PDA

View Full Version : Using my Disney rewards for tickets

JoshGrobanfan
03-24-2007, 04:55 PM
Ok you genius friends. I totally don't understand the whole Disney rewards thing. I have asked WDW people and even tried to talk to Chase- but I still don't get it! :hide: :scratch:
How am I supposed to use my rewards card to purchase tickets to the parks? It isn't a credit card- is it? I've looked at the chart on what you can buy and well, that just doesn't tell me much! :-o

Is there someone out there that has done this before that could shed some light on this mess for me? Please? Sorry to be dumb here, but I have lots of points and want to buy part of our tickets with them. I understand the part about having to transfer them, it is what I do then that is the problem.

:pixie: :thanks:

faline
03-24-2007, 05:02 PM
I just used a bunch of points to pay most of an annual pass. Once you have transferred them onto the Disney Rewards card, call Disney and tell them that you want to use your Disney Rewards to purchase your tickets. They'll take your Rewards card number just as they would your credit card number. If you still have a balance after that, you can provide your credit card number and have the balance due charged to your card.

JoshGrobanfan
03-24-2007, 05:12 PM
OK- that makes sense. Why couldn't they just say that? THANK YOU!

Brian
03-24-2007, 05:26 PM
One other option... Instead of calling Disney, you can purchase tickets through their web site and user your Rewards to pay for all or part of your tickets.

Mickey's Pal
03-24-2007, 05:58 PM
You can also use your Disney Rewards Points to pay for your package- not just the tickets. It's considerably easier that way (without having to book a room and tickets separately). You can apply whatever is on your Disney Rewards Card (make sure it's the card that starts with a 6) and then pay the remaining balance however you like.

Hope that helps! :mickey:

JoshGrobanfan
03-24-2007, 06:38 PM
thanks again. I knew you guys would be able to help me. We are going to be staying off-site this time- so we will see how it goes. I'm having my doubts/reservations., We have a timeshare so what's the point in paying for a hotel, right? That is what my DH keeps telling me.

Tink#64
03-25-2007, 12:16 AM
Josh Groban fan - Heloo fellow Grobanite! I don't have any answers, infact I'm still wondering if we can use our Disney reward cards at WDW restaurants, retail, etc.

If any one has more info - such as can the rewards be used at various places I would appreciate the advice!

Happy to see another Grobanite on Intercot!

:mickey:

Beast_fanatic
03-25-2007, 04:19 PM
Josh Groban fan - Heloo fellow Grobanite! I don't have any answers, infact I'm still wondering if we can use our Disney reward cards at WDW restaurants, retail, etc.

If any one has more info - such as can the rewards be used at various places I would appreciate the advice!

Happy to see another Grobanite on Intercot!

:mickey:

You can use it at most places on property including restaurants and shops. You should have received a pamphlet listing locations for use. I got one not long ago and not all the restaurants were listed, unfortunately I don't know where it's at right now. If you're staying on site though and come across some place that won't accept it, if they'll allow you to charge it to your room, you can do that and then apply your reward card to your room balance.

vamaggie
03-25-2007, 05:00 PM
What we did last time was give them the rewards card at check in and then charged back to our room. I think you can use the rewards card at almost any Disney store/shop/eatery--although some of the ones at DTD that are not Disney owned may not accept them.

WeLuvBuzz
03-26-2007, 02:30 AM
I have used them to buy tickets over the phone and put the balance on the credit card. I have used them at numerous table service and counter service restaturants in the parks and resorts and not had a problem. Shopped at downtown Disney without a problem. A couple of comments: once your order your card it will arrive and have an expiration date about a year of so out. You must use everything on the card before it expires or you will loose what is on the card. Also, you can transfer points online onto the card after you receive it so you can add money to it as soon as the bank posts the points. Last trip we had almost $600 which paid for most of our food for the week. I love it.

Brian
03-27-2007, 10:49 PM
Ditto what everyone else said. :-)

To put it simply... Think of the Disney Rewards card as a Disney gift card. The only places on WDW property that don't take it are non-Disney owned restaurants and stores and vendor carts that only take cash.