Quantcast June trip and Florida resident seasonal passes blackout dates

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default June trip and Florida resident seasonal passes blackout dates

We are trying to plan a June 2014 trip but don't want to run into the problem we had last time -- which is that we went to the parks on the last few days before the blockout dates for Florida resident seasonal passes went into effect.

When planning the trip we didn't realize that this apparently has a huge effect on crowds -- Florida residents getting in their last few days of visits before the blockout.

We did an early June 2008 trip and had fantastic crowd levels. I'm trying to compare our dates that year to the Florida blockout dates. Does anyone have those dates from 2008?

Thanks in advance!
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default FL Resident Blackout Dates

There was a question about this a couple of days ago.

According to the WDW website:
    Tickets and any options purchased must be used within 14 days of first use, except for Florida Resident 3-Day and 4-Day Tickets. Florida Resident 3-Day and 4-Day Tickets expire 6 months after first use or December 17, 2014, whichever comes first, and may not be used on the following blockout dates: June 8 – August 15, 2013; December 19, 2013 – January 3, 2014; April 12 – April 25, 2014; June 7 – August 14, 2014.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrfromfla View Post
    There was a question about this a couple of days ago.

According to the WDW website:
    Tickets and any options purchased must be used within 14 days of first use, except for Florida Resident 3-Day and 4-Day Tickets. Florida Resident 3-Day and 4-Day Tickets expire 6 months after first use or December 17, 2014, whichever comes first, and may not be used on the following blockout dates: June 8 – August 15, 2013; December 19, 2013 – January 3, 2014; April 12 – April 25, 2014; June 7 – August 14, 2014.
    Thanks for the reply. I have next year's dates, but I'm trying to find 2008's blockout dates to compare to the dates of our trip that year.

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Found it. Blockout started that year on June 7. I looked at my trip report and I guess we just picked good parks to be at during the best times of the day, because the crowds were great. We spent the last day before the blockout at Typhoon Lagoon and went to DHS on the first day of the blockout for Star Wars weekend. Boy, we did that right, cause we got a front row seat for the parade!

I wish we could replay that trip because when we tried to do it again in 2011, we ran into horrendous crowds late in the week.

Post Thanks / Like

Posting again to try to help others in planning. I checked the dates of our trip in 2008 and I was off by a week. Apparently in 2008 we went the week AFTER the blockout began. So the Florida resident seasonal pass blockout DID start on Saturday, June 7, which is the day we arrived, and again, we saw great crowds for the whole week. Not so in 2011, when we actually were at the parks the last few days before the blockout. and there were huge crowds.

Hope this is helpful to someone else.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: