Quantcast Summer Vaca....

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Summer Vaca....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Summer Vaca....

We decided no WDW this year because we want to go when the FLE is complete. So, maybe next Spring in early March.

This year, due to some other changes, we are meeting up with college friends and family. The current plan looks like this:

Nick Hotel (2 nights 06/14 - 06/15): All of the kids had more fun at the pool than Universal. Going here so they can play at the pool all day and have fun was the idea.

Portofino Bay @ US (1 night 06/16): Since we will go to US/IoA, staying 1 night on property is a must for the "front of line" passes. This gives us Saturday and Sunday to run through the parks with the kids. They get to have a blast and not waiting in lines is key.

At this point, all the college friends and families will be heading home (they all live in FL which makes this an easy get away). For my family, it is off to Seaworld. Normally, we would only be gone for a week, but we lost another Summer vaca due to schedules. So, we are extending the Orlando trip by a few days.

Renaissance Inn @ Seaworld (06/17 - 06/22): DW, DD, and I will have 4 days to visit Seaworld and Aquatica. I can't remember every going here, but I am sure I did when I was very young (70s?). DD will love being able to see the live creatures, feed the dolphins, the attractions and rides. It will be her first waterpark as well and I think she will love it.

Myrtle Beach (06/22-06/24): On the way back, I will drop DW and DD off at the in-laws beach place. They will spend a few days at the beach and come home with the in-laws. This gives me the weekend to rest, get the yard taken care of, and back to work. They are both off for a few more weeks with Summer break.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

IMO It's always good to try something new. Have fun!
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great plan! Enjoy!
    WDW visits . . .
    April 2013 - Yacht Club
    May 2012 - Grand Floridian
    May 2011 - Grand Floridian
    March 2006 - Offsite
    2000 - 2004 Numerous trips while in college in FL
    January 1989 - First Visit! Polynesian

Next visit:
    September - Disneyland (First trip with son!)

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a long time at Sea World, though...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dinahvixen View Post
    The good news is if we want to hit Universal again, we can drive or take the shuttle bus. We can even relax at the resort. DD will be fine just going to Aquatic to play in the sand and run into the wave pool. We also have a small water park at the resort if we want to relax for an afternoon or day.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dinahvixen View Post
    Agreed... Sea World can easily be done in one day. There is so much to do in the area. Have you thought about visiting Busch Gardens in Tampa? It's not a bad drive from Orlando, and it is a really great park as well.
    "por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas!"

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day!"

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, we are contemplating hitting Busch Gardens for a day. It will depend on what the feeling is after we do Seaworld on Day 1 and Aquatica Day 2. If we think we can make a day of each again great. If not, we take the ~1 hour run over to BG for the day. I have not been there for 25 years.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: