PDA

View Full Version : Is Summer Terrible?

DisnIse
03-24-2007, 08:31 AM
We're planning a trip to California for NEXT summer using my in laws' timeshare. The only time it looks like we can visit will be July.

I've been to WDW in July, and it's hot and ridiculously crowded. Would you saw the same for DL?

We're going to get the Southern California CityPass, so we'll have 3 day hoppers. Would that be enough?

I'm getting excited, and it's 15 months away!

NotaGeek
03-24-2007, 10:20 AM
July will be hot, but NOT humid! Perfect weather to ride Splash Mountain or Grizzly River Run and dry off in the SoCal sun.

The parks will definitely be busy, if you hit the park on a weekend day it's a very good chance they parks could hit max capacity. Patience is a virtue best used in the summer at DLR. Luckily California Adventure is always less crowded and a nice getaway as DL gets PACKED in the afternoon.

Monday-Thursday will be less crowded so if you can swing it, it will let you get WAY more rides in during the day and in the summer Fireworks happen nightly.

Your post is titled September? The break in season happens on Labor Day weekend, and it's like someone turns off a faucet as the park hours change and kids go back to school. Just keep in mind that rides start refurb schedules right after Labor Day!

Marla
03-25-2007, 02:58 PM
I agree with everything that Michael said. A three day park hopper will be perfect. What I would suggest is to get to the parks early. Take advantage of the FP system. And when the park gets crowded take a break. Go to Downtown Disney for a nice lunch, in a air conditioned restaurant. Then maybe a movie, then hit the parks again. Or, even go back to your timeshare/condo for a nap, or an afternoon swim. The good ol' Pacific Ocean is nearby as well, for an afternoon break. :tink:

heart4princephillip
03-26-2007, 12:54 PM
Chicago is one of my favorite cities, but I would much rather be in Southern California than Chicago in July!

DisnIse
03-27-2007, 08:01 AM
Thanks! We haven't heard back from the timeshare company, but I'm really looking forward to going back to Cali. (sorry, couldn't help it)

We're VERY much early morning people, so we'll definitely take advantage. Thanks so much!

Dakota Rose
03-29-2007, 04:33 PM
We like to get away from the crowds and eat dinner off-site. There are lots of good restaurants "on the strip", so if you have a rental car, try heading away from the park to eat. It will be cheaper too.

Also, there's a Disney outlet about 2-3 miles from the park. I highly suggest it.

In July, it will probably be in the 80s, maybe some 90s. No humidity tho. Probably some wind and definitely smog. Bring your allergy meds.