know that part really bugs me.

Another thing that bothers me is that their customer service operators know NOTHING about their cards.

I had a few questions to ask them about their 6 months 0%APR on DW packages when I first got the card and spoke to three different people who all didn't have a clue!

I think the little perks like meet and greets and first dibs on discounts like free DDP makes it worth it.

Infact, those were what sold me on the card, since the Disney Rewards system kind of lacks when compared to my Citi Cards 3% cash back program and the 6month 0% APR isn't worth it unless you book a vacation last minute.
    Aug 2006-POFQ & MWC
    Feb 2007-DL
    Jan 2008-POP/DCL
    Sept 2009-Cont
    May 2010-POP
    May 2011-Poly/YC
    Sept 2011-Cont
    April 2012-POP
    Jan 2013- AKL
    Sept 2013- BLT/Swan
    Upcoming Trips
    April 2015- Cont/BWI

Post Thanks / Like

Default We are!

We're Disney Visa cardholders and it is a great perk. At the time we joined, we got $75 off our DVC dues that year (every little bit counts!) and we really enjoy the 10% discount at World of Disney in WDW. We use that every time! Also, I just redeemed my Disney Visa rewards for our upcoming trip and we have $100 to spend however we want. Can't beat that!! I very much enjoy using my Disney Visa- at the very least, it is a nice reminder of Disney & Mickey when I'm shopping during regular non-WDW life.
    DVC Member since June 2005
    Bay Lake Towers; Animal Kingdom Villas; Saratoga Springs
    DVC Member Cruise on the Dream 9/18-22/11
    My most magical memory of all...Engaged at Port Orleans, November 6, 2004

Post Thanks / Like

Default I Agree!

I am also a card holder. I think the perks are nice. Last year we got a special meet and greet with a photo just for being a cardholder. You can do that in Epcot but need to make a reservation. Something that disturbed me a bit too was the fact they did not send an email or anything about the free dining plan. I read it here also. When I called them they did comfirm but still a bit disturbing. That is a MAJOR perk! It's nice to get the reward dollars to. It's some spare pocket change for souveniers. We have not been members long enough to think about saving them up for a free trip or anything.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been a card holder since day one. Love the 0% interest for 6 months on vacation packages. We use the card for most everything and pay it off. Points add up quickly.

Check your email settings and spam filters. I did get an email for the free dining package. It came about 5:00pm Monday but it did come.

If you are a Disney fan and plan on visiting a park, it is a good deal. Just watch out if you get the Ariel cards. The first time my wife used it the checkout person laughed and gave it back. My wife handed it back to her and the lady asked if it was real. She thought it was a toy card.
    Steve "I'm Grumpy because you're Dopey"
    90Treehouse, 93Clubhouse Villa(DD2), 96Hotel Plaza(DD5&2), 99CR, 01OKW(expecting DS), 03POR (luv the trundle), 04AKL, 06ASMo(DW40, DD2), 07DLRP/PC, 08Y&BC/PC/DLRP, 09ASMusic/Cruise, 10ASSp/Pop, 11POR/Cruise, 12DLR, 13PC/Cruise, 14ASMu, 15CRx2, 16CR&ASMo(DW50)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: