PDA

View Full Version : Baordwalk Area Restaurants

mousaholic
03-24-2007, 05:17 PM
I am planning a vacation for a big group. I need some suggestions from you all...I am looking for a place for the mom's and kids to eat while the husbands are at the microbrewery/restaurant at the Boardwalk. Does anyone have ideas of table service restaurants that are nearby (Boardwalk or walkable resorts) that would be fun? Also, we have quite a few vegetarians in the group. Thanks for the help!

Figment!
03-24-2007, 05:26 PM
You can find an overview of Table Service restaurants in the area with their basic info in the Epcot Resort Area (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/diningguide/epcotresortarea.asp) section of the INTERCOT Dining Guide. :chef:

mousaholic
03-24-2007, 05:34 PM

ElenitaB
03-24-2007, 06:22 PM
While at Spoodles for breakfast, I was impressed by a really large table they have in the middle of the room, right in front of the kitchen area. I thought it would be great for a large group.

Another restaurant that might work for a large group (and that we really like) is Cape May. They have breakfast and dinner buffets, so everyone in your group should be able to find something to their liking.

Maleficent's Dad
03-24-2007, 07:50 PM
I am looking for a place for the mom's and kids to eat while the husbands are at the microbrewery/restaurant at the Boardwalk.
You know, you can eat dinner or lunch (TS sit down) at the Microbrewery. We've been a dozen times or more to Big River; my kids eat there with DW and me - no problem at all. During the nicer weather, they have very comfortable outdoor seating. They don't have traditional ADR's, but do accept ressies 24 hours in advance at the podium. :mickey:

mousaholic
03-24-2007, 07:55 PM
I'll have to look into it more...I thought it was more of a guy kind of place! Thanks for the input!

Goes4FastPass
03-25-2007, 12:23 AM
Your whole group can eat there. We very much enjoyed sitting OUTSIDE, right on the boardwalk.

Milan23
03-25-2007, 10:47 AM
How is the food at the Big River? I have been looking for a final TS outside of the parks for our October trip, and this looks like it might fit the bill and make DH a happy man.

Fangorn
03-25-2007, 11:45 AM
The food is very good. We've eaten there a couple of times and the food has been quite tasty. Portions tend to be very large, and they have a children's menu with lots of choices.

Steve

wendy*darling
03-25-2007, 12:06 PM
How is the food at the Big River? I have been looking for a final TS outside of the parks for our October trip, and this looks like it might fit the bill and make DH a happy man.

The food is good and the beer selection is great.... HOWEVER, they are not part of the Disney Dining Plan, so this will not work for a TS credit.
It's still a great place to take a break from the parks.

wendy*darling
03-25-2007, 12:18 PM
Does anyone have ideas of table service restaurants that are nearby (Boardwalk or walkable resorts) that would be fun? Also, we have quite a few vegetarians in the group.

If you do not want to eat with the men at Big River, you have some options.
If the kids are older and sports fans- then ESPN is great fun.
Spoodles is almost right next door, and they have good food too.
And Cape May Cafe has a great dinner buffet that everyone will enjoy.
If you want lighter fare- there is a pizza window right on the Boardwalk. And Beaches & Cream is across the way for burgers and ice cream. (They have veggie burgers and salads too)

Milan23
03-25-2007, 04:28 PM
The food is good and the beer selection is great.... HOWEVER, they are not part of the Disney Dining Plan, so this will not work for a TS credit.

And see...I even looked this up on the DDP pdf that lists all the restaurants before I posted...which just goes to show that I have no idea what I am doing and am very fortunate to have found you guys!! :D Thanks for the information!

I think that we will still go ahead with it though, and just pay OOP, as it seems to be a place that my dh will enjoy. Plus of all the resorts, I wanted to spend some time at the Boardwalk, it looks like alot of fun.

mousaholic
03-26-2007, 07:22 AM

I just checked my Disney Dining Plan guide for 2007 and I believe that it is listed as 1 TS credit...has this changed?

xipetotec
03-26-2007, 09:16 AM
I am planning a vacation for a big group. I need some suggestions from you all...I am looking for a place for the mom's and kids to eat while the husbands are at the microbrewery/restaurant at the Boardwalk. Does anyone have ideas of table service restaurants that are nearby (Boardwalk or walkable resorts) that would be fun? Also, we have quite a few vegetarians in the group. Thanks for the help!

For my two cents, the Big River Grille and Brewery IS family friendly even if they are beer-centric. We always go there the WHOLE gang ( and we ARE a big gang ) and have a great meal together. That being said, if this is really planned as a "for the guys" meal, I would suggest walking accross to the other side and eating at the Beach Club's Cape May Cafe or Yatch club's Yatchman's Steakhouse.

Milan23
03-26-2007, 10:20 PM
I just checked my Disney Dining Plan guide for 2007 and I believe that it is listed as 1 TS credit...has this changed?

I thought that I read the same thing, so I called WDW-Dine and they told me that the restaurant is on the Dining Plan but does not accept ADR's.

Since there have been many times that I've called someplace and information that differed from actual practice, I was wondering if anyone can verify this...

wendy*darling
03-26-2007, 10:45 PM
I stand corrected! :tiphat:

They are now part of the DDP- 1TS.
And no, they do not take ADRs.

Thanks for checking!

Snowwite
03-27-2007, 07:36 AM

We liked it but would not dine outside there again.My DD was terrified of the birds.

Does anyone know if Beaches and Cream takes ADR's? We want to go in a few weeks

xipetotec
03-27-2007, 09:22 AM
I thought that I read the same thing, so I called WDW-Dine and they told me that the restaurant is on the Dining Plan but does not accept ADR's.

Since there have been many times that I've called someplace and information that differed from actual practice, I was wondering if anyone can verify this...

I went on the dining plan last October.
Big River Grille, The food is great! The Beer is good! They ARE on the dining plan. But you CANNOT make ADRs. You will need to show up in person and give your name.

Goes4FastPass
03-27-2007, 09:33 AM
We ate there last year and while they do NOT participate in ADRs, I was advised while talking to a ADR phone rep to call the restaurant directly and make a traditional reservation.

I did and we were glad because we were scheduled just about the time the post-Illuminations crowd hit.

You may want to try the restaurant at 407-560-0253
http://www.bigrivergrille.com/index.php?pg=location&sub=loc&location_id=23

Milan23
03-27-2007, 11:52 PM
We ate there last year and while they do NOT participate in ADRs, I was advised while talking to a ADR phone rep to call the restaurant directly and make a traditional reservation.

I did and we were glad because we were scheduled just about the time the post-Illuminations crowd hit.

You may want to try the restaurant at 407-560-0253
http://www.bigrivergrille.com/index.php?pg=location&sub=loc&location_id=23

That sounds like an excellent idea, thanks so much!!