PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading a Child's Ticket

merlinmagic4
03-24-2007, 07:09 AM
Hello

How do I go about changing my son's park ticket to and adult ticket? We bought the non expiring tickets in 2005 and my son just turned 10 this month. It would also be helpful to know how much it will cost - it is a 10 day plus non expiring ticket.

Strmchsr
03-24-2007, 09:14 AM
If I'm remembering correctly, you can take it up to any ticket window at WDW to exchange it. If you're buying tickets as part of a package, you'll have to ask Disney/your travel agent.

merlinmagic4
03-24-2007, 09:20 AM
We already have the tickets from 2005. How do we get in the gates with a child ticket? There are 7 park days and 4 plus days left on the ticket but now he is 10.

faline
03-24-2007, 04:50 PM
Unless it's changed, my understanding is that Disney will not penalize your son for getting older and will upgrade the ticket without additional charge. Just bring your existing ticket to any Guest Relations window.

Auntie
03-24-2007, 11:15 PM
Honestly..if he is just ten...I personally wouldn't even bother. I'd just use the remaining days. I really don't think they are going to question it. You already have the ticket. If you are worried about it then by all means have it updated. I have update a childs ticket to adult..but the child was older than 10. There was no charge to upgrade the ticket to adult. My son was also 12 when we upgraded the ticket. So...I figured there was no way he was going to pass for nine..and I didn't want any problems at the gate..but for a child who recently turned ten..I don't think you have anything to worry about either way. If you are more comfortable then by all means upgrade the ticket..we went to the guest services desk at the hotel.

merlinmagic4
03-25-2007, 06:15 AM
I always thought they charged the difference. So, why upgrade at all? For statistics? Maybe I'm missing something.......:blush:

Auntie
03-25-2007, 12:25 PM
That's my point..they don't charge..you might just get a pass that indicates it's an adult pass if you are worried that they may question him at that gate...which I really doubt that they would. I'm just saying if it were me..I wouldn't even bother. :mickey:

Lady
03-26-2007, 11:22 AM
This happened to us this past summer. We bought an AP pass when our DS was 9. He turned 10 before it expired. We asked at guest relations at our hotel and they said he was fine to continue using it. Even though he is a tall 10 year old (we even took his passport when he was 9 because he was so tall we didn't want anyone to think we were trying to buy a child's pass for an older child), no one even questioned it. The CM said is was more of a hassle to exchange it. Not one person said anything to us about it. I would ask guest relations when you get to the hotel and see what they say.

King Triton
03-27-2007, 12:38 PM
Unless it's changed, my understanding is that Disney will not penalize your son for getting older and will upgrade the ticket without additional charge. Just bring your existing ticket to any Guest Relations window.

This is my understanding also. I don't think they're going to charge you; the ticket price you're supposed to pay is based on the age of your son when you bought the ticket.

merlinmagic4
03-27-2007, 12:47 PM
Thanks everyone :mickey: I have to say this is surprising (and great) news to me! One less expense to try and fit in :D