PDA

View Full Version : Just a "taste" of Epcot

homeschool mom
03-24-2007, 09:51 AM
We will be heading to WDW in May. We have previously had sit down meals at the Mexico, Germany and Italy pavillions. We don't want to do a lot of sit down meals this trip due to time and $$ constraints. Can you suggest places in each country that we can just get a "taste" of some of the native food. We are a family of 7 - DH, myself, 3 DDs 12, 13, 15 and 2 DSs 6 and 8. We will also be bringing along a friend of DDs who is 14. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Septbride2002
03-24-2007, 10:17 AM
There are typically kiosk in every country where you can get a small sample of the food. For instance in Mexico there is the pavillion outside - get 2 things of nachos and share and get a Margaritta as well. In France there is the bakery for something sweet, in England there is the Fish and Chips stand where you can get 2 fish and some fries. In China you can get egg rolls, and dumplings at an outside area. In Italy there is Italian Ice and Gelato outside as well.

~Amanda

Darbylew
03-24-2007, 11:12 AM
There are carts in every country that you can
get a taste of each. During the wine and food
festival there are even more countries that
have carts for you to try their food and wine.
We love Epcot. :thumbsup:
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
MAY 2007! :D

Monkey Magic
03-24-2007, 11:35 AM
My brother enjoys the take-out nachos in Mexico and I like the fish and chips from England. The shaved ice near the Japan pavillion is good as well, but I don't know what about it makes it Japanese.

2MuchWDFun
03-24-2007, 11:54 AM
In Morroco you can get delicious food at Tangeriene Cafe. There are lots of great food choices (wraps, chicken, gyro type sandwiches, salads) it would be easy to feed a large group at a reasonable price. Two people can easily split a combo...the safron chicken is very good. Add a couple of salads like Tabouli (sp?) or Couscous, or get the hummus and dip the flat breads in it. Everyone can share family style.

Don't forget the Baklava for dessert.

Enjoy!

pook@wdw
03-24-2007, 05:03 PM
There are carts in every country that you can
get a taste of each. During the wine and food
festival there are even more countries that
have carts for you to try their food and wine.
We love Epcot. :thumbsup:
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
MAY 2007! :D

Love the Food & Wine Festival!:thumbsup: Gives you a chance to eat :eat: & drink :beer: "around the World". We always go in October because of DD fall break from school and so we don't miss the "Festival".:woohoo:

Figment!
03-24-2007, 05:27 PM
See the Epcot - World Showcase (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/diningguide/epcot2.asp) section of the INTERCOT Dining Guide. :chef:

luvdiznee
03-24-2007, 07:41 PM
Sushi in Japan was a good snack for us. :thumbsup: