Quantcast Which Universal hotel would you choose?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Which Universal hotel would you choose?

If you had a choice of the Universal hotels, which would you choose and why? We went years ago, before the hotels were finished, and stayed outside the park but would like to enjoy the benefits of an onsite stay. Thanks for any info
    Go Redskins!

Magical Memories:

POFQ 1996
    POFQ 1999
    POFQ 2000
    Poly 2007 (spoiled forever!)
    2013...I hope!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We used to stay offsite, until we experienced the onsite hotels, and the benefit of using your room key to bypass the lines. Worth every penny in my opinion! We will always stay onsite now. As for which one, we've tried Hard Rock twice, and Royal Pacific twice now. To me either one is great, and I know not much difference in price, but we actually prefer RPH. Yes, HRH is closer when walking, and has that cool rock theming, but we like that tropical feeling, so pretty, and the short boat ride is quite nice. (There is a path to walk as well, if you feel like it). I don't think you can go wrong with any of them, and like I say, those room keys are like gold when it's crowded!
    ~Lisa~

WDW trips:
    April, 1991- Honeymoon-offsite
    Nov.1992-offsite
    Nov.1995-offsite
    April 2001-offsite
    Dec. 2004-Wilderness Lodge, AS Sports
    Aug. 2007- offsite
    Mar 2008- AS Movies
    Dec. 2008- Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 2010-AS Movies, CBR
    Aug. 2011- Beach Club
    Mar. 2012- AS Movies

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at a Universal Resort for the first time in December. After much research we went with Hard Rock Hotel, and were very, very pleased with that decision.

I asked, on several websites, which of the resorts was closest to the parks, and again and again the answer was HRH. That combined with the fact that I have two sons (12 and 10), the 12 year old likes to think he is a rock star, so we knew the Hard Rock was definitely the resort for us. We would highly recommend it and will definitely stay there again in the future. As a matter of fact I can't imagine us ever visiting Universal again without staying at one of their resorts.

For the time being we are completely content with staying at HRH, but later on down the line we may want to try the other two.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed at the Portofino and at the Royal Pacific. The Portofino was amazing, beautiful, nothing short of perfect. However....the price was not so perfect. Therefore, on our next trip, we opted for the Royal Pacific. We were not disappointed! It was also an amazing resort. We loved it so much we are returning this year!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at Royal Pacific last year and really enjoyed it. I was all set to book it again for this year, but now I think I'm leaning towards Hard Rock. Reason? RP doesn't have a pool slide--which is a BIG deal for DD! (Hard Rock DOES have a slide, right?) And I thought we might like to try something new...
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for all the great info!
    Go Redskins!

Magical Memories:

POFQ 1996
    POFQ 1999
    POFQ 2000
    Poly 2007 (spoiled forever!)
    2013...I hope!!

Post Thanks / Like

We have only stayed at the RPH. It is gorgeous and not too bad of a walk. We went in the Summer and quickly found some of the pains. The boats do not run if there is lightening (logical). The problem is you walk in the rain if it is. Not too big of a deal for HRH or RP, but PB is supposedly a LONG walk.

The other problem I had with the resorts is lack of activities if there is lightening. Once the pool shutdown, there was almost nothing for kids to do other than run around the lobby which caused looks from others. They really need to plan for this.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

Especially since Orlando is the lightning strike capital of the country...

Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed at Royal Pacific each time we visit Universal and we love it. It's the newest, least expensive and we love the theme of the South Pacific. Food is great.The pool is fantastic. There is a water play area for the kids. It's a short walk (10 minutes) or water taxi ride away from the parks and Citywalk. We want to try the others, but we are always so happy with our stay we go back. Really though since they are all run by Loews I am sure they are all equally great. Just like anything else theme, location and price play into personal preferences.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Sucker for Royal Pacific. I love the polynesian theme and the pool has movies at night.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: