PDA

View Full Version : Silly CBR question

BronxTigger
03-24-2007, 07:17 PM
So I'm considering staying at CBR for the Intercot party in October.

Now, I understand the difference between the Preferred buildings and Standard view (the proximity to Old Port Royale). I'm thinking I'd like to stay across the bridge from OPR, like in Jamaica or Aruba based on the map here on Intercot.

Now for my silly question. I've seen many pictures online for CBR. Some of the photos (including Disney.com) show CBR as having decor that is bright colors, with leaves and things on it. Other sites have the decor as being more muted, like a natural color dresser and beige bedspreads. See photos (http://family.webshots.com/album/558344676jjNbIU?track_pagetag=/page/photo/family/vacations&track_action=/Owner/ViewActions/FullAlbum).

So...are all the rooms at CBR the colorful decor, are all the rooms the beige decor, or is a mix of the two? And, how do you know which rooms have what, or is it random?

Thanks.

Twinsowner
03-24-2007, 07:27 PM
We have stayed at CBR twice and both rooms were the bright decor. I ddint see any with neutral.

TennesseeTink
03-24-2007, 10:39 PM
We stayed at CBR in October of last year in Jamaica. Our room looked exactly like the pic titled "Decor we like" in your pics. We loved the decor as well as the ambience of the resort and would happily stay there again.

Hope this helps!

CleveRocks
03-24-2007, 10:51 PM
I'm not sure of this, but maybe the muted color pix were taken before the refurbishment several years ago.

The two rooms we had and the rooms we saw with their curtains open were all of the brightly-colored variety.

Sylvia
03-25-2007, 07:22 AM
I'm thinking I'd like to stay across the bridge from OPR, like in Jamaica or Aruba based on the map here on Intercot.

We always stayed in Martinique or Barbados and really liked the location.

Some friends stayed in Jamaica and were really happy with their room location. So, in 2000, we decided to give it a try and move across the lake. We checked room availability for Jamaica and Aruba, and were able to get a great rate for a room in Aruba. The rest, as they say is history. Aruba is our new favorite location in CBR. The view across the lake of OPR is beautiful, especially at night.

The early morning walk to OPR, across the bridges and through Parrot Cay, is a great way to start the day. The atmosphere really adds to the "island" experience. Walking back from OPR after dark is almost magical, especially walking through Parrot Cay, and is a perfect end to the day.

Have a great time!!!

Melanie
03-25-2007, 07:32 AM
We had the bright decor in Trinidad South in Jan. '06.

kathiep
03-25-2007, 10:11 AM
In September 06 - everything we saw was the bright, tropical colors.

BronxTigger
03-25-2007, 12:41 PM
Posted by Sylvia
The early morning walk to OPR, across the bridges and through Parrot Cay, is a great way to start the day. The atmosphere really adds to the "island" experience. Walking back from OPR after dark is almost magical, especially walking through Parrot Cay, and is a perfect end to the day.

This walk across the island at night....if I am walking by myself, would I feel uncomfortable as a female? I know it's Disney and I live in the Bronx, but should I be too concerned about safety?

PirateLover
03-25-2007, 01:46 PM
We had the bright decor in Aruba. It is interesting how people have different tastes... I think I would much prefer the "muted" style. I did see pictures of the room ahead of time, but for some reason while we were there I just found it to be very tacky. But I know I'm in the minority. As far as the walk alone, there is no reason to not feel safe, in my opinion. The walk was pretty nice.

DizneyFreak2002
03-25-2007, 02:00 PM
From my rememberance, Aruba has bright decor... The room was not muted in color at all....

Donalds Duckie
03-25-2007, 06:08 PM
I have stayed at CBR pre and post 2002 refurb in Jamaica and Aruba 1x and have always had bright colors. I really like CBR a lot and, in my opinion, Jamaica is my #1 choice, Aruba #2.

As far as walking alone at night, I suppose one should always be careful. That being said, I have stayed at CBR solo many times and I make that walk in dark early a.m. and late p.m. without being uncomfortable. I am always aware of my surroundings and if for any reason I felt uncomforable I would take the resort bus back around to Jamaica rather than the walk.

Have a great trip!:mickey:

BronxTigger
03-25-2007, 06:17 PM
Thanks for all the replies!

I booked online for CBR for October. I couldn't figure out how to make requests on the online booking, so I'm going to call them later.

I am very excited. I'm going for my first of 2 trips in 145 days!

DizneyFreak2002
03-25-2007, 06:46 PM
Good choice BronxTigger... CBR is my favorite moderate.... You will enjoy your stay there... Trust me...

Mariašoš
03-25-2007, 08:26 PM
My husband and I stayed in Aruba 51 and had the decor that you like according to the pictures you posted. Our room overlooked a beautiful courtyard, quick walk to the quiet pool, parking lot, bus transportation and a quick 8 minute walk (from inside of our room) over bridge and island to Old Port Royale. The themeing, lush landscaping, tropical atmosphere, quiet pool, caribbean music, main pool, hammocks, being able to view Illuminations and Spaceship Earth from the resort was great! The food court was wonderful with a great selection of foods and the shopping was fantastic with unique items to purchase as well as the regular Disney souvenirs. One thing that my husband and I really fell in love with was feeling as if we were on a tropical island vacation within our Disney vacation. The layout of the resort is perfect. You don't feel as if you're being run over by a mob of people as you can feel at other resorts. My husband and I did a split stay between CBR and WL and CBR won our hearts! For the price, location, own bus transportation, themeing, amenities, great mousekeeping, wonderful CM's, food court, pools...CBR won hands down for us!

Melanie
03-25-2007, 08:44 PM
This walk across the island at night....if I am walking by myself, would I feel uncomfortable as a female? I know it's Disney and I live in the Bronx, but should I be too concerned about safety?

I did the walk from Old Port Royale all the way out to Trinidad South many times by myself at night. I never felt unsafe. It's well lit.

Enjoy your stay! We loved CBR, after years of thinking we wouldn't.

Sylvia
03-28-2007, 12:15 AM

I've walked by myself many times and never felt uncomfortable or had any problems. There are usually other people walking across the island, so you most likely won't be alone.

minnie-mouse
03-29-2007, 01:30 PM
We stayed in Jamaica building last visit and we loved it. I too, walked over the bridge many early, early, mornings by myself and found there were several others walking too. Never felt unsafe. Enjoy!

Mariašoš
03-29-2007, 08:51 PM
I also walked over the bridge and island by myself, both at night as well as early morning and never felt unsafe.

Meghan
03-31-2007, 09:40 AM
Well... I've stayed at CBR twice as a guest, and twice when I worked there because of hurricanes. Every room I've ever seen has had the bright colors. Its my understanding that all the rooms are decorated the same.