Quantcast Happy Meal Toys??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Happy Meal Toys??

The box says next is Year of A Million Dreams.
    Jack Sparrow: Hide the rum

91-98 Off property
    ASMusic-99
    POFQ-01 Wildfires
    ASMovies-02,03
    Pop-04 Hurricane Jeanne
    Pop-05 Tropical Storm Arlene
    Pop-09,10,11
    Sports-12
    Pop-15

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It's true. On the McDonalds website it says the next toys will be Walt Disney World Year of a Million Dreams toys. It says "Pirates and princesses, prepare for adventure." and shows a little boy and girl. The little boy appears to be holding a pirate action figure and has a pirate bandana on. The little girl has what appears to be a Cinderella ring and is wearing a princess crown. The current Spiderwick Chronicles toys should be available until March 14, when they will be replaced by the YoMD toys.
    Erin- WDW College Program Alumni and current WDW Seasonal Merchandise CM- The Art of Disney Gallery/Wonderful World of Memories/Disney Days of Christmas @ Downtown Disney Marketplace ºOº

Last Trip: June 4-6, 2010 @ CBR- Pirate Room!

Next Trip: Spring Break 2011

Post Thanks / Like

What's really strange about this is Disney was suppose to end their relationship with McDonald's as part of their helathy food initiative.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    What's really strange about this is Disney was suppose to end their relationship with McDonald's as part of their helathy food initiative.
    That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw this thread. Interesting.
    Jen

Always ready to talk Disney
    Grand Floridian**Contemporary**Polynesian**Wilderness Lodge**Yacht Club**Dolphin**Port Orleans French Quarter**All Star Movies**All Star Music**POP Century**Disney Wonder**Disney Magic**Disney Dream**VWL**Old Key West**Animal Kingdom Lodge**Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

I only thpught that their exclusivity contract with Mc D's was over not the fact they would no longer do Happy Meal toys. That's how I interpreted the news years back. I hope these are good toys I've been missing my Mc D's Disney toys for while now.
    Upcoming trips to DL Hojo's Oct 19-25 and Pop Cen Dec 30 09-Jan 06 10

Pop Cen, Wilderness L, Disney Wonder, Coronado Spr Mar 8-16 09
    Pop Cen Dec 13-19 08 Jan 12-18 08 Sept 15-22 07 Jan 15-21 07 Sept 28-Oct 5 06 Aug 5-12 05
    All St Music Jan 6-11 05

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info!

How can Disney say that McDonald's is too unhealthy for them, and yet they still serve their fries in the parks?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. Don't want to go to McD's any sooner. I guess they can say they've added the apple and milk choices.

91-98 Off property
    ASMusic-99
    POFQ-01 Wildfires
    ASMovies-02,03
    Pop-04 Hurricane Jeanne
    Pop-09,10,11
    Sports-12
    Pop-15

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LauraleeH View Post
    How can Disney say that McDonald's is too unhealthy for them, and yet they still serve their fries in the parks?
    Actually that is a totally different deal and has to do with McDonald's sponsoring the Dinosaur attraction at AK part of the deal was Fry Carts in the parks.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Well you know you don't have to get the Happy meal if you don't want it just the toy. I've done that with the 50th Anniversy they had a few years ago and when they did the Aladdin stuff. The toys back then if I remember right cost 1.60 or 2.60 something like that. I learn that from a friend when he got the X-Men toys from Burger King when they were doing the movie. If I knew that then I would of got almost all of the 100 years of Walt Disney figures when they did them. But I only got 22 of them.
    DLand character wanted list.

1. DUMBO 2. BLUE FAIRY 3. TARZAN 4. BRER RABBIT 8. JOHN SMITH 9. LAUNCH PAD 11. LOTSO 14. GYPSY

Post Thanks / Like

I bought action figures at burger king and they were only $1 i imagine its the same for mcdonalds.
    "Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known.”- Winnie The Pooh

Charleston, SC- 395.4 miles/6 hrs. & 15 min. from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

My son was born in 1998, and who knows how many happy meals we have had since then. Not too long ago, I went through all of his toys and threw away any happy meal toy that was not Disney. I kept all of the Disney toys. He has quite a bit of the Toy Story 2 collection, 101Dalmations, and the characters from the 100 years. We really don't go to Mickey D's that often anymore, but I will definitely try to get some of the YoAMD toys. I posted to this thread so I could stay in the loop!!
    Tara °O°

AP holder since '03 and DVC owner since '08

Next Up:
    April '10--DH, DS11, and me--Spring break/Saratoga Springs Resort/ Flower and Garden Festival

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder when the pics will appear?

91-98 Off property
    ASMusic-99
    POFQ-01 Wildfires
    ASMovies-02,03
    Pop-04 Hurricane Jeanne
    Pop-09,10,11
    Sports-12
    Pop-15

Post Thanks / Like

They are actually Pirate and Princess toys.

91-98 Off property
    ASMusic-99
    POFQ-01 Wildfires
    ASMovies-02,03
    Pop-04 Hurricane Jeanne
    Pop-09,10,11
    Sports-12
    Pop-15

Post Thanks / Like

I got the Princess Aurora crown today. At first they gave me the pirate figure but when I open it I when back and ask them that I wanted the Princess item sends I'm a Princess freak. So they gave me the Crown which is the only one I really wanted because I'm a huge Princess Aurora fan.

1. DUMBO 2. BLUE FAIRY 3. TARZAN 4. BRER RABBIT 8. JOHN SMITH 9. LAUNCH PAD 11. LOTSO 14. GYPSY

Post Thanks / Like

I went through the drive-thru this weekend and got DD4 a Happy Meal. They asked boy or girl and it even came up on the order screen as girl. But I still spent the next half hour listening to her cry because she got a "boy toy".

Next time I'll remember to check...

Post Thanks / Like

They did that to me and one of my female friends at work. We had ask them for the girls toys and they gave us boys. But for me I was inside McDonalds to order my food and something told me to check the toy out before I leave good thing I did. I have this funny filling that there is alot of complands going on now that McDonalds is not giving out the right toys when we ask. I think they want to keep all the girls to them self.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Does anyone besides me find it just a tad hypocritical that Disney, after all that blather about supporting healthier eating for kids, disassociating them from McDonald's, revamping their kids menus in the parks, etc. that they would then turn around and go back on their word by doing this deal with Mickey D's??

I've heard stories that the P&P parties are really struggling to draw attendance, so this looks like a pretty big desperation move on their part.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I would find it strange if I didn't know Disney only cares about my health when it can increase their profits.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    I would find it strange if I didn't know Disney only cares about my health when it can increase their profits.
    That was pretty much my point ... they're "green" and "healthy" when it's convenient for them.

Very hypocritical, if you ask me.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We went to Micky D's today so DD could get a toy. Since I was eating light anyway, I got a Happy Meal so she could get two toys. Had thought I might keep mine as a collector item, but I couldn't resist giving mine to DD. So she got the Aurora crown (her favorite princess!) and an Ariel wand that lights up.

Something interesting about the princess toys are that they have pictures of the real live princess on them, along with their signature.

Next time we eat out we'll have to try them again and see what we get...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: