Quantcast Aulani

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Aulani

Post Thanks / Like

Default Aulani

Hi everyone,
    We're booked and ready to go to Aulani and have a few questions for anyone who's already been there. We are going in September and want to book dining. Any suggestions, comments, ratings? Which restaraunt do you like best and why?
    We are Midwesterners without much culinary diversity so we're not super brave. We are afraid to order something we've never had before when spending alot to eat out for fear of disappointment.
    Thanks in advance for your help
    Last edited by pamlvt; 04-15-2012 at 02:24 PM. Reason: misspelling
    2 trips as a kid, '88 - Ft W,'90-Ft W '99-OKW 94-OKW 96-OKW 98-OKW 00-OKW&DCL 03-OKW 05-OKW 07-DVCcruise 08-OKW 10-OKW 11 - OKW 9/12 Aulani 5/13-All Star Sp, DCL& Exp Eve 5-13AofA & Exp Ev, 8/14-OKW 5/15-AKL, Exp Ev & DCL

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We did the character Brunch at Makahiki and LOVED it. Everyone in our group was raving over it, and my toddler loved it as well.

They have a nice selection of standard brunch buffet items, as well as a nice assortment of Hawaiian influenced and Asian items. The service was outstanding, and we got to spend so much time with the characters.

I believe they do dinner as well, which Im sure is wonderful! I think there are only 2 restaurants at Aulani, plus the pool bar / cafe, so you don't have too many choices.

If you are venturing into Honolulu, Zippys is a very popular "IHOP/Perkins" local restaurant that has very standard breakfast / diner food items. For fine dining, Roy's is a great choice. It is owned by the same company that owns Flemings steak houses, and they have a nice menu with "safer" choices for picky eaters. Check out the menu online.

If you are scared of trying new cuisine, there are tons of taco bells, wendys, mcdonalds, CPK, and subway's all over Honolulu. The food court at Ala Moana is also a great choice when you are with a group because it offers a wide selection of different cuisines to suit everybody's tastes...its a pretty large food court, and the mall is super ritzy. Also Red Lobster is a safe choice for picky eaters.

But I hope you'll be able to enjoy some local Island cuisine! There are so many outstanding local restaurants.
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

I have another question about Aulani

I know at the pool the lounge chairs and umbrellas are free of charge... on the beach... are the chairs free and you have to pay to rent an umbrella orrrr do yo have to rent both an umbrella and chairs???
    Swan x 1, Dolphin x 1, Carribbean Beach x 1, BWV x 9, OKW x 5, WLV x 2, BCV x 2, Cruise x 3
    Next Up!: AULANI! July 2012

DVC Member since 97

It all started with a mouse...

Post Thanks / Like

We're leaving for Aulani in just about 2 weeks... I'll report back when we return.

From what I am reading I believe there is a rental fee for chairs, umbrellas or loungers on the beach.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pamlvt View Post
    Hi everyone,
    We're booked and ready to go to Aulani and have a few questions for anyone who's already been there. We are going in September and want to book dining. Any suggestions, comments, ratings? Which restaraunt do you like best and why?
    We are Midwesterners without much culinary diversity so we're not super brave. We are afraid to order something we've never had before when spending alot to eat out for fear of disappointment.
    Thanks in advance for your help
    I haven't been to Aulani but I have been to a some restaurants that have served foods that I wasn't familiar with.

I have found that I am much more open to trying things that I have not had if the restaurant is known for its food as opposed to it's decor, location or atmosphere, and I have found that Disney hotels have some of the finest restaurants in the country e.g. Cali Grill, Victoria's & Albert"s, Jiko etc. etc. and I'm sure Aulani is no exception.

One thing that I have done at restaurants whose menu's have pushed me towards the outer limits of my comfort zone is ask our server what they would recommend and if it was something that I was not familiar with I would politely ask what would happen if I didn't like it and the response I have gotten every time is that they would be more than happy to bring me something else.

Now it's never come to that. Everything that has been recommended to me has been excellent and I can't say that you will get the same response at Aulani, but my guess is that you will, and it never hurts to ask and you just might find yourself loving something that in your wildest dreams you never thought you would have eaten.

Have a great trip and live on the edge a little. The views are wonderful.
    CR 8/73 12/09
    Poly 8/73
    ASMu 3/95
    Offsite 4/97
    Swan 12/99 1/00 12/02 11/03 5/07
    Royal Plaza 4/01
    OKW 11/02 4/03
    BWV 12/02 10/03 11/04 5/05 10/05 11/06 5/07 10/07 11/08 10/09 10/10 11/11 12/11
    GF 5/05
    Pop 6/05
    AKL 9/05 5/09
    BCV 11/05
    CBR 12/06
    ASSP 5/09
    BWI 12/09
    SSR 5/10
    YC 12/10

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: