Quantcast Sanaa or Boma?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: Boma or Sanaa

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Boma

16 59.26%
  • Sanaa

11 40.74%

Thread: Sanaa or Boma?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Sanaa or Boma?

We will be staying at AKV for the first time in November. We've never tried either restaurant and I'm going back and forth on which to choose. I booked Sanaa mostly for the Tandoori Lamb but now I'm not sure. DS17 is also very picky and I see I can get him a plain steak there. Which would you choose and why?
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I love them both. It's a tough choice, but you can't go wrong either way. Sanaa wins on atmosphere. The decor is exotic and there's a view of the animals from the window tables. Boma feels cavernous and cafeteria-like to me.

If you love buffets, though, and having lots of choices instead of ordering off a menu, Boma wins. There's so much to try! I'm not even a fan of buffets, but I love Boma. There is also a table of standard American fare (chicken strips, mac n cheese) for the less adventurous.

It really comes down to what you think you might prefer. The food at both places is very good and slightly but not overly exotic, with choices at both for those who might not go for the bold new flavors.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Sherri- you can't go wrong with either. We had a wonderful meal at Sanaa on our last trip, and we will be there for DS3's birthday this year.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the above posters that both are delicious. We have had delightful meals at both. The Chai cream at Saana is one of my favorite desserts.

However, if I had to pick one, I would pick Boma. We just had a wonderful dinner there last week, and you can sample a little bit of everything. I don't eat much meat and have never gone hungry here. I love the soups and the desserts. The salmon we had recently was also great. As someone else noted, there are also less adventurous options.

Really, I don't think you can go wrong. Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like

We love them both too! I really like the decor of Sanaa and it's view out the windows. The food is great at both. If you want a more Indian-influenced food sit-down style, go to Sanaa. If you want a ton of choices and more African influenced foods offered buffet-station style, go to BOMA.

You really can't go wrong at either place but I think that if you are new to trying ethnic foods, BOMA might be a better fit as there are more options to try and plenty for picky eaters too.
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Post Thanks / Like

Both are great options, and you can't make a bad decision here. But if I had to choose, I'd go with Sanaa. I generally prefer traditional table service to buffets. The soups at Boma are extraordinary, though, and are almost worth the price of the meal alone.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

To be fair, I haven't eaten as Sanaa. We love Boma!
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

We love Boma and eat there every year. We can't find the selection of foods anywhere else.

We tried Sanaa once a couple of years ago and have not gone back. To us, it was like an Indian restaurant, but not completely. We have Indian restaurants back home, but nothing else is like Boma.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    The soups at Boma are extraordinary, though, and are almost worth the price of the meal alone.
    Jared, I agree with you on that! I can fill up on the soups!

Post Thanks / Like

These are both outstanding restaurants - 2 of our favorites. We would probably lean just a bit toward Boma, especially if you have a picky eater. At Boma you can try small amounts of food and see what you like. But Sanaa is also really good. We love the bread and spread offerings.

Something to keep in mind - one of the big draws for Sanaa is the view out the window to see the animals. If you're going in November, you can only take advantage of the view if you are dining before dark!

Enjoy your meal....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the post. I have ADR's for Boma but was second guessing myself. I've eaten at Boma's and I don't remember it being great but I was fighting with DH so enough said.
    Looking forward to going there and enjoying the selection!
    Disney Dream'n
    ~Bev

"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney

First Trip 1977 Fort Wilderness Campground
    Many trips in between!

Typical Disney Home- Wilderness Lodge - OUR NEW HOME AT WDW!!!
    Last Trip Feb 2010 Princess Half Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

I had this dilemma when planning our August trip. I know we love Boma, and have been wanting to go back there since our 2003 trip. The menu for Sanaa looks awesome though, so it was hard to choose. We ultimately decided to go with Boma.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

We couldn't decide ourselves and therefore we are doing both, lol!!
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for your input. I ended up booking Sanaa and Jiko for our stay at AKV. DH just didn't want to do buffet. Two firsts for us!
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: