Quantcast Monster INC: Laugh Floor [Merged Threads]

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Monster INC: Laugh Floor [Merged Threads]

So this past weekend they had the Monster INC Laugh Floor open. The line was short so I thought I would give it a shot.

I do have to say the show is funny. Me being the techonut I am was impressed with the technology used in the show. They only used 1 joke supplied by the audiance (which wasnt a very goodone).

All in all I would say the Imagineers did a good job with this one. I would go check it out atleast once.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    pogo Guest

Thanks for the tip. We are hoping to see it next month during our trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Laugh Club is a must see

Saw the Laugh Club on 3/27. It's a cute show. DH and I are engineers and appreciated the technical merit of the show. It's a must see for fans of Monsters, Inc.!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Got to see Monsters Inc. Comedy Club

Wow what a surprise...

We were walking through the Magic Kingdom headiing to Buzz Lightyear & then dinner when I look over & the doors to the comedy club were open.

Asked the CM if it was open (because they were closed at the start of the week), and he said it was open today. Talk about a Year of a MIllion dreams gift.

When you walk into the waiting area they have TV screens telling you that you can text message a joke to while you are waiting to get in & they may use it in the show. Only problem was I think they flashed through the instructions kind of fast, cause the lady behind us was trying to do it & it took her 3 or 4 tries. I think she finally managed to do?

The show was good...as you are waiting for the show to start up they are showing pictures of the audience with funny captions under their picture.

Then throughout the show the different monsters are interacting with the guest and talking to them (Just like Crush). I don't know if they can't see near the front or the back of the theatre, but they seamed to focus on the middle of the audience.

I would go & see it again...it was funny.

enjoy

tim
    "If No one laughs at your vision...it's not big enough!"
    "I work to support my Disney habit!"
    Jan - 06 CBR
    03 CBR
    01 CBR
    97 AS Music
    93 2 Days off site (should have gone to Poly)
    91 Honey Moon CBR
    89 Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

they can see the entire audience, the cameras are very high up. i'm not aware of any safe zone yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review. I'm looking forward to catching this on our next trip.
    Everybody else is thinking it, I'm just saying it. - Mr Gibbs
    ---
    2/00-OKW/BW
    9/00-YC
    7/01-BW
    12/01-Doubletree Suites (DTD)
    4/02-WL
    4/03-BW
    2/04-Mariott Horizons
    7/04-POP
    2/06-POP
    9/06-POP
    9/07-POP
    6/08-Dolphin/POP
    10/09-POP
    10/10-POP
    3/10-CSR

Post Thanks / Like

so glad to hear a good review on this! Most of the others have not been so promising!
    Last trips: August 06, May 07, November 08, June 09
    Next trip: May 21-30, 2012

Post Thanks / Like

I got a chance to sit in on a techinical rehearsal back in February. I thought it was fun. I know some people on here have blasted it, but I would definitely do it again. I was "That Guy" during the performance... the one they kept putting up on screen for all of their comedy call backs. They got me good. We even took a survey at the end and spoke with some of the Imagineers in charge. One of the suggestions we made was to bring in some live Monsters to walk or run down the aisles at some point during the show kind of like Sweetums does at Muppet Vision. Anyone know if that idea made the cut?

They showed some great footage of it during the Travel Channel show last night. C'mon! You know you watched it. It totally got me fired up. I'm on the internet right now planning my next trip. I am going to hold off booking until the Dining Plan announcement.
    ~Tripp West
    Dream CMO Top 3!

1977, 1983, 1986, 1989, 1993, 1996, 2000, 2005, 2006,
    DVC Trips
    12/2006(SSR), 2/2007(OKW),9/2007(OKW),12/07 (ASM-Got a great AP Discount),3/08 (BWV)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Me ,too

We saw it on 3/17.It was not open earlier that week.We just happened to be going by when we saw it open and people walking in.
    I think that DW and I would have enjoyed it more if we had seen the film but we did not see it yet.But we did enjoy what we did see.
    Did you see me there?
    I was the guy in the funny hat.
    PETE FROM NYC
    DISNEY NUT SINCE THE 1950s.
    I AM POOH SIZED AND PROUD OF IT.
    FORGET ABOUT THAT OTHER FAT GUY ON TV.
    I AM THE REAL KING OF QUEENS
    TWELVE TRIPS FROM 1975 - 2007 all by plane
    Drove down 2009,2010,2012,2014.
    DVC since 9/09. We own at BLT.
    Next trip: 11/1 to 11/12. BLT

Post Thanks / Like

One of the suggestions we made was to bring in some live Monsters to walk or run down the aisles at some point during the show kind of like Sweetums does at Muppet Vision. Anyone know if that idea made the cut?
    It didn't make the cut, but I think that is a neat idea!

I love this show. Yes, its corny, but what humor that is made for kids and family at Disney isn't. It is somewhat repeative, but the audience makes it different and I think different CM's make it different as well.

I went to the show about 4 times over 3 days on my last trip and I got picked to be on camera and picked on 3 different times by what seemed like different CMs. It was fun. I must look or act goofy I guess. I was the guy who was going to treat everyone to churros after the show, next I was asked questions and she made up a song about my answers and the 3rd time I was the guy who couldn't stop dancing. The dancing was the funniest one, they kept coming back to me throughout the show about 3 times.
    June, 1990 - MK, Epcot -Off Site Hotel - Sang on stage & Marched in parade at MK
    Feb. '05 - DL, DCA - Off Site Hotel
    Feb. '07 - All Parks, DT - AKL
    May '08 - All Parks, DT - AKL & POP - 4 day Disney Cruise
    Jan. '13 DL, DCA, DT -Off Site Hotel
    Nov. '13 All Parks, DT - POP & Swan

Post Thanks / Like

I think the quality of this show depends on the humans they pick on. The monster asked one young girl what she wanted to be when she grew up and she says "an OBGYN". The look on the monsters face was priceless and then he says, "I can't even spell that."
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

We saw it Dec. 21st and thought it was really cute....I loved the "that guy" gag....

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

We really liked it!!!!!
    May 2007 - CBR 6 nights
    Dec 2008 - CSR 8 nights
    Aug 2010 - AKL 5 nights /Sports 3 nights
    Aug 2011 - Pop 9 nights

Post Thanks / Like

I enjoyed it. My daughter got a kick out of being on screen ("sitting between two monsters"...)

Post Thanks / Like

We just returned and loved the show! Just wish they sold Monsters Inc themed shirts etc. - we looked everywhere for a Wazowski item of any kind but they amazingly didn't have anything at any store on the property. seems like missed opportunity.
    Caribbean Beach - Jan 2008
    Off property - 2004
    Disneyland's Grand Californian - 2003
    Disney Wonder Cruise June 2002
    Boardwalk Inn, June 2002
    Disneyland Hotel - 1999
    All Star Sports - 1998
    All Star Music - 1996
    All Star Sports - 1995
    Dixie Landings - 1994
    Contemporary - 1980's

Post Thanks / Like

The Toy Story kiosk to the right of the TTA entrance (facing COP) has Wazowski t-shirts. (A big giant eye.) Very cute. They do tend to sell out of many of the sizes.

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen it 4 times...and EACH time, thanks to the way I look, I was shown on screen and had to be Sully for the show.

The rest of the day people who were at the same show would call me Sully when they saw me.

Post Thanks / Like

I was hugely disappointed with this attraction as far as being a repeat attraction. While similar to Turtle Talk, MILF is much less fluid in that most jokes are the same and it really isn't as interactive as TT. The randomness of TT is what makes it a winner in my opinion
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: