Quantcast If You Never Rode Alien Encounter - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I just wanted to to let ya all know that the shoulder restraints aren't all that bad.. you can stop the braces from getting to tight. I've had 5 shoulder surgeries so you can imagine what it would be like pain wise for me if I let the brace sit on my shoulder. All you need to do is put your hands up a bit and apply pressure back to the brace so that it thinks its on your shoulders.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Having an opportunity to ride both, I think
    Stitch is a lot more family oriented. Alien Encounter was really scary. I would not let my kids ride. My 12 year old DS LOVES the Stitch version!
    Jul80 DLR, Dec75 FW, Sept91 offsite, Sept95 ASSp, June00 offsite, June01 ASMo, July02 WL, June03 ASMo, Oct03 POR, Poly, Aug04 Pop,ASMu, Oct04 ASSp, Sept05 CSR,Pop,CBR, Dec06 WL,Pop, Sept07 POP,POR, Dec07 POP,May08 POP, Sept08 CR,Sept09 POP,Aug10 CBR, Feb11 POP, July11 AKL, Nov12 POP, March13 offsite

DisneyNut2005 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Michetti View Post
    That's such a hot corner in TL - I wish they would find something terrific to do with it. TL is losing too many good attractions. Timekeeper is gone, and COP is seasonal, so I'm hoping the imagineers will keep working on some options.
    Technically, the CoP is not seasonal anymore. Where have you been?!

DisneyNut2005 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kristi Kay View Post
    I am bummed Stich is getting so many bad review...i haven't been on it yet...i had high hopes for it...
    I agree that Stitch's Great Escape is getting way too much of a bad rep in the Disney online community.

I like SGE too. Don't let the naysayers dictate your decisions, Kristi Kay. Give it a try anyway--you might end up liking it too.

DisneyNut2005 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PirateStitch View Post
    And i also agree that the Nemo ride fits in with the Living Seas Theme. However, that ride would of been great if it wasn't out of order with the story line. When your there in May pay close attention and you will see what I mean.
    Actually, the storyline in the Nemo ride is a sequel to the movie, so therefore, the "story being out of order" argument is moot.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Recycled version!

I have done both. I think Stitch is just a recycled version of AE. Almost the same pre-show. My son has done Stitch. He was too little in 2000 to do AE, not that I would have let him. I have witnessed a child throwing up because they were so upset at he exit. My son likes Stitch, that is the only reason we go on. What the heck is up with those seats?? And forget about the shoulder bar. If you don't know and let it come all the way down, OUCH! Whoever designed that attraction must be a contourshinist (I know that is spelled wrong!). I always stop the shoulder bar before it rests on our shoulders. Between not letting the shoulder bar break your collarbone and the nubby seat angled wrong I guess it's an OK attraction, I do it for my son.
    Next Trip: POP Century...September 16th to September 26th!

Post Thanks / Like

Definately could have lived my life completely happy having never been on the stitich attraction. AE will be sorely missed. I remember as a kid when it first opened I was absolutely terrified and wouldn't go with the rest of my family until they told me how it was, then sitting in the back row where I knew nothing could "really" get behind me ( ). After the initail terror, it remained one of my favorite attractions and was a must on every repeat visit. AE was just incredible.

Stitch on the other hand, after the one visit there, I will only do it again if I am going with someone who has never been, they are absolutely insisting on going to see it, and won't let me wait for them outside. It's that bad. The smell is nauseating and it really is just a cheap knock-off of AE. There is nothing else new on stitch that they didn't have on AE, except for maybe the cannon things which are kind of a good effect (I will give it one praise). I was actually watching the show on You Tube yesterday. I think what made it so good was that it was so un-disney. Tucked away in the corner, it was such a scary attraction that kids and adults would come out surprised that something in a Disney park could be to terrifying. While I am a trill seeker, I still love the "kiddie rides" but Stitch just puts Disney to shame. They need some more things like AE to keep Disney-goers on our toes.

Former M:S CM
    ~Meredith

Post Thanks / Like

Smile If You Never Rode Alien Encounter

I liked Alien but am not a Stich fan. Not in comparison but because I don't get it - I just don't find it enjoyable. Sorry

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

It's kind of funny. If you have been on it yourself, you are probably a much better judge of whether or not it is something they would like. I didn't like the gross hotdog belch and know my mother would hate it. Won't be putting her on that. I don't think they would consider it lame since they didn't see the other one.
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

I took my girlfriend on it for the first time back in febuary. She refuses to ride it now due to the chili dog thing.

Funny storie and part of the reason my GF refuses to ride it.

When I rode it with her. I could not get the smell of chili dog out of my system everything I ate for the rest of the day tasted like a chili dog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyNut2005 View Post
    Actually, the storyline in the Nemo ride is a sequel to the movie, so therefore, the "story being out of order" argument is moot.
    Okay, so I was wrong. But, can you blame me when the scenes they do show are just readaptations from the movie ? After doing some research on my own about the ride I realize now its a sequel, but not knowing that ahead of time its easy to feel the similarity between the movie and its "sequel ride" The jellyfist scene, mine scene, fish r friends again etc. I'll be at the parks on Friday and will ride again keeping in mind its a sequel (even though after disliking it the first time I swore to the husband that I would not ride it again) I was expecting more after looking forward for so long for this ride. Still love Disney though !!! That will never change.

Past Trips
    December 14-16, 2009- 25th Birthday WL
    May 15-20 - Gracie's Disney
    May 2, 2009 - 7 Night DCL Western
    Oct 30, 2008- DCL 3 nights
    April 27- Sports
    DCL April 28th 7 Night Eastern Carribean
    May 22-All Star Movie
    March 4th- 4 Night DCL
    Jan 31-Feb 2 - AKL
    30+ !

Post Thanks / Like

I never rode AE and I thought stitch was horrible. The last time we went we walked right by it and there was no line. Its just not worth it.
    Moe
    1991 CBR, Honeymoon
    2004 POFQ
    2005 BC & Poly
    2006 Yacht Club
    2007 Yacht Club

2009 Boardwalk Inn
    2010 Boardwalk Inn
    2011 Boardwalk Inn

Post Thanks / Like

I personally didn't like AE and don't really care for the Stitch attraction either. With such a great bldg and locale, surely they can come up w/something better!
    1975 - Off site
    1980 - Golf Resort
    1981 - Poly
    1982 - CT
    1983 - Poly
    1989 - CBR
    1998 - CBR
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stitch/Alien Encounter

I have "rode" both. I think I was a little scared getting on AE and I didn't have any expectations. When it was over, I had been impressed with the special effects.

However, after it changed over to "Stitch", I was anticipating some changes to have been made to the attraction. When it was over, I thought, "That was it?"
    " But you see, I have the other slipper! "

1987 - Off Site
    1995 - Off Site
    2001 - All-Star Sports
    2005 - All-Star Music
    Next Trip - September 2009 - Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ParkHopper View Post
    The storyline and timeline is confusing and wasn't it Lilo that named him Stich!
    Just to clear it up, the attraction is supposed to take place BEFORE the first movie. I don't recall anyone in the attraction calling him 'stitch'.
    Besides. Wouldn't it sound silly if it was 626's Great Escape?

One little spark of inspiration...

Post Thanks / Like

We are too often stuck with what was, not what is. I think AE was great and I miss it. BUT there is so much to do in the Kingdom to dwell on that. Stitch will be enjoyed by a different crowd that AE. Stitch is afterall aimed at the crowd that follows the show.
    If your guests like Stitch's persona then take them on it. There is not the wait there was for AE and that is a plus.
    Just an after thought here. Whenever you go to Disney with a first timer, you should let them decide where to go and what to see. That is what happened your first time wasn't it?

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down I did it....

and wasn't impressed. I don't think it would be worth it to wait for unless you really have a die-hard Stitch fan in your group.

Next trip 12/07
    2007 ASMu
    2006 MK, EPCOT, AK, MGM
    2006 MK, EPCOT, MGM - Offsite
    2005 MK - Offsite
    2004 MK, EPCOT - Offsite
    1998 MK - GFR
    1998 MK, EPCOT - Boardwalk
    1996 MK, EPCOT - Offsite
    1984/1989 GradNite - MK
    1982 MK - FW Campground
    1981 MK, EPCOT Offsite
    1971 WDW

Post Thanks / Like

I havent ridden Alien Encounter but Stitch was TERRIBLE!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I am very surprised by the reaction to Stitch's Escape.

I was never able to have gone on Alien Encounter, but I would have liked to. By what I have heard, it was probably to scarry for kids. So I think Stitch's Escape is better for them.

I love Stich's Escape Show/Ride and I am not a that much of a stich fan. I thought the effects were really fun and cool!!! I went on it about 4-5 times over a couple visits to the park.

Yea, some of the humor is maybe cheesy or expected, but most of the humor at Disney parks is that way and I wouldn't expect any different. It's clean, fun, cute entertainment for the whole family.
    I would definitely take my guests on the ride, especially if they had kids or if they are into the whole fun and spirit of what disney parks are all about.
    June, 1990 - MK, Epcot -Off Site Hotel - Sang on stage & Marched in parade at MK
    Feb. '05 - DL, DCA - Off Site Hotel
    Feb. '07 - All Parks, DT - AKL
    May '08 - All Parks, DT - AKL & POP - 4 day Disney Cruise
    Jan. '13 DL, DCA, DT -Off Site Hotel
    Nov. '13 All Parks, DT - POP & Swan

Post Thanks / Like

Default 4-year-old

DakotaDisney, would you take a 4-year-old on Stitch's Great Escape?
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness