Quantcast What are the odds???

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default What are the odds???

We already have a vacation booked for September & we are also looking into buying DVC. My husband would rather sit down & handle the purchase in person while we are there instead of buying in ahead of time through the mail.

Right now there is a special for AKV for $96/point. How long do these specials usually last? Is there any chance of this DVC selling out before September?
    many, many trips as a child
    WDW 2000 - offsite
    WDW 2001 - offsite
    WDW 2006 - Pop Century
    WDW 2007 - Poly Concierge / OKW
    October 2007- Became DVC Members!!
    February 2008 - Saratoga Springs
    May 2008 - Boardwak Villas
    August 2008 - Beach Club / Wilderness Lodge

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We actually just purchased the DVC through the mail. It was very easy and simple. The specials seem to change every so often. For example right now DVC members can buy additional points at AKL for a discount until June 4th. We actually were in the same boat as you and wanted to return to Disney for a vacation, but we didn't want to spend our money paying Disney for the room when we could put it towards our DVC down payment instead. As soon as we gave our deposit over the phone to our guide, we were able to make our first revervation for June Our guide was great.
    It might be worth looking into whether you could change your out of pocket reservation over to DVC if you bought now. Even if you couldn't stay at Animal Kingdom, you could stay at Saratoga or Old Key West probably without a problem and then have all that extra cash for Dining Plan or Annual Passes....Once I explained all of those things to my husband he didn't want to wait. We purchased last month and will be making our first DVC trip in june
    Off Property - August, 2002
    Animal Kingdom Lodge - June, 2005
    Wilderness Lodge - August, 2006
    DVC Member at Saratoga Springs- 2007
    Saratoga Springs - June, 2007
    Saratoga Springs - August, 2007

Post Thanks / Like

I have no idea how long the current special incentives will last, but there is absolutely NO CHANCE that the AKV will be totally sold out by September.

It will almost surely take several years.

It is going to be quite a large DVC resort - the main portion of the resort won't even open until sometime in 2009. Only a portion of the total DVC resort villas will be available for occupancy this fall. Those are the remodeld AKL rooms.

Between the Port of Indecision and Southwest of Disorder
    Post Thanks / Like

If you think you are that interested, you may want to think about doing some heavy research now and make your decision before your trip. If you are leaning toward buying, I can almost guarantee you will buy after doing the tour. My thought is that rather than drop $$$ on the present trip you could use that money towards a downpayment on DVC and do the trip on DVC points. I was very interested in DVC but wanted to do the tour before buying -we did it while renting points at BWV, but the $1500 I spent would have been better off towards the DVC purchase -we bought in anyway! Either way good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought on our last trip. Our 4 night trip at the Concierge Boardwalk level with dining plan and 5 day tickets was close to $2800. If you are going anyway why not buy in ahead of time. You have to make a 10% down payment. Depending on how many points you are buying, the price of your room for the September trip could be your down payment. Watch the DVD and talk to a DVC guide by phone. I bought onsite but have watched the DVD too. The DVD has all the information you will need. I would just do it soon and realize you are probably only going to get SSR or OKW 6 months out, but it should save you money.
    Walt Disney World Trips:
    April '91, '93 Magic Kingdom with HS Band
    November '93, '03, '04, '06, '10
    January '08, December '08
    Fall '11 New Central Florida Resident
    February '10: Disney Wonder Cruise
    November '12: Disney Dream Cruise
    DVC Member since 2006
    Annual Pass Holder

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: