Quantcast My Best Friend

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Best Friend

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Best Friend

On Good Friday, my best friend, DisneyJ, 37 years old passed away. After battling lung cancer for 18 months, she went peacefully. She was one of non-smokers that was attacked by this disease. I wanted to post because Intercot was her favorite site and Disney World was her favorite place. She adored everything Disney and everything Walt. I had the pleasure of going to Disney World with her four times. Our last trip together was in October of 2004. It was a “Girls Only” Trip to celebrate our birthdays and our long time friendship. Her last trip to Disney was in October of 2005. She spent quite a bit of time in the room because she did not feel well. It was because of this trip that she discovered that she had lung cancer. During her service yesterday, they had a power point presentation that had a ton of Disney World pictures in it – many in which she was holding my oldest daughter. If you get a chance, please do a search on Intercot for DisneyJ and read some of her trip reports and share her love for Disney World!! In October of 2007, her other best friend, husband, and our families will go to Disney World to celebrate her birthday and her memory!
    Oct 1999 - PO (FQ)
    Nov 2000 - AS Sports
    Aug 2001 - First DD is born - no Disney Trip!
    Nov 2002 - AS Movies
    Oct 2003 - CS
    Oct 2004 - Contemporary
    Dec 2004 - Pop
    July 2005 - Twin DDs were born - no Disney Trip!
    October 2007 - All Star Music - A Trip in Memory of my BF, DisneyJ

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Disney Baby,
    I am truly sorry to hear about your best friend, DisneyJ's passing. Lung cancer is a horrible disease. I am glad that you were able to share your love for Disney with your girls trip.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and her family at this time.
    Jeri Lynn

Fantasy 9/18 Dream 5/16 Fantasy 9/15 Wonder 10/14 Dream BCV ~ 12/09, BC ~9/18, 12/17 10/15 10/12 11/11 10/10 10/08, 11/07, 9/07, 11/06, 9/06, 12/05, 12/04, 9/04, 9/03, 9/02, 9/01, 12/2000, 9/99
    YC 9/16
    AKL 12/05, 9/05, 11/13
    DXL 9/98
    CBR 9/96
    DXL 5/93
    Off-site 1984, 1908

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers will be with you and your family, friends, all who knew her. I am grateful that you have such fond memories to cherish.
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry. It sounds like you will miss her immensely. for you and her family.
    Kelly

4/98 Offsite
    11/03 Make a Wish Trip
    8/05, 4/07, 4/08, 4/09, 4/11, 4/12, 4/13, 4.14
    Sheraton Vistana Resort
    11/07 Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World

Next Trip: 04/15 Sheraton Vistana

Give the Gift of Life; Be an Organ Donor!!

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry to hear that your best friend passed away - what a heartbreaking thing to go through, esp. for someone so young. I am glad you got to share Disney with her - you proabably have some great memories to hold close to your heart. Sending a and some your way....
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

What a lovely tribute to your friend! I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Such sad news, and there never seem to be words that are good enough to say to someone when they lose a loved one. But I do want to tell you that I think your post was just lovely and I am sure she would have loved to have such a fitting tribute to her on her favorite Disney site. I hope it made you feel a little better to share that with us. Lots of for all her friends and family as you all work your way through this awful loss.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry. I hate cancer so much, it is just an awful disease. I truly hope that you all can enjoy your trip, as hard as it will be, in her memory and know that she is up there with Walt.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry for your loss, and the loss of one of our fellow intercotees at that! I hate cancer, too, having lost my dad to lung cancer when I was 4. It sounds like a nice service and I am glad you are taking a trip in her honor. I am sure that's what she would have wanted. Thanks for posting this news.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

TiggerRPh Guest

I'm sorry to hear the loss of your friend. Hopefully you'll have your memories of your Disney trips and all the good times you shared to keep her in your memory.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry for your loss. She sounds like a very special person, someone you were lucky to know. for her family and friends.

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

You have my sympathy on your loss. Your friend certainly sounds like she was lucky to have you as a friend. I think it is great that you will get to share a memorial trip with her family

Post Thanks / Like

Post Sympathy

My sympathy and condolences to you and DisneyJ's family. Our lives are enriched by our friends. Thank you for sharing with us your painful story. Please keep in contact with your friends here on INTERCOT.
    Lanny
    Have been going to WDW since 1981
    Have a Great Day
    Health and Happiness to all Disney Freaks

Post Thanks / Like

I am sorry for your loss.

Post Thanks / Like

What a beautiful tribute to your friend. for you all at this difficult time.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for sharing this with us - your tribute to your friend was beautiful. I am so very sorry for your loss. Much for her friends and family during this sad time.
    Jen aka conorsmom2000

1977 - Fort Wilderness
    1995, 2005, 2006 - Wilderness Lodge
    2017 - Coronado Springs
    2024 - Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. She sounds like a great friend. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time.
    TRACEY
    șOș

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

I had to reply to you to express my deepest sympathy to everyone who loved and cared for DisneyJ. I, too, lost a friend in her mid-thirties to lung cancer. It is a terrible disease, but through all the pain, we have to remember the good times we shared with our friends.

I read through her trip reports and have to say it was so sad to read about her last trip. Did she ever make it to Disney Land? If not, I'm sure she's there right now with the ultimate tour guide (Walt himself).

Again, my deepest sympathy to all.
    First trip...02/72 Fort Wilderness
    Last trip...2/2016 Boardwalk Inn
    Next trip...2/2017 Boardwalk Inn Princess Half Weekend

"Mama, another gator got in the house"

"Don't make me turn this formation around!"

British Columbia, Canada (3408 miles from WDW!)
    Post Thanks / Like

My deepest sympathy to you and all of DisneyJ's family and friends. So sad to lose someone so young My heart goes out to you.

I am going to read DisneyJ's trip reports.
    ~Lynne~

On deck, you scabrous dogs! Man the braces! Let down and haul to run free. Now...bring me that horizon

DCL 2008 Mexico, 2011 Alaska, 2013 Caribbean
    WDW 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
    Disneyland 2015, 2004,1993,1992, 1991,1973

Post Thanks / Like

I am very sorry about your best friend's passing. I hope all of you will remember the good times with her during your trip later this year.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: