PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre Stranger Comments?

BronxTigger
03-23-2007, 07:34 PM
Okay, so sometimes you are out and about and somebody says something to you that just stands out.

For example:
DH and I are walking up the stairs to get to the subway (elevated tracks). I'm on the right and DH is on my left. This guy comes down and says "Only in London, brotha, only in London." I'm a little perplexed by this seemingly random comment, until after he leaves and DH says "did you hear him?" and I say, "yeah, he was saying something about London." DH says, "yeah...I was walking on the left." Haha.

Another example:
I'm leaving a corner store, and a guy I've never seen says "Can I borrow 50 cents?" I say "sorry, no. I don't have any change" He says "Really, are you sure?" :confused: I respond with "Yes." and walk away. ........How is a stranger going to borrow 50c? Am I going to see him tomorrow to get my money back with a "thanks for the loan?" :confused:

Any other strange stranger interactions out there?

Amaya-chan
03-23-2007, 07:44 PM
Had some random dude in Key West tell me to "stay in school"... strange.

Disney Babe
03-23-2007, 09:21 PM
Someone once asked me, "What's the frequency, Kenneth?" Just kidding!:blush:

I've heard some pretty strange comments. Especially when I was riding the bus. For example, there was the guy who saw me reading my newspaper and said, "Excuse me, can I read that?"

I used to work at a very popular store very close to my hometown. For some reason when people recognized as someone who worked there they said some pretty strange things. Once a man got on the bus at the same time as me and called me by the name of the store. I live in a small town and sometimes I would see him when I was walking down the street. He would yell across the street, "Hey, name-of-the-store!" That's all, just that. He never said anything else to me. This went on for about three years. Once or twice I was walking down the street and saw him down aways from me and I took every detour I could through allies and parking lots just to avoid having him call out to me.

QTPie68
03-24-2007, 11:03 AM
I seem to attract wierd people.....perhaps it is my winning smile, my polite demeanor....I dunno....but here is just ONE of the many many many stories I have.

I was at my usual grocery store, just minding my own business, pushing my cart. I see this.....woman....well, you could tell she just wasnt' quite right (as my brother would say) as I passed by her she said to me "Evil woman!! All women with RED HAIR are EVIL" :thedolls: and then just kept sputtering about evil red haired women every time she saw me in the store.:jaw:

I mean, you just gotta laugh about that one :rotfl:.