Quantcast Vera Bradley coming to Disney Parks

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Vera Bradley coming to Disney Parks

Okay, so I am super excited for this.

Per Disney Parks blog this morning.

posted on March 5th, 2013 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

I’m excited to announce that new Disney-inspired handbags and accessories by Vera Bradley will bloom this fall at Disney Parks. Known for their stylish quilted cotton luggage, handbags and accessories, Vera Bradley has been infusing color into all aspects of women’s lives for more than 30 years. Disney Theme Park Merchandise worked closely with Vera Bradley to develop two new patterns that will appear on items this fall. I spoke with Cathy Dawson, merchandiser for accessories at Disney Parks, about these colorful additions.
    “We are thrilled to introduce Vera Bradley to our accessories assortment,” exclaimed Cathy. “In recent years, we’ve seen several guests in our parks and resorts sporting fun, colorful bags by Vera Bradley. Even our Disney Cruise Line team recently added some items by Vera Bradley to the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy. We thought it would be wonderful to add a splash of Disney to these popular and colorful accessory items.”

The new Disney-inspired patterns have names, which is something Vera Bradley does for all of their patterns. Cathy said the black pattern is called “Midnight with Mickey,” while the pink pattern is named “Just Mousing Around.” These patterns will be seen on duffel bags, totes, cosmetic bags and more.
    When released this fall, guests will find these items at select locations in Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts. They will also be sold via the Disney Parks online store at a future date.
    If you plan on visiting the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival, please stop by the Festival Center, located between Mission: SPACE and Universe of Energy in Future World, to get a first look at these bags on display. The festival runs from March 6 through May 19, 2013.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Melanie; 03-05-2013 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Added pics
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

First Dooney, now Vera! This is getting very dangerous! Lol.

Now I really need to make an October Food and Wine Festival trip happen!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA!!!!!!!

Not the biggest fan of the Dooney designs or the price tags, but I LOVE me some Vera! I can't wait to see pics!!!!!! Wahoo!!!!!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Fortunately, I'm not a Vera Bradley fan. I won't be tempted. I think.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    Fortunately, I'm not a Vera Bradley fan. I won't be tempted. I think.
    Me too, and I KNOW I won't be tempted.

Glad you gals are excited though. It's fun when Disney teams up with well known brands.

I'll be back in a few to attach the pics, Tonya.
    Last edited by Melanie; 03-05-2013 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Adding that pesky apostrophe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post

Glad you gals are excited though. Its fun when Disney teams up with well known brands.

Thanks!

Now, like I said on Twitter, this MIGHT not be as dangerous as it could possibly be for me. I am pretty picky with my Vera designs, I like the all black and white, all blue and white, etc., I do NOT care for the Neon bright, pink prints, etc, which in the pics appear to be the two prints they are releasing. But, we all know how that goes, there will be better bigger more prints as it becomes popular, so HOPEFULLY they stick with the print I don't care for so my wallet won't hurt as much as it could

I sent a million texts to DBF when I saw it, he came upstairs to my office and said, "I think I will have to stop your Disney shopping budget" lol, he knows this is a dangerous thing. He said "Well at least it's pocket books, you don't need anymore" I said "Ummm hello? DO know me? Who ever said there is a limit on pocket books?!" hehe I am so excited I'm going to burst!

I do like how they are trying to appease to the masses though. For those that don't like Dooney or their price tag like BriarRose said, she now has Vera, for those that don't like Vera like Tigg and Mel they still have Dooney, but then it's dangerous times two when there's the fans of both....ugh this is going to be ugly in January on my wallet....lol
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerbellT421 View Post
    Thanks!

Now, like I said on Twitter, this MIGHT not be as dangerous as it could possibly be for me. I am pretty picky with my Vera designs
    This might be what saves my pocket book as well. I too am very picky about Vera designs. I have only liked a handful out of the many, many designs over the years, but the ones I did like I really liked! Lol. I am also more into the smaller accessories. I don't really want/like a huge bag with a print all over. Some of them look like granny bags if you ask me. So if these new Disney prints don't come in small accessories then it might not be too dangerous for me after all. Still excited for the possibilities!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Just saw the pics. Not really a fan of either print.
    Denise

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post

Glad you gals are excited though. Its fun when Disney teams up with well known brands.

I agree. It's too busy or something for me. But still exciting that there is another brand bringing fun Disney accessories!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Ah I love Vera! And while I thought the Dooney bags were adorable they were outside my price range.

I'm all about these!
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

btw, can someone fix my title? lol I wrote "Very" instead of Vera. oops lol
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no! Now I might have to get these! The hubby will be so happy...
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Vera's not my style, but happy for those who are fans.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh No!! DW loves Vera. My wallet is doomed
    Cheers/Diz
    61 trips to WDW and counting...
    DVC members since 2002
    Where we've stayed:
    Off site
    CBR, CSR, POR, POFQ
    FW Home, FW Cabin
    CR, WL
    AKV, BCV, BLT, BWV, OKW, SSR, VWL, Poly Bungalow, Aulani
    Disneyland: Off site, DLH, PP, GCR, VGCR
    Cruised on: Magic, Wonder, Fantasy, Dream

Post Thanks / Like

Can't believe women still pay the outrageous prices for Vera bags and they're not made in the U.S. anymore.
    Rob
    1. '66 Preview Center(baby),'71,'76,'86,'94-Offsite
    2. '95 AS Mus,'96 AS Sport,'97 AS Mov
    3. '99 CSR,'2000 CBR
    4. '01 AS Mov,'02 AS Mov
    5. '03-'04 Pop,CHRISTmas,New Years,Collective Soul
    6. '04 Pop,Halloween
    7. '05,'06,'07,'10 Pop,CHRISTmas
    8. '11 Pop,New Years,15th Wedding Anniversary

Post Thanks / Like

I was excited until I looked at the Vera Bradley website and saw the prices I do think the bags are cute though. Something I could see myself owning.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the dark one. I had one Vera purse I liked but it wore out. I have a Vera wallet with an owl design. May have to get one of the purses.

The Dooney one I have is the dark Mickey balloon pattern that I love and the only expensive purse I have ever purchased but I find it spends all it's time lately in the closet. I don't take it on train trips, it isn't practical for flying trips to WDW and I am Not going to take it to work. Poor little bag hasn't seen the light of day in months!

One thing that used to bug me about middle school kids - they had lots of those Vera bags. Parents have to be crazy to give kids those expensive bags. One of my daughters friends had 20 of them and her family was just a normal middle class family.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else think the prints are too bright/"springy" to come out in the fall? With such bright colors it would be better suited for a spring release, in my opinion.
    Denise

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure how much I like them. I'm pretty picky about which Vera prints I like and these seem a little too busy for me. I plan to go to the preview at the F&G Festival to see them in person.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

This is great news for Vera fans (which I am NOT). At least I won't have to budget big bucks on our next trip for one of these.

Now, if they did a Tink or Lilo & Stitch with a tropical motif, I may be tempted (maybe). I just don't like the prints Vera uses... too granny for my tastes.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: