PDA

View Full Version : Living Seas Seacab Question

LauraSAnne
03-24-2007, 12:57 PM
I'll try and ask this as clearly as possible!

Prior to the current state of the Living Seas, after they took out the Seacabs, was the track for the Seacabs left and shut off from the rest of the facility or was it taken out and turned into all of the first and second floor viewing areas? I recall the Living Seas when the Seacabs were there, but I was so young that I don't really remember the layout. Obviously there's a ride there again so that would lead me to believe that the track has always been there but just unused since the Seacabs were put out of service. Could someone clear this up for me? Perhaps someone knows were a layout diagram is? :thumbsup:

Strmchsr
03-24-2007, 01:14 PM
The Seacabs were still there and that area was simply not accessible to the public. They've taken much of the old track and combined it with new track to create the new Nemo themed ride into the former Living Seas.

You can read all about the new attraction, plus see photos and video of the new "Seacabs" here (http://www.intercot.com/themeparks/epcot/futureworld/livingseas/default.asp).

mcjaco
03-24-2007, 07:20 PM
I'm pretty sure the ride is the same as it was when it was the sea cabs. The queue is certainly exactly as it was.

MickeysBestPal
03-24-2007, 08:05 PM
I'm pretty sure the ride is the same as it was when it was the sea cabs. The queue is certainly exactly as it was.

That's not exactly correct on either count.

The new Nemo ride has ADDED track and scene areas inside the area that was formerly the interior space of one of the "twin" theaters where they once played the intro film ("The Deluge") before guests entered the "hydrolators" on the way to the SeaCabs.

The other theater was left basically intact and it is now the new venue for "Turtle Talk with Crush."

The FIRST part of the queue for Nemo is the "old" serpentine area that led from the pavilion entrance doors to the waiting room for the intro film. (It has only been changed cosmetically.)

But the next part of the queue for Nemo is a major rebuild of the old waiting room for the film, but it NOW leads directly to the boarding area for Nemo (and/or the gate to enter the "Seabase" veiwing area.)

CaptSmee
03-25-2007, 03:12 AM
That's not exactly correct on either count.

The new Nemo ride has ADDED track and scene areas inside the area that was formerly the interior space of one of the "twin" theaters where they once played the intro film ("The Deluge") before guests entered the "hydrolators" on the way to the SeaCabs.

The other theater was left basically intact and it is now the new venue for "Turtle Talk with Crush."

The FIRST part of the queue for Nemo is the "old" serpentine area that led from the pavilion entrance doors to the waiting room for the intro film. (It has only been changed cosmetically.)

But the next part of the queue for Nemo is a major rebuild of the old waiting room for the film, but it NOW leads directly to the boarding area for Nemo (and/or the gate to enter the "Seabase" veiwing area.)

Confirmed. The queue area is nothing like what it used to be. It encompases part of the old theaters now and the Hydrolaters are no longer there (thank goodness!).

joelkfla
03-25-2007, 04:09 AM
... the Hydrolaters are no longer there (thank goodness!).
I think you would be in the minority there.