Quantcast x pass?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: x pass?

Post Thanks / Like

Default x pass?

What is this x pass system I'm hearing about?
    Or updates to the fast pass system?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm actually seeing some buzz about Disney recently testing in some spots how Fastpass was originally intended to work - guests actually having to return during the hour window on their FP. Also reports are indicating that CMs are no longer advising guests that the return times are open-ended, like they have in the past.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I'm actually seeing some buzz about Disney recently testing in some spots how Fastpass was originally intended to work - guests actually having to return during the hour window on their FP. Also reports are indicating that CMs are no longer advising guests that the return times are open-ended, like they have in the past.
    Oh no...we used to always return "late". Although, I understand why they might want to enforce the window. However, how can they account for lateness that is not the guest's fault? Like, ride breakdowns, or longer than posted waits at other rides, longer than usual lines at food/merchandise spots, etc.? Isn't that why the return time is open ended?
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I've basically heard the same thing. I never knew you could show up late and still use your fast pass, but it only seems fair that if you are more than 15 min or so past your window,that the fast pass should expire. If I understand the system right, they only issue so many fast passes every day per fast pass attraction. It seems that if everyone was doing this, then both stand bye and fast pass lines could take longer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Oh no...we used to always return "late".
    We always return 'late' as well. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

The one hour window has nothing to do with x-pass as far as I'm aware ... x-pass is the term I've heard used to refer to the "NextGen" iteration of FastPass where everything will be able to tie together and you'll have your dining reservations, ride reservations, character meet reservations, etc. all tied to one "x-pass."
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    The one hour window has nothing to do with x-pass as far as I'm aware ... x-pass is the term I've heard used to refer to the "NextGen" iteration of FastPass where everything will be able to tie together and you'll have your dining reservations, ride reservations, character meet reservations, etc. all tied to one "x-pass."
    Right, which is why they apparently are phasing in this change with the FP window now.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't realize that they would let you ride if you didn't return within your window. Maybe that explains the FP line being as long or longer than the SB line sometimes.
    There are old pilots and there are bold pilots but there are no old bold pilots!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by B.O.B View Post
    Maybe that explains the FP line being as long or longer than the SB line sometimes.
    Nope.

Post Thanks / Like

There is no way Disney is going to start enforcing the 1 hour window because doing so would fly in the face of Disney's "make the guest happy" approach. Disney would be faced with constant guest issues caused by Disney's ride breakdowns, failure to seat guests at ADR time, etc and would find it impossible to police this rule without constant bad blood (PS I am perfectly fine with folks being late for sleepy kids, sick kids, walked up on the Main Street Philharmonic and decided to watch it for the first time, etc., since this is a vacation).

But most importantly, they won't enforce this issue because they don't stand to make any money off of doing so.

Just my
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

We are often "late returners" as well. We didn't find out that this was allowed until we got fastpasses that were at the same time as a dinner ADR. We asked a CM if we could switch out our fastpasses for a different time because of the ADR, this is when he explained that as long as you come back anytime after the time starts you can ride. I wonder if they do start enforcing the times will they allow late comers for this kind of situation, or will the guest just be out of luck if their fastpass is during an ADR??? Not that its the end of the world, LOL, but I could see some very unhappy folks at the fastpass entrance.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    We are often "late returners" as well. We didn't find out that this was allowed until we got fastpasses that were at the same time as a dinner ADR. We asked a CM if we could switch out our fastpasses for a different time because of the ADR, this is when he explained that as long as you come back anytime after the time starts you can ride. I wonder if they do start enforcing the times will they allow late comers for this kind of situation, or will the guest just be out of luck if their fastpass is during an ADR??? Not that its the end of the world, LOL, but I could see some very unhappy folks at the fastpass entrance.
    The return time is posted above the machines..if it is during your ADR time just don't get one- we have run into this, or even the time was when we knew we would be at a completely opposite end of the park,we just opt to skip that particular FP and move on.
    May'98-WL
    Sept'01-POFQ
    Oct'03-ASM
    Aug'04-CBR & Charley
    Dec'05- WL-Joined DVC
    June'06- DL's Grand Californian
    Nov '06 SSR
    Oct '07 SSR with extended family
    Oct '08 Disney Wonder/OKW
    Nov '09 AKV @ Kidani
    Nov '10 Kidani
    Nov '11 VWL
    May-June 13 Kidani
    Feb-March '14 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tundramom View Post
    The return time is posted above the machines..if it is during your ADR time just don't get one- we have run into this, or even the time was when we knew we would be at a completely opposite end of the park,we just opt to skip that particular FP and move on.

One option would be to extend the return window to 2 or 3 hours but then enforce it. Letting people return whenever is just leading to longer FP lines which leads to longer standby lines IMO. FP return line at RnRC was 40 minutes last week - defeats the purpose of having FP.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tundramom View Post
    Ok, didn't ever notice that! LOL. Have these times been posted from the very beginning of fastpass? Our incident with the fastpass at the time of our ADR was over 5 years ago. Not that it would make a difference for me since still to this day I had no idea these posted times existed. I guess I am in "lala" land when I'm in WDW!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    Ok, didn't ever notice that! LOL. Have these times been posted from the very beginning of fastpass? Our incident with the fastpass at the time of our ADR was over 5 years ago. Not that it would make a difference for me since still to this day I had no idea these posted times existed. I guess I am in "lala" land when I'm in WDW!
    A great illustration of why unneccessarily enforcing this is a bad idea.

buzznwoodysmom has been a regular on Intercot for some time, which certifies her as a Disney nut, but yet she didn't know about the posted times. While I thought "WHAT!" when I first read this, it goes along with my feelings of "it's a vacation", and for most folks that means not over-thinking every minute of every day, EVEN if it is more efficient for Disney or other guests. We all know how the efficiency of ADR's has stressed many of us to "make our time" and I would hate for Fastpass to be the next victim.

To put it in Disney speak, Hakuna Matata!
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy4TheWorld View Post
    it goes along with my feelings of "it's a vacation", and for most folks that means not over-thinking every minute of every day, EVEN if it is more efficient for Disney or other guests. We all know how the efficiency of ADR's has stressed many of us to "make our time" and I would hate for Fastpass to be the next victim.
    I totally agree with you, but unfortunately what little we know so far about this NextGen stuff seems to contradict this philosophy.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, When I got a Living w/ the Land Fastpass, they mentioned anytime afterwards as we were about to go ride Soarin, Eat Lunch, and take our scheduled restroom break.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy4TheWorld View Post
    buzznwoodysmom has been a regular on Intercot for some time, which certifies her as a Disney nut, but yet she didn't know about the posted times. While I thought "WHAT!" when I first read this, it goes along with my feelings of "it's a vacation", and for most folks that means not over-thinking every minute of every day,
    You know I felt a little foolish admitting that I didn't know about the posted return times. In my 14 trips, and trust me we use the heck out of fastpass on every trip, I honestly never noticed that, and as far as I know my hubby, two kids, and my mom (who is often with us on our trips) have never noticed either. I guess I'm not paying close enough attention to what I'm doing. When I see threads about celebrity sightings I always think to myself that I could be standing right next to a celebrity and never even notice, because I often find myself so totally wrapped up in my kids and what we are doing. I guess this proves that I was right in thinking that. Makes me wonder what else I've been missing all these years! LOL.
    Denise

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I totally agree with you, but unfortunately what little we know so far about this NextGen stuff seems to contradict this philosophy.
    Which is precisely why, if this stupid "NextGen" garbage turns out to be half as bad as it sounds, my DVC's are going on the market and we'll be taking our vacations at the beach from now on.

I refuse to be forced to plan out every split-second of my vacation just to avoid being shut out of rides, character meet-and-greets, and restaurants ... you know, all the stuff I'm actually, well, there for?
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Which is precisely why, if this stupid "NextGen" garbage turns out to be half as bad as it sounds, my DVC's are going on the market and we'll be taking our vacations at the beach from now on.

I refuse to be forced to plan out every split-second of my vacation just to avoid being shut out of rides, character meet-and-greets, and restaurants ... you know, all the stuff I'm actually, well, there for?
    Ian, I agree 100%.

We are at a point now that even our ADRs seem like such a headache. I hate having to watch the clock to keep track of our next meal. If we have to have a complete schedule of meals, rides, character meets, then the trip becomes not at all enjoyable, and we'd rather spend our time and money elsewhere. I really hope it doesn't come to this.
    Denise

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: