PDA

View Full Version : Belated Honeymoon/ 5-year anniversary

Kairi_7378
03-24-2007, 12:42 PM
My husband and I weren't able to go on a honeymoon when we got married (no $ after paying for the wedding) and we decided to spend our 5 year anniversary in WDW as the honeymoon we never got to take. :cloud9: Can anyone suggest some things that we can do to make the trip romantic? We're booked at the POR. Is it worth mentioning to the resort that it's our anniversary?

Strmchsr
03-24-2007, 12:55 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!!!

POR is nice, though for romance you might reconsider POFQ. It's smaller with a more romantic feel and POR tends to have a lot more families with young children.

Absolutely mention it's your anniversary and the "honeymoon you never had" both on your resort reservation and when you make your ADRs. Sometimes they do a little something extra for you. Not always, but it doesn't hurt to let them know.

faline
03-24-2007, 04:46 PM
Congrats on your belated honeymoon!

Here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/adults/romance.asp) are some romantic ideas for your trip!

January-2007
03-24-2007, 06:59 PM
Yes, do mention it on your resort reservation. When we were at Pop Century for our Honeymoon in January we "had mail" when we checked in. It was a little card in an envelope from Mickey and Minnie saying congratulations on the Honeymoon. It was a nice touch.

GrumpyFan
03-24-2007, 10:07 PM
:congrats: on your 5th!

Yes, definitely mention your celebrating your anniversary. Also, they sell Mickey and Minnie bride & groom hats in the parks. Get a set and wear them. It will add to the magic as everyone, guests and cast members will be wishing you congratulations! We did this on our 6th anniversay/honeymoon that we never had, it was truly magical.

DisneyCouple07
03-27-2007, 11:04 AM
:cloud9: My wife and I spent our honeymoon at POFQ this past September—and we had such a great time that we are going back for our anniversary this year. Definitely mention that it is your belated honeymoon/anniversary—we had come back to the room to find a nice photo of Mickey and Minnie with their congrats as well as some chocolate and beads.

:mickey: Also, get the matching ears (veil and top-hat) and don't forget to go to City Hall in the Magic Kingdom and get your buttons (just mention that its your anniversary). While we were on our trip we were pulled out of the line at Kali River rapids and got to cut the line (felt bad for everyone else on the line though) and we got to be in the parade at AK. And everyone is even more pleasant than normal (can't even begin to tell you how many cast members and guest came up to us to ask how many days and congrats), and it really does make you feel special.

:thumbsup: Before I keep going on and on, congrats again and have an awesome, and magical time.

offwego
03-27-2007, 11:42 AM
Both Por & Pofq have a horse drawn carriage ride that might fit the bill.

Also the boat ride to and from DTD at night is very nice.

While a drink with Piano Bob in the lounge at POR isn't romantic it sure is a lot of fun! (and laughter is a great part of any vacation isn't it?)

Also consider having at least one of the signature dining meals to celebrate. Personally Citrico's and Cali grill are both fantastic. Hopefully you'll have the honeymoon of your dreams!

LoriMistress
04-16-2007, 07:14 PM
Not only mentioning to CM that it's your honeymoon, but also ask what would be the most romantic location and try booking a room there.

I would also suggest wearing the Bride and Groom Mouseears throughout the parks. You'll get noticed, but the attention is good, and CMs will do extra special things.

I would also start picking out restraunts you want ot eat at and making your ADRs. When you make your ADRs mention that you're on your honeymoon.