Quantcast possible May trip, concierge, dining plan or extra day?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default possible May trip, concierge, dining plan or extra day?

Hi all. My husband and I may go this May and for about the same money, ball park, anyway, we could go to poly for 5 nights, poly for 4 with dining, or yacht club concierge for 4 nights. We have stayed at beach club a lot and have never tried poly. We can go for fancy dinners or burgers, we are open. What do you all think? I'd really like to hear from anyone who may have stayed at poly or used concierge at yacht club. Any suggestions welcomed though! Thank you.
    Howard Johnsons 1982
    Guest Quarters 1989
    Guest Quarters 1990
    Yacht Club 1995
    Beach club 1997
    Beach Club 1999
    Beach Club 2002
    Beach Club 2005 May
    Beach Club 2005 Sept
    Beach Club 2006 Oct
    Yacht Club 2007 May
    Boardwalk Inn 2008 May

Yacht Club April 2009

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I would do the Poly for 5 nights, the longer the better. We stayed there in Jan and fell in love with it.

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I would do 5 nights at Poly with dining.At 40.00 a day per person you could have a nice counter service lunch and a wonderful dinner with tip included plus a snack a day.My guess is that your going to spend about that much a day anyhow.As far as resorts go the Poly is in my mind the best of the best .Very romantic for the two of you and awesome transportation options.Have fun what ever you decide!!!
    Poly10/75
    FWCabins3/93Poly11/01
    CBR4/05PORand BC2/06Pop11/06
    MarriottGrandeVista5/07
    CBR9/07
    Pop1/08
    POFQ5/08
    CS 9/08
    POFQ 5/09
    CBR9/09
    HRH11/09
    POFQ/POLY5/10
    WL12/10
    Allstar Music1/11
    POFQ 5/11
    OKW 3/31/12
    SSR 9/13
    CBR 9/14
    POR9/16
    CB Univ

Avatar in remembrance of my Dear Old Dad "Big Al"

Post Thanks / Like

i would go for the 5 days at POLY... cause if you only stay for 4 days, you might get home and be upset that you could still be in WDW
    -Corey-

Excuse me? Are you lookin' at me? Did you rub my lamp? Did you wake me up? Did you bring me here? And all of a sudden you're walking out on me? I don't think so, not right now. You're getting your wishes, so sit down!

Post Thanks / Like

I'd go 5 days Poly..... you can always eat the lint off the carpet...

Scott
    Honeymoon, 89
    Poly 2002
    CR 2003
    Shades of Green May 2007
    GF June 2014 (25th Anniversary)

Post Thanks / Like

Poly 4 with dining! Poly 5 without dining will be much more expensive. With dining you can enjoy great places like Kona.

Post Thanks / Like

Poly 5, but I would get the dining. You have to eat right? Unless you eat pop tarts and sandwiches in your room or eat all counter service meals, I don't know how adding the meal plan adds that much more money (if any).
    2001 ASMo, 2003 Royal Pacific and Poly, 2004 Beach Club, 2005 Cabins at FW, 2007 Poly, 2008 Poly and Hard Rock, 2009 Portofino and Poly, 2014 Royal Pacific and Kidani

Post Thanks / Like

i love the ecpot area resorts and am not a big poly fan and yet i would still choose 5 nights at the poly over 4 at the yacht club concierge. i've not heard good things about that particular concierge and the poly is a favorite of almost everybody. it is in a beautiful location and there are a lot of dining options between there and the GF, all within walking distance.

i have not experienced the dining plan yet, but i was under the impression that it was pretty affordable, a good buy???

Post Thanks / Like

We are also big EPCOT resort fans but our last stay at Yacht Club concierge will probably be our last.....concierge, anyway. With two toddlers, concierge has always been a great convenience for us but our last stay was not worth the extra expense. Since it is just you and your husband I think you'll be much happier at the Poly. And if you dine out at least once a day at a "sit down" I'd definately get the dining plan. We always get our money's worth when we use the plan. As far as how many nights? I ALWAYS push for as many as we can possibly afford..........so 4 or 5 nights? How about 6? Good luck deciding!

Post Thanks / Like

Anytime you can stay at WDW longer is better for me. I would go for 5 days. One thought is how would a 5 day w/dining at Poly compare to 5 day with no dining option? If ya could kind figure out how much you spend on food for 5 days without dining plan it may not be much different then 5 days with dining plan instead of 4 days.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

Whatever you do, get the meal plan. It's a great value, and I've never eaten like that in my life!!! I'm a food person, so I like the fact that I could try some cool restaurants, where I could get something like filet mignon and dessert. I've always wanted to stay at the Poly, have fun!

Post Thanks / Like

I've stayed in Yacht Club concierge and my personal opinion, would be to take the 5 nights at the Poly.
    Tammi, Team INTERCOT Moderator
    Disney Cruise Line & Accomodations

Please visit our Sponsors

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: