Quantcast What will be the new celebration after year of a millin dreams?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default What will be the new celebration after year of a millin dreams?

This year is the year for a million dreams at the World but the last few years they have celebrated something in all the parks etc. does anybody know what they plan on celebrating in the coming year? It wold seem strange if they didnt celebrate something like they have been in the last few years.We are planning a trip in the summer of 08 and was just wondering if there was a plan or anything..
    Me and Goofy r Goofie for each other !!!!!
    first visit 1978,1981,84,88,96,97,99,2000,02(honeymoon),04,09, looking 4 the next trip in 13! o the pain of the wait!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Nothing has been announced or rumoured.

The Year of A Million Dreams is really a "Promobration". While it is marketed like a celebration, they are in essence just running a large promotion.

The pattern since the 25th Celebration had been to alternate about every 18 months between running a celebration and not running one.

With this new promotion/celebration hybrid directly following a celebration it is hard to predict what will be done next ...
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to be drag about celebrations, but I think they need to give it a rest for a few years. They seem to keep planning them and making a big deal and not a lot extra to offer other than the starting of a few new attractions. I'm sure there will be many who disagree, but I'm celebrationed out. Just being able to enjoy WDW is celebration enough for me.

Post Thanks / Like

What I think will be the new theme will be Mickey Mouse's 80th Birthday Party, since 2008 will be Mickey's 80th birthday.
    **WDW: December 8th-19th 2007~Celebrating our 4yr Anniversey~Pop Century Resort**

WDW: November 9-15th 2003 **HoneyMoon***
    ~All-Star Music Resort ~Broadway~

Disneyland Resort September 5th-9th
    (Please note I've been to DLR countless times. Just posting recent trips.)

Post Thanks / Like

I would simply like to go to Just plain and simple WDW. I agree they need to give the celebrations a rest
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

My guess is........ Since they are tied in to McDonalds.......

Millions and Millions of Dreams Served.....

But I hope not.........

BRET/TTFN
    DVC Member 7/04 Wilderness Lodge Villas 6-08 Saratoga Springs
    Next Trip 6-16
    Disney Cruise 6-16
    Disney World tons of times

Post Thanks / Like

I don't really see what the big deal is...so what if they have a promotion/celebration or not. Just go and have fun. If you get something out of it, great, but if not, then you aren't missing anything either. People make too big a deal out of everything. If Disney wasn't doing anything to promote themselves or to give something back to it's guest, then people would complain about that too. Let's just enjoy the happiest place on Earth and quit all the griping!
    1996...Magic Music Days...Off Site
    2000...With family...Off site
    2004...Honeymoon...POFQ
    2005...1 yr anniv...POR
    2008...4 year anniv...Windsor Hills
    2011...8 year anniv...Lighthouse Key
    2015...10 Year Anniv...Windsor Hills

Post Thanks / Like

I think the "Year of Free Admission" might be well receieved. On the other hand, can you imagine how insanely busy the parks would be.
    ºOº KATHY, addicted since 1989 ºOº

Laughter is Timeless * Imagination has no age * Dreams are forever

Next Up.....
    Nov. '09 @ Pop

September '89, offsite **October '98, offsite** April '06, Pop Century ** December '07, Pop Century ** Nov. '08, Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LoriMistress View Post
    What I think will be the new theme will be Mickey Mouse's 80th Birthday Party, since 2008 will be Mickey's 80th birthday.
    That sounds like a pretty solid prediction to me, but who knows.

I too am of the mind that it would be nice just to go to WDW without a "celebration"-- instead of focussing on the promotion and advertisement, focus on the parks a bit more.
    Now, bring me that horizon... 8(:-D
    TIx2GR
    [/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like

I just don't get what there is to focus on. You go the parks, you enjoy the rides/attractions and maybe you get picked for a special dream or wish. If you don't, it's also no big deal. It's not like having these promotions takes anything away from the joy of just being there.

I think a persons focus on something is what they make of it. If you go with the intention of having a fun, magical vacation no matter what else is going on around you, then you will, but if you go with the attitude that "I hate promotions/celebrations cause I won't ever win a thing" then of course you are going to wish Disney would just let things be.

Don't Worry! Be Happy!
    2004...Honeymoon...POFQ
    2005...1 yr anniv...POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by allie_to_you View Post
    I think a persons focus on something is what they make of it. If you go with the intention of having a fun, magical vacation no matter what else is going on around you, then you will, but if you go with the attitude that "I hate promotions/celebrations cause I won't ever win a thing" then of course you are going to wish Disney would just let things be.

Don't Worry! Be Happy!

I should have clarified what I meant, my apologies. I don't think anyone really *hates* promotions, and I'm not saying I do or that they detract from my vacations; on the contrary, I really like the idea of YOAMD-- really embodies what Disney is trying to create.

Rather I think it would be nice for Disney to take focus a bit more on their parks a bit more and perhaps focus a little less on their promotions. Think of all the money they've spent on these promotional items, advertisement, etc., and imagine what it could do if it were invested into the parks. A new pavilion in WE, refurbing Wonders of Life, another new ride at MGM...yes, there's a lot that's been done recently, but what better way to celebrate the parks than by keeping them even more up to date and as magical as ever.

One could also argue that focusing on promotion *is* focusing on the parks, but now that they have promoted the parks quite a bit for sometime with free dining promotions, Happiest Celebration on Earth, YOAMD, etc., I'd like to see them financially focus on the parks themselves: upkeep, refurbishments, more new attractions (especially at MGM), etc. This doesn't mean that I think they shouldn't promote (that's just bad business sense), but maybe balancing things out a bit wouldn't be so bad, at least for a little while.

Of course, all IMHO.
    Now, bring me that horizon... 8(:-D
    TIx2GR
    [/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like

i am in the "no more celebrations, please" camp.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't mind the celebrations, probably because I barely remember the parks without one. Though they are shameless promotions that offer very little, I understand why Disney continues to run these advertising campaigns.

There are too many great parts of Walt Disney World to worry about this year's celebration.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TIdoubleGR View Post
    I should have clarified what I meant, my apologies. I don't think anyone really *hates* promotions, and I'm not saying I do or that they detract from my vacations; on the contrary, I really like the idea of YOAMD-- really embodies what Disney is trying to create.

Rather I think it would be nice for Disney to take focus a bit more on their parks a bit more and perhaps focus a little less on their promotions. Think of all the money they've spent on these promotional items, advertisement, etc., and imagine what it could do if it were invested into the parks. A new pavilion in WE, refurbing Wonders of Life, another new ride at MGM...yes, there's a lot that's been done recently, but what better way to celebrate the parks than by keeping them even more up to date and as magical as ever.

One could also argue that focusing on promotion *is* focusing on the parks, but now that they have promoted the parks quite a bit for sometime with free dining promotions, Happiest Celebration on Earth, YOAMD, etc., I'd like to see them financially focus on the parks themselves: upkeep, refurbishments, more new attractions (especially at MGM), etc. This doesn't mean that I think they shouldn't promote (that's just bad business sense), but maybe balancing things out a bit wouldn't be so bad, at least for a little while.

Of course, all IMHO.
    I completely agree with you. It's not that the celebrations and promotions take away from anything, but they rarely add anything significant. YOAMD is actually one of the better ones in terms of some guests receiving unique and magical experiences. The key word in that previous sentence is "some." On the other hand, more attractions, better attractions, and better upkeep would benefit everyone that visits the parks. The I'cot member that I'm quoting has hit the nail on the head. As he/she said, we shouldn't expect Disney to stop promoting, but there is a way to do it in moderation that will still be effective. WDW has always had celebrations, but they used to only happen on major occasions such as WDW's 25th anniversary celebration whereas there is a celebration every year nowadays regardless of whether or not there is anything substantial to celebrate. The celebrations don't bother me, but they don't seem special anymore.
    I'm a dad! My daughter, Eisley, was born on December 17, 2010.

Regular WDW visitor since 1981

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I hope it is the "Year of No Celebration."

I liked Happiest Celebration on Earth, as it brought in two new amazing attractions, YOAMD didn't do much for me (partially because I didn't really win anything!)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TIdoubleGR View Post
    I do have to agree with you on this point. Whether they have a promotion or not isn't so relavant, but you're right, they should invest some more money on updating or adding more rides/attractions such as WoL & the World Showcase.
    2004...Honeymoon...POFQ
    2005...1 yr anniv...POR

Post Thanks / Like

Plus, I believe it's in either Oct or Nov that it will be Epcot's 25th Anniversery. So they might tie in Mícky's 80th Birthday with Epcot's 25th Anniversery.
    **WDW: December 8th-19th 2007~Celebrating our 4yr Anniversey~Pop Century Resort**

WDW: November 9-15th 2003 **HoneyMoon***
    ~All-Star Music Resort ~Broadway~

Disneyland Resort September 5th-9th
    (Please note I've been to DLR countless times. Just posting recent trips.)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: