PDA

View Full Version : Can People in Your Dining Party Not Eat?

merlinmagic4
03-23-2007, 09:27 PM
Hello,

I decided to book the Princess Storybook Lunch at Epcot for my daughter's 7th birthday. I was going to do just my daughter, my mother, and myself but decided my husband and son should come along too so we can do a cake.

My question is, if my son does not like anything on the menu (which he doesn't) do I have to pay for a buffet meal for him? I was thinking he could join us at the table but eat at a counter service later. He really will not eat anything on that menu. He's a pizza or chicken/fries kind of guy!

It kills me to pay 28.00 for him to have a soda but I'll do it if I have to!

Christine
03-23-2007, 09:38 PM
I can't speak for the restaurant in Norway, but last week when we were there, I skipped several meals due to some gallbladder issues and had no problems just ordering a drink. I made it very obvious that I wasn't "pinching" any food off of the others' plates and the servers didn't seem to be bothered at all, other than worrying about me being hungry.

I have seen (though I don't know if this is truly acceptable) people bring counter service in for their kids at some restaurants. In other words, perhaps you could swing by USA in World Showcase and get him some chicken fingers or something to take to Akershus with him??? Then he can eat with you??? You might want to call 407- WDW- DINE and ask about that.

merlinmagic4
03-23-2007, 09:44 PM
Wow, that would be great if we could bring something in! I will definitely call and ask about that. Thanks!

Oh, and he definitely won't be eating off of our plates. He would never touch any of it :sick: !

Christine
03-23-2007, 09:47 PM
Oh, and he definitely won't be eating off of our plates. He would never touch any of it :sick: !

Bless his heart! Yes, I definitely would hate to see you pay for food he won't eat. I hope it all works out!

merlinmagic4
03-23-2007, 09:53 PM
The worst part is that he just turned 10 so he's an adult for the buffets! I was looking at 28.00 for a bagel at Crystal Palace :scared: ! All worth it though...

Goes4FastPass
03-23-2007, 10:28 PM
He's a pizza or chicken/fries kind of guy!... Most restaurants at WDW have at least one of the 2 things your son's diet consists of in the children's menu or on the buffet if that's the format.

I myself have been know to snatch a chicken finger from the 'short peoples' buffet at CP.

wendy*darling
03-24-2007, 04:06 AM
Unfortunately, everyone at a fixed price restaurant has to pay according to their age, regardless of how much they eat (or don't eat).
That goes for buffets and family style meals.
At the Princess Storybook Lunch, your son will be charged as an adult, but he is allowed to order off the kids menu (which does have pizza! :pizza: ). So, it will be an expensive pizza, but at least he will like something!

If you were at a regular "order off the menu" place, he could certainly choose not to order anything.

Most restaurants will try to make sure everyone at the table has something they want to eat.

merlinmagic4
03-24-2007, 05:54 AM
So, if they sit down and don't eat a thing, they get charged the buffet price? I'm not complaining, just trying to be informed.

I didn't realize they had pizza.... I don't believe it is listed on the menu in Info Central but I may have missed it! I was only going by what I had read so that's why I posted (to get better information) :thumbsup:

My son grew up with medical issues that left him with a very limited diet....long story but he's not just a kid who is picky. There's more to it :)

Thanks for the information; priceless, as always!

bicker
03-24-2007, 06:51 AM
Some of the character meals assess an entertainment fee if guests insist in sitting with a family but not ordering. It used to be $5 but I've heard it is $7 now.

merlinmagic4
03-24-2007, 07:12 AM
Some of the character meals assess an entertainment fee if guests insist in sitting with a family but not ordering. It used to be $5 but I've heard it is $7 now.

He's not really "insisting" LOL!!! He would much rather do something else (not a princess fan) but I can't really leave him on his own outside the restaurant at 10!! :D

wendy*darling
03-24-2007, 02:43 PM
My son grew up with medical issues that left him with a very limited diet....long story but he's not just a kid who is picky. There's more to it :)
If there is an allergy or other medical issue, then be sure to ask to speak with the chef. Not only at this lunch, but at every TS you have.
:chef: The chefs at WDW are more than happy to make something special for someone who has a dietary restriction or is vegetarian. They typically come out to the table, ask you what you like and don't like, can and can't have. Then they come up with yummy concoctions just for you! :thumbsup:
(I think they like to show off a bit, too ;) )

Definitely do this for your son at all of the restaurants you visit. That way he'll be sure to have foods he likes and can eat. :eat: