PDA

View Full Version : Top Places for Ice Cream or a Sundae in the World?

AliceinDisney
03-23-2007, 07:05 PM
I think that the best ice cream places are in Magic Kingdom, Mrs Potts Cupboard, The Dole Whip thingies are sort of a sundae.

wendy*darling
03-23-2007, 07:18 PM
I have a couple of favorites:
Ghiradelli's in Downtown Disney has yummy sundaes. I love ending an evening there before heading back to my resort.

Beaches & Cream at the Beach Club. The only drawback is that this is a tiny place and the lines are often very long. But you can get almost anything here... INCLUDING the Kitchen Sink (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/foodphotos/deluxeresorts/bcpage1.asp#photo6)!

Monkey Magic
03-23-2007, 07:25 PM
There isn't much great ice cream in WDW. I like soft serve vanilla, and Dole Whip and Mrs. Potts' Cupboard are pretty good. The Outpost in Epcot used to be amazing, but has changed since. :( Too bad, it was really good too.

trapper
03-23-2007, 07:27 PM
"Beaches & Cream at the Beach Club. The only drawback is that this is a tiny place and the lines are often very long. But you can get almost anything here... INCLUDING the Kitchen Sink" (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/foodphotos/deluxeresorts/bcpage1.asp#photo6)![/quote]

Been there, Done that!! Loved the Kitchen Sink!:cool:

SgtTigger
03-23-2007, 07:34 PM
Beaches & Cream
Beaches & Cream
Beaches & Cream
Beaches & Cream

Oh and did I mention Beaches & Cream

I love this place........... :tasty:

:cop: :tigger:

Here we go again...
03-23-2007, 07:36 PM
Beaches & Cream
Beaches & Cream
Beaches & Cream
Beaches & Cream

Oh and did I mention Beaches & Cream

I love this place........... :tasty:

:cop: :tigger:

:ditto:

Maleficent's Dad
03-23-2007, 07:40 PM
Ghirardelli's!!! No question - just go in and order the "Strike it Rich!" :tasty:

Beaches & Cream is a nice second place here!

mouseketeer mom
03-23-2007, 07:49 PM
You know, just for the location, I just love to get a vanilla ice cream cone at the Plaza on Main Street, my kids love the cones with the "Mickey Ears". Stepping out onto Main Street with that ice cream cone is the best feeling! We walk and savor our cones, the sites and sounds all around Main Street and the castle. Perfect.:cloud9:

BronxTigger
03-23-2007, 08:08 PM
Beaches and Cream...the ambiance is amazing, too!

Any cart with a Mickey Bar!

The Main Street Bakery...the freshly baked Toll House Cookie is so good!

Monkey Magic
03-23-2007, 09:39 PM
The ice cream inside the Mickey bars is the best hard ice cream ever. I wish they'd scoop it out and sell it. =/

May524
03-24-2007, 02:11 AM
I have a couple of favorites:
Ghiradelli's in Downtown Disney has yummy sundaes. I love ending an evening there before heading back to my resort.!

I love Ghiradelli's!!!! YUM! The caramel there is amazing! I'm also a frozen coffe drinker, and their's is incredible!!! Ahh can't wait to have one!

RescueRanger23
03-24-2007, 02:01 PM
There is simply nowhere better to get ice cream than Beaches and Cream.:)

dolphinmickey9170
03-24-2007, 02:26 PM
Ghirardelli's!!! No question - just go in and order the "Strike it Rich!" :tasty:

Beaches & Cream is a nice second place here!

WOO HOO!!!! AMEN!!!
are we there yet??

I'm too excited to sleep..

41 days

JPL
03-24-2007, 03:58 PM
Beaches and Cream :cloud9: :cloud9:

baldburke
03-24-2007, 07:27 PM
Ghiradelli's for sure. They have the best chocolate ice cream.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-24-2007, 11:50 PM
I agree, Beaches & Cream was fantastic! Huge sundaes. We do't bother waiting for a table inside, we get them to go and just find a place to sit and enjoy.
And for soft serve, the Dole Whip at the Magic Kingdom. I like the 1/2 vanilla & 1/2 pineapple. Yum

MinnieMommie
03-25-2007, 11:38 AM
Ghirardellis is my favorite place to have a sundae while at Disney. :thumbsup:

magicofdisney
03-25-2007, 04:05 PM
I've heard the soft serve near Expediation Everest, in AK, is good.

DisneyDude1977
03-25-2007, 04:25 PM
The Plaza restaurant in the MK is the best! You could make a meal out of their ice crean alone!

Goofy Pluto
03-26-2007, 02:45 PM
I can't knock Beaches & Cream. I've had ice cream there a couple of times and it's good, but I have dreams about having a sundae as Ghirardelli's. Heavenly! I can't recommend the Domingo enough. Two scoops of super premium vanilla ice cream, our home-made hot fudge sauce surrounded by a sliced banana and topped with whipped cream, chopped almonds and a cherry. AWESOME!!! :tasty:

mjaclyn
03-26-2007, 02:58 PM
LOVE Beaches & Cream. I try to visit this place at least once per trip just for ice cream. If I'm staying at Beach/Yacht Club I'm there much more often!! :)

Disnamic Duo
03-27-2007, 12:37 PM
BEACHES & CREAM is the best ice cream in the World for sure. The No Way Jose is fantastic! If you like chocolate & peanut butter....

Ghirardelli's is a close 2nd....

lightyearfan
03-27-2007, 01:06 PM
the plaza resturant makes an awesome sundae
as does that corner sprot right next to the plaza resturant, the dole place is nice but it can be messy trying to soft serve as your walking the park in that heat (IMHO), again don't misunderstand we do like the dole, but to sit down in a nice air conditioned place and looking at the castle while we're eating our delicious sundae is priceless! plus it's ice cream it always good!:thumbsup:

Victor:mickey:

jefmblrd
03-27-2007, 01:56 PM
Beaches & Cream is the place to go. The ice cream is good-the Kitchen Sink looks incredible, although I have never tried it, and the location-right next to Stormalong Bay is great as well.

Ghiaradelli is a great place to go as well.

Although a Mickey Bar at any time is a treat too!

mac badger
03-27-2007, 03:09 PM
i also really enjoy the enchanted grove in MK for their strawberry swirls. i always try to get one of these and a dole whip float as well.
and ghiradelli is great!

AdventurerKim
03-27-2007, 03:23 PM
Ghiardelli is the best for all of your ice cream and chocolate delights!

A close second is the Main Street Ice Cream Parlor! I'd love some now! :number1:

celestesmommie
03-29-2007, 10:13 AM
Just wouldn't be a trip without a Kitchen Sink from Beaches N Cream

It usually takes my DD10 & at least 3 friends to finish it off