Quantcast When should I get my park tickets advice anyone?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default When should I get my park tickets advice anyone?

I don't know if this is the correct section if not I apologize in advance. Anyway, I just wanted to ask advice. I'm going to the Kingdom in July and I haven't bought my tickets yet, I'm going to get a park hopper pass. I am not staying at a resort and I know its preferential to book a couple months in advance if you want a resort, so is it going to be easy for me to get a park hopper pass say in June? They don't sell out of that kind of stuff do they? Maybe this is a dumb question but I thought I'd ask.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You can buy park hoppers at the gates - it's very easy and there's no need to buy in advance.
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Post Thanks / Like

You'll be fine. If it's just passes, you can get them the day you get there, so there's no real rush. It would be more convenient to get them ahead of time, so if you go that route (which it looks like you are), all you have to worry about is ordering far enough in advance so the tickets arrive before you leave.

Post Thanks / Like

We used Official Ticket Center (an Intercot sponsor) last trip and it worked great!! Just click on 'buy theme park/attraction tickets' to the left. They give you a discount and you can get them before you even leave home. Since you're going a busy time of year, that will be one less line you'll need to wait in when you're ready to get to the magic. Have a great trip!
    Nov 1973 - OS
    Apr 1982 - OS
    Jan 2001 - ASM
    Dec 2001 - ASSp
    Jan 2002 - CBR
    Jan 2003 - CBR
    Dec 2003 - AKL
    Jan 2005 - CBR
    Jan 2006 - CBR/AKL
    Dec 2006 - CBR/OS/POFQ
    Oct 2007 - ASSp/CBR
    Jan 2009 - CBR/AKL
    Jan 2010 - POR/AKL
    Jan 2012 - CBR
    Jan 2013 - CBR
    Feb 2015 - GF
    Feb 2016 - GF

Post Thanks / Like

Default buy now

I recommend buying your tickets now. They are cheaper if you get them ahead of time, and I always do it as soon as my plans are made (and before Disney decides to raise prices again). We always get ours online. Shop around.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, 3,808.63 KM from the Magic Kingdom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Try Ebay

Shop around, beause there are many deals out there. Paying at the gate is always more expensive,a nd if the InTERCOT link can give you a deal, use it! ALSO, try EBAY. They have passes for sale, and you may luck out and get a deal.
    Walt was ½ Canadian!

DL, Aug 97; DL, Jul 01; DL, Aug 05; DL, Jan 06; WDW, Oct 06; DL, Dec 06; WDW, Nov 07; DL, Dec 07; DL, Jun 08; DL, Feb 09; DLP, Apr 09; DL, Sep 09; TDL, Oct 09; DL, Jun 10; WDW, Oct, 10; WDW, May, 13; WDW, Sep 14; HKDL, Sep 15, WDW, Mar 17; WDW Jan 19.

Post Thanks / Like

Sign up for a news letter through mousesavers. You'll get a huge discount for WDW tickets through a special link they have from the undercovertourist. We bought our tickets and they were cheap!!!
    **WDW: December 8th-19th 2007~Celebrating our 4yr Anniversey~Pop Century Resort**

WDW: November 9-15th 2003 **HoneyMoon***
    ~All-Star Music Resort ~Broadway~

Disneyland Resort September 5th-9th
    (Please note I've been to DLR countless times. Just posting recent trips.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by battle beast View Post
    Shop around, beause there are many deals out there. Paying at the gate is always more expensive,a nd if the InTERCOT link can give you a deal, use it! ALSO, try EBAY. They have passes for sale, and you may luck out and get a deal.
    I would NOT recommend buying tickets through Ebay. Most people sell tickets that are expired and/or fake.
    **WDW: December 8th-19th 2007~Celebrating our 4yr Anniversey~Pop Century Resort**

WDW: November 9-15th 2003 **HoneyMoon***
    ~All-Star Music Resort ~Broadway~

Disneyland Resort September 5th-9th
    (Please note I've been to DLR countless times. Just posting recent trips.)

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto on the eBay tix...you may be severely disappointed with no recourse, and Disney tickets are not transferable...so unless Disney or a reputable ticket agency are selling them (and I doubt they are), I wouldn't advise the eBay route.

You could get them from disney.com if you'd like to spread out your vacation expenses. That would also protect you from ticket expenses.

One possible reason to wait to July though...if you have a Discover Card, they will be giving a 5% rebate on Theme Park purchases for three months starting July 1. If you're buying for a family, that could be pretty sizable.
    Last edited by King Triton; 03-28-2007 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Change "passes" to "purchases" for Discover comment

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto on E-bay!!! Very risky to buy tickets there.

One place I would recommend is the Disney Store (if you have xone near you). I would also buy as soon as you know for sure that you are going. The tickets do not expire till 14 days after the first day is used (unless you buy the no experation option, in which case they never expire). This will protect you from any price increases that happen before you go.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Post Thanks / Like

Prices keep going up - not a lot each time - but was it three times last year?

We're re-decorating, so I don't want to spend the money now, but it's something to think about.
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

Post Thanks / Like

Sure you can buy them there,BUT....if your a member of AAA, they have some really good deals on them and you can save money..plus if you are driving you can get a special parking pass that allows you to park right next to the gates...CHECK IT OUT!

Post Thanks / Like

Default AAA? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by bdm@pga View Post
    Sure you can buy them there,BUT....if your a member of AAA, they have some really good deals on them and you can save money..plus if you are driving you can get a special parking pass that allows you to park right next to the gates...CHECK IT OUT!
    I'm a AAA member and the last time I checked they offered substantial discounts on lodging at WDW but no discount on park admission media at all.

Is this a recent change?

Post Thanks / Like

Stay away from Ebay. You don't know what you're getting. Stick with a reputable vendor or wait until you get to the World
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

I would definitely advice getting your tickets early...that way when you get there, you are ready to go and don't have to stand in line to get them. Also, there are websites that where you can get your tickets discounted or even get some free days. If you pm me, I will give you the website of the company we are using. We are getting a 7-day MYW + hopping for the the price of a 4-day MYW = hopping
    1996...Magic Music Days...Off Site
    2000...With family...Off site
    2004...Honeymoon...POFQ
    2005...1 yr anniv...POR
    2008...4 year anniv...Windsor Hills
    2011...8 year anniv...Lighthouse Key
    2015...10 Year Anniv...Windsor Hills

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mom*3 View Post
    I recommend buying your tickets now. They are cheaper if you get them ahead of time, and I always do it as soon as my plans are made (and before Disney decides to raise prices again). We always get ours online. Shop around.
    I agree. It's almost always cheaper to buy them ahead of time. This goes for any theme park.

Quote Originally Posted by LoriMistress View Post
    I would NOT recommend buying tickets through Ebay. Most people sell tickets that are expired and/or fake.
    Quite recently there has been a lot of attention placed on these eBay scams.

Quote Originally Posted by Goes4FastPass View Post
    I'm a AAA member and the last time I checked they offered substantial discounts on lodging at WDW but no discount on park admission media at all.

Is this a recent change?
    A quick scan of their site shows that they do offer discounted packages that include discounts on theme park tickets.

Post Thanks / Like

Get them when ever you can afford them. I have never seen lines at the parks to get tickets if you wait til then.

This is the intercot link. Just be careful with the 1 and 2 day tickets they cost $5 more then the gate price.

http://www.officialticketcenter.com/...&refer=TC21LBC
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: