Quantcast The Avengers

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: The Avengers

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Avengers

Not a movie I'd see, but it's projecting to make half a BILLION dollars worldwide in like, a handful of days. Good grief!

I'm not an MBA or expert on Disney business dealings, but from what I gather many of you are both. So are the people who were carping about Disney buying Marvel - and having done so "too late" - going to take this as a panacea? They paid $4 billion, I believe, and will make a good chunk of that back on BO receipts alone for this one movie.

I don't have a dog in this fight so don't really care, but it's looking like a good investment!
    "You used all the glue on purpose!"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We went to a 4:50pm showing yesterday which sold out. It's a great movie and I recommend seeing it (we saw the 2-D version.) It does look like it's going to do very well, which should help Disney following the John Carter fiasco. (If you do go see it, make sure you stay for the credits.)
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post
    (If you do go see it, make sure you stay for the credits.)
    So glad I read this. We are going see it this afternoon, followed by dinner at our favorite Mexican place (Happy Cinco de Mayo!). We usually try to remember to stay for the credits, but sometimes we forget. Thanks for the reminder!!!!!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Finally, a movie that gets the Hulk right! I loved this movie!:

And stay to the very end of the credits. There are 2 additional scenes, many folks left after the first!
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Finally, a movie that gets the Hulk right! I loved this movie!:

And stay to the very end of the credits. There are 2 additional scenes, many folks left after the first!
    Ahhh, we left after the first scene during the credits. I had a feeling we should have stayed all the way till the end.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

$200 million record breaking weekend... Awesome!!! I must go see this movie... i stayed way this weekend cause I knew crowds would be huge...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Two thumbs WAY WAY UP!

Not gonna lie, I am NOT a huge superhero-movie-person. Save the Dark Knight, I couldn't care less if I ever saw another one again. But I went out and saw this one as an excuse to not study for my finals, and I would go see this movie again. I absolutely adored it! DBF makes fun of me for getting so into movies that we see, but this movie literally had me laughing out loud, and (almost) crying, and with my fists clenched during fight scenes. It was absolutely incredible and deserves every penny it makes!

Funny enough, it wasn't until today that I realized that Disney makes the Marvel movies... Don't hold it against me, I said I didn't care for super hero movies! But learning this made me really excited! Just another great thing to love about Disney!

Post Thanks / Like

We also went this weekend. I'm not a huge fan either as far as superhero movies go, but wow, that was really good!! Now my boys, huge fans, said it's the BEST superhero movie they've ever seen, and are going again! We also stayed but only caught the first extra scene. Actually I think most of the theater left then! My son just said the second scene was just showing them eating in a restaurant, and nothing was said, so not too much missed I would imagine. GREAT MOVIE!
    ~Lisa~

WDW trips:
    April, 1991- Honeymoon-offsite
    Nov.1992-offsite
    Nov.1995-offsite
    April 2001-offsite
    Dec. 2004-Wilderness Lodge, AS Sports
    Aug. 2007- offsite
    Mar 2008- AS Movies
    Dec. 2008- Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 2010-AS Movies, CBR
    Aug. 2011- Beach Club
    Mar. 2012- AS Movies

LorrieRojas Guest

I watched the Avengers in the cinema with my younger brother and we both enjoyed it! It's I guess one of the best blockbusters in 2012!

Post Thanks / Like

Default I had a theme-park experience watching a movie!

My DH and I recently celebrated our 19th wedding anniversary and did NOTHING. So a few weeks later we decided to make a date of it and see The Avengers. We also splurged and bought D-Box seats with the 3-D.

I had a blast! We had never done D-Box before and it was the perfect movie for it. During a couple of flying scenes I lifted my feet off the ground and it felt a bit like Soarin'! It was the closest thing to actually being in the movie.

My teenagers have seen this movie multiple times and now I know why. Really a fun ride.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Saw this on Sunday and loved it, although I feel like I need to watch Thor and capt America to get some backstory, since I am not a comic fan. When I saw Joss Weadon in the credits I knew it would have some funny in it - great movie!
    1974-1983 WDW day trips*92 WDW *94 Contemporary*97 WDW*97 Poly*98 DL PAC*99 DL DLH*2000 POFQ & CR*01 WDW*02 DLR DLH*02 WDW*03 POR*03 WDW 06 DVC Member*06 DLR*07 VBR*07 OKW*07 VWL*08 GCH*09 BLT*09 AKV*10 OKW*10 DLP-DH*11 BLT*11 AKL*12 BWV*14 Aulani*15 VGC*17 VGC*SDL TSH*17 TDR DAH*18 BC

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Avengers is a terrific movie... Thank you Joss, thank you... Now, your move Dark Knight..
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

My family and I saw thsi movie on Saturday and thoroughly enjoyed it! All of the characters were entertaining, but Robert Downing Jr. had the best lines. And our favorite scene was where the Hulk punches Thor sideways out of the blue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneymom4ever View Post
    We also stayed but only caught the first extra scene. Actually I think most of the theater left then! My son just said the second scene was just showing them eating in a restaurant, and nothing was said, so not too much missed I would imagine.
    No, it wasn't an exciting scene, but funny just the same, since they were eating in a Shawarma restaurant.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    No, it wasn't an exciting scene, but funny just the same, since they were eating in a Shawarma restaurant.
    And made even funnier at how they were all stuffing themselves and moaning because they were so full.

Post Thanks / Like

I LOVED this movie! And yes, I would recommend seeing Thor and Captain America. Both are good in their own right. Thor manages to take a ridiculous character and origin story and make it seem almost believable (as opposed to the recent Green Lantern movie, which I thought was really awful). Captain America is great because it's set during WWII America and had some good cinematography. Can't wait for the next round of movies and the next Avengers! In the meantime, the new Spider-Man and Dark Knight Rises should fill the comic book void.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: