PDA

View Full Version : Some DVC questions

tinkerbell0902
03-24-2007, 01:35 PM
My family and I have been offered the opportunity to buy points from a friend to use for our upcoming trip. We had some questions though because we are not DVC members.
1. Would we still be able to use Magical Express?
2. Do the "perks" still apply to us once the reservation is put in our name?
3. Does each member of the family receive a pin or is it one per reservation?
4. Do the DVC resorts offer the refillable mugs like the regular disney resorts?
Any helpful information would be great. These questions might sound silly but they will help us when we make our decision.
Thanks

sassafras
03-24-2007, 01:46 PM
Not sure about the "perks", but the pin thing is 1 pin per reservation. Pretty sure you can use the Magical Express since you're staying at a Disney resort. The DVC doesn't offer refillable mugs as such, but I know if you're staying at the BCVs or WLVs, you can purchase the mugs at the resort grab and go (such as Roaring Forks) and use them for the length of stay as the DVC shares restaurants with the resort. Hope that helps!

Maleficent's Dad
03-24-2007, 01:56 PM
The above post has some inaccuracies so I'll try to clear it up! :mickey:

1. Would we still be able to use Magical Express?
Yes - but your friends have to make the arrangements for you (the owner of the points).

2. Do the "perks" still apply to us once the reservation is put in our name?
Not exactly sure what "perks" you refer to... DVC member perks apply to members and you have to show your member ID card to receive them. But in the resort itself, you'll be treated exactly like a DVC member.

3. Does each member of the family receive a pin or is it one per reservation?
They haven't given us pins in a few years. So Unless I don't know about a new pin promotion, no one will get one (unless you buy one! ;) )

4. Do the DVC resorts offer the refillable mugs like the regular disney resorts?
Yes - all DVC resorts offer this now.

The greatest "perk" of DVC is the size of their accomodations. Where is your friends' home resort? When would you be travelling? OKW has huge accomodations and is set up more for DVC than anywhere else. BCV's are the hardest to obtain and must be booked at the 11 month window.

Any questions - fire away! :mickey:

Figment2
03-24-2007, 02:05 PM
DVC resorts are still Disney resorts so if the "perks" you are asking about are early entry, after hours, etc then, yes, you will still get them.

By pin, are you referring to the pins that Magical Express used to hand out? I think that's over. Or possibly the pin you received when you bought a package through disney? DVC doesn't qualify for that and I'm not even sure they are doing that anymore.

You are not buying a package. You are getting a room, no more no less. The DVC owner can sign you up for Magical Express and the dining plan. For tickets you are on your own.

Cyn

wendy*darling
03-24-2007, 02:59 PM
Maleficent's Dad covered all the answers correctly! :thumbsup:

I just wanted to add that your December dates seem to fall in one of the busiest DVC seasons of the year. The Annual meetings for members are during this time frame, and it's still "Value" season, so the points are low, and the Christmas decorations are up. A great time to go!
Because of that- it is really important to get your room reserved as soon as the window opens up. You will most likely be able to get SSR or OKW a little later, but all of the other DVC resorts start their wait lists right away.

sassafras
03-24-2007, 04:56 PM
Every time we have stayed at DVC resort in the past few years, we have been given a certificate to receive a free pin at the resort's gift shop. Usually some fairly ugly one you can trade.:blush:

tinkerbell0902
03-24-2007, 09:14 PM
Thanks for the great info. I'm not sure what "perks" our friend was referring to but she said we would be treated very well. This helps alot.!