PDA

View Full Version : Law Enforcement discount?

CCBodine1
03-23-2007, 10:33 PM
Hello, I'm a long time lurker and am going to WDW at the end of May. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if they know of any law enforcement discounts for the parks or hotels? Thanks!

Strmchsr
03-23-2007, 10:54 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!!!! And, if you're in law enforcement, thanks for your service. :notworth:

Not that I know of. The Swan and Dolphin offer teacher (and, I think, nurse) discounts, but no other professional discounts.

mttafire
03-23-2007, 11:11 PM
It all depends on the cast member..I HAVE received the same discount as aaa members would get, Im a professional firefighter but im NOT a member of aaa. Whenever i book my vacation and then check in i mention to the c.m. about my profession...SOMETIMES i get a discount and sometimes i dont. If i dont, i DO NOT argue. I just take it when they say YES:mickey: Do yourself a favor, Ask about a discount due to your profession. You may just get it. Like i said, sometimes they give it to me and sometimes they dont. It doesnt hurt to ask.
P.S. Intercot has a strick policy of NOT allowing "ways to beat or cheat" the system at Disney. Im NOT suggesting either, Im just saying asking for a discount certainly doesnt hurt., Shawn

tinkerbell04
03-24-2007, 09:57 AM
My husband is a police officer and we have stayed at the Swan and Dolphin using a reduced rate. There is a link on the site that will walk you through the steps. The down fall is you can not charge things to your room or participte in the dining plan while staying at those resorts. You can however participate in all Extra Magic hours.:mickey:

SgtTigger
03-24-2007, 11:46 AM
AS one Officer to another

Welcome to INTERCOT

Right after 9-11 they had a bunch of discounts for Law Enforcemant but other than that I have never seen any others....... Now that you have taken the steep and are no longer a lurker.... We expect a trip report after that may trip......... :D

:cop: :tigger:

CCBodine1
03-24-2007, 10:21 PM
Thanks to everyone for your responses! I will be looking into it and maybe I'll get lucky! :thanks:

mttafire
03-24-2007, 10:51 PM
Most importantly.......Have a great time in the "World".:pixie: