Quantcast Language in the Disney Parks

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Language in the Disney Parks

I've only ever been to the Disney Parks in the U.S. but I was wondering what languages are spoken on the attractions in Euro Disney, Tokoyo Disney and Hong Kong Disney? I wonder more about Euro Disney since many different languages are spoken in Europe. I also heard that the company that owns Tokoyo Disney wanted it to be just like DisneyLand in California so the signs are in English. Does anyone who has been to these other parks know?
    "Six it be. Six bottles of rum." POTC

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if everything in the other parks is follwed by Spanish like at WDW.
    1975-2000 Family Trips, FW
    Nov 2005- FW
    June 2006- FW
    Feb 2007- FW
    Dec 2007- POFQ
    Feb 2008- POR
    July 2008- WL
    Dec 2008- FW
    Feb 2012- POFQ
    Herb
    Proud Passholder

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know about other parks, but in France it's French - except in Small World where I heard English and French
    Once as a kid
    Sept 1992 with hubby offsite
    May 2005 Disneyland Paris!
    Sept 2005 with hubby POP!
    Sept 2007 with hubby POP!
    Sept 2009 with hubby - AS Sports!
    Sept 2014 with hubby - POP!

Post Thanks / Like

At Hong Kong Disneyland all the signs are in English and Chinese, usually English is the most prominent language on the sign. All the CMs are required to speak Mandarin, Cantonese, and at least some English, so communication there is very easy for most Westerners. Attractions are often done in multiple languages. Hong Kong was under British rule for a long time, so many in Hong Kong speak English anyway.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

Hi
    as you can see in my signature I know very well Disneyland Paris...
    The main language is of course french (located near Paris) but a lot of attraction (specially shows) are translations in English. And all CM speak english and often spanish and german.

If you want to visit Disneyland Paris but you don't speak french, no worry CM speak better than me .
    2009 : AKL & BC
    2009 : POP & OKW
    2007 : POP & POFQ
    2005 : AKL & Poly
    2004 : Disneyland (Honeymoon)
    2003 : All Star Sport
    Disneyland Paris so many times

Post Thanks / Like

In DL Paris, most announcements are made in French, English, and German. Some rides have translation headsets in 5 or 6 languages. Shows are sung/spoken with some sentences in French, some in English and some in German (from what I remember).

BelleBeauty Guest

Disneyland Paris is actually really great in the language department. I was really impressed with how they handled so many different languages.

The main language is French. However, a lot of the rides will have pieces in English as well. For example - in Star Tours, the driver robot spoke French, but they had a part where someone in other ship tries to tell the robot to pull over, and that person spoke English. In larger shows they have translation devices. For Honey I Shrunk the Audience, you went in a specific door based on whether you wanted to experience the show in French (without headphones), English, Spanish, German, etc. with special headphone systems.

I believe most of the staff speaks English, as well as other languages.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, 3,808.63 KM from the Magic Kingdom!
    Post Thanks / Like

THis is good to know... I want to go to The international parks...
    Walt was ½ Canadian!

DL, Aug 97; DL, Jul 01; DL, Aug 05; DL, Jan 06; WDW, Oct 06; DL, Dec 06; WDW, Nov 07; DL, Dec 07; DL, Jun 08; DL, Feb 09; DLP, Apr 09; DL, Sep 09; TDL, Oct 09; DL, Jun 10; WDW, Oct, 10; WDW, May, 13; WDW, Sep 14; HKDL, Sep 15, WDW, Mar 17; WDW Jan 19.

Post Thanks / Like

All attractions are in Japanese at Tokyo Disney Resort.

Post Thanks / Like

I have visited Disneyland Resort Paris more than 40 times so I know a lot of this resort. All CastMembers must speak French and at least one other language. Many CM's speak English.
    The beautiful Legend of the Lion King show is performed a few times a day. You can choose for the French or English version.

Post Thanks / Like

This was my understanding of the Paris DL. I hope to go next year so hearing a confirmation is comforting. Thanks for the info.

Having said that though, If I can save up enough between now and then I will upgrade to 2 weeks in WDW

Post Thanks / Like

I was at Tokyo Disney last week during my spring break, and the attractions are mostly in Japanese (with the occasional use of English) but most, if not all, of the theming was in English. For example, Pirates was in English, Small World was Japanese with a little english, and Pooh (their version is far cooler, btw), Pinnochio, etc. were all in Japanese. And unlike WDW, aside from the show in the Arabian Coast at DisneySea, we couldn't get English headsets/translators. However, it was fantastic nonetheless. Mickey was just the same as at home!

Katie
    "One can't believe impossible things."
    "I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

3/21 & 3/22/07- Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyLove View Post
    And unlike WDW, aside from the show in the Arabian Coast at DisneySea, we couldn't get English headsets/translators.
    They also offer headsets at MicroAdventure (aka, Honey I Shrunk the Audience).

I'm confused about what you mean in regards to theming. The only English we really noticed were the Disney songs we know and love. We didn't ride Pirates though, as it was down for rehab.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post
    They also offer headsets at MicroAdventure (aka, Honey I Shrunk the Audience).

I'm confused about what you mean in regards to theming. The only English we really noticed were the Disney songs we know and love. We didn't ride Pirates though, as it was down for rehab.
    I meant signs around the parks- those were in English. Signs for restaurants, the little sayings on sides of buildings, etc. And we didn't catch MicroAdventure, but good to know if I can get back there before the end of the semester
    "One can't believe impossible things."
    "I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

3/21 & 3/22/07- Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyLove View Post
    I meant signs around the parks- those were in English.
    Ah yes, and many (mostly the warning and instructional signs) were in English and Japanese, like here.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: