PDA

View Full Version : Can I change my party w/o a penalty?

alicia524luvstw
03-24-2007, 05:58 AM
There is a good chance my DH can't join me on the trip I booked for us in May. I'll know in a couple weeks. My DS said he would go if this happens. Will Disney charge me for changing my party from 2 adults to 1 adult 1 child? Will they allow the change? Do you know if SWA will allow a name change for the plane ticket?

sassafras
03-24-2007, 07:18 AM
Last May, dh and I had reservations to stay at the WLVs when he became seriously ill in April. I had to call and cancel our room. Southwest was who we were set to fly with. I called and explained what happened to them, they gave me a credit for the tickets (which were non-refundable) which was good until Jan. 07. To make a long story short, DH recovered, but had no more vacation time. I rebooked for July, with my sis, and Southwest let me use DH's credit for her ticket. As far as Disney, I'm not sure, but they've always been pretty understanding with us. Hope it all works out!

wdwnomad
03-24-2007, 09:17 AM
You can make changes to a package with out plenalty up 45 days before your arrival date. Making changes to it after that there are cancellation/change fees.

If your husband won't know until 45 days or less and you are on a package it might be a good idea to take him off of the package now. You can add him back on if he can go. I think technically Disney can charge you a fee for adding him after 45 days but I really have never heard that happening when you are giving them more money.

faline
03-24-2007, 04:53 PM
Southwest's official policy is that will charge a fee if you need to change the name on an airline ticket.

I could be wrong, but I don't think Disney will care much whether your trip consists of you and your husband or you and your child especially if you have room only reservations. If you have a package, I'd call and ask if there would be any penalties for such a change.

Mickey's Pal
03-24-2007, 06:07 PM
Will Disney charge me for changing my party from 2 adults to 1 adult 1 child? Will they allow the change? Do you know if SWA will allow a name change for the plane ticket?

If you currently have 45 or more days before you arrive in WDW, then go ahead and "downgrade" from 2 adults to 1 adult and 1 child now. You can always "upgrade" (it's considered an upgrade since the adult ticket costs more) AT NO CHARGE- AT ANY TIME (inside the 45 day window) back to 2 adults.

***If the child is 10+, it won't matter and is considered an "even exchange" (meaning that the name only would be substituted) and Disney won't charge anything.

For air... SWA cannot change the name on an issued ticket, but can refund you the $$ amount in the form of a credit... you can use the credit later - paying any differnce in fare (if any) + a $50 fee (usually that's the amount).

Hope that helps!
:mickey:

alicia524luvstw
03-28-2007, 05:49 AM
Thank you for all the help. Looks like my son is going with me. Can you believe he is tired of WDW!That's why he wasn't coming in the first place. I wonder though, if I have 2 change my adr's to reflect the change in the party, or just leave it as is. He is 9 1/2 . Ressies were 4 2 adults.

alicia524luvstw
03-29-2007, 06:05 AM
In case someone else finds themselves in my situation, Disney changed my ressies- no problem. And my son is bringing his friend so he was added on. I did have to cancel my adr's and rebook. The restaurants I wanted were all available. That was surprising because we'll be there in 33 days.